White House dinner crashers Tareq and Michaele Salahi will be on D.C.'s "Real Housewives" after all

Tareq and Michaele Salahi (Scott Barbour/Getty Images)

Set your DVR! Well, for when exactly, we don't know. But sources confirm to our colleague Lisa de Moraes that if and when Bravo gets around to airing "Real Housewives of D.C.," Tareq and Michaele Salahi will be part of it.

We know, it's impossible to imagine the show without the legendary polo-playing, winery-feuding, social-climbing Virginia courtroom regulars. But while their White House gate-crashing escapade last November raised their profile, it also complicated matters for producers: Would it turn off viewers? Or be taken as a slight to the White House? The couple remains the subject of both federal and state investigations.

But for now, they're on the show, as first reported by the Daily Beast, which said the Salahis will soon be filmed for the show's opening credits along with other cast members. Their identities are well-established open secrets, though a Bravo rep Thursday reiterated that no casting announcements have been made. Is Bravo holding off on scheduling the show until it finds out if the Salahis will be prosecuted? The rep declined to comment.

By The Reliable Source  |  March 25, 2010; 7:25 PM ET
Categories:  Real Housewives of D.C. , White House crashers
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Marion Barry declines to discuss potential reality show all about Marion Barry
Next: This Just In: "Game Change" authors sign seven-figure sequel deal for 2012 book

Comments

we have domestic terrorists posing as patriots because 30 million fellow american might be able to get health care so why not have two fake social climbers represent the elite of washington society. the lack of class, education and breeding marks the participants in each of the real housewives shows so should it be different of dc?

Posted by: george32 | March 25, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Thank you. Wonderful news. I wondered what became of them.

Posted by: edwardallen54 | March 25, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Bravo has no shame

Posted by: NovaCath1 | March 25, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

I am sorry to admit that I miss the Salahis :)

Posted by: diakhateus | March 25, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Is it April 1st yet?!

Posted by: eabgarnet | March 25, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Puhlease. I'm not watching this trash. If I wanted to watch a slimy, pudgy guy and his fake little slimebabe, I'd get more entertainment out of zoo animals. At least they are real.

Posted by: newporter | March 25, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

This is going to be great!
"Team Salahi"

The other comment here is good...........we missed "The Salahi's" too. Ok - when is it?!

Bring it on!

Posted by: lisag1 | March 25, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

The joke may be on the Salahis.....their continued presence in the public eye, particularly on tv, may well mean prosecutors DO file charges and treat them more seriously in every way...lest the public think they "got away" without facing the law.

Posted by: BlanketyBlank | March 26, 2010 1:34 AM | Report abuse

How long does it take to investigate a fraudulent charity?

Seems like Bravo should wait until they go to trial and prison, and get that included on the show as well.

Posted by: postfan1 | March 26, 2010 6:18 AM | Report abuse

The show is a farce anyway. It's supposed to be about wealthy housewives, but it's turned out to be about broke posers who live beyond their means to the point of eviction, foreclosure, and massive debt - see Atlanta & Orange County seasons and if this season follows the path of other seasons, most of the women will not be married or homemakers.

Posted by: loved1 | March 26, 2010 7:27 AM | Report abuse

Indians in the White House for Thanksgiving [Brhn rhn]; xref: Manhattan glass beads; xref; computer screen glass beads [thn/]

RE: Salahi; xref: Salat,

the Arabic word for Prayer;

xref: Haj Tent on South Lawn;

Leader of the Largest Muslim population in the world guest!

An 'in' {{LOL, who just got 'in'!!}} Joke that proves who's really in
control;

Posted by: randomsample | March 26, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

If this happens, I will never watch Bravo again. I can't stand seeing this type of people be rewarded for their arrogance and self serving behavior.

They should go to jail, plain and simple. Bravo should be ashamed if they put these two embarrassments on the air.

But then again in a society where Octomom and Jon and Kate are celebrities, I guess I should be used to this by now.

Posted by: AutumnBanter | March 26, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Not since Marlene Cooke drove down M Street with a boy toy clinging to the hood of her Jaguar has Washington had a socialite they love to hate. Bravo Tareq and Michaele! (pun intended)

Posted by: kmp1 | March 26, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I'd watch it if they were being filmed at The Central Detention Facility (CDF/DC Jail) but not if they're running loose.

Call it "Don't Drop the Soap!" charlatans of D.C.

Posted by: theobserver4 | March 26, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Thanx for the warning. If I never see those two again or hear their names, it will be too soon.

Posted by: deej200321 | March 26, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Not too long ago the Post ran a column that made a valid point about what Bravo is doing to reality television. Essentially they are turning these shows into tongue-in-cheek morality object lessons. These shows basically tell us "if you wanna be a glamorous, respectable and admired socialite, then this ain't the way to do it."

As for those pathetic wannabes Tareq and Michaele...I hope that they end up on the DC Housewives show. First, it will seal their legal fate for sure. Second, they will be further evidence of that which we are becoming painfully aware: the too-good-to-be-true are indeed that. Third...oh how I long for the days of "Don and Mike" when things like this happen! I can't think of 2 people more deserving of their inane, annoying (but ultimately satifying and entertaining) unceasing hijinks! They would have pestered Tareq and Michaele into submission!

Just as the teabaggers have finally shown us the true nature and identity of the "new" republican party, so has Bravo's housewife series debunked the myth of the do-gooder wealthy socialite. No longer can the vapid, overly-tanned, under-educated, artificially tightened, superfically pedigreed, really-not-all-that-wealthy grace the society pages without us mere mortals wondering from whom they borrowed their clothes, who was stupid enough to give them their money (or, God forbid, do some kind of business with them) and at what age their sense of self-respect and decency officially died.

I remember back in the day when Marlene Cooke was the exception and Katherine Graham was the rule when it came to socialites. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever imagine that quite the opposite was actually true.

Posted by: Richmond_JDL | March 26, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I for one have notified Bravo that I will no longer watch their station, and I will notify the show's sponsor's of my decision.

Posted by: davidlhanegraaf | March 26, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I've never been a fan of Bravo.

Posted by: Its_the_Truth_Anyhow | March 26, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Would some kind soul close to the Salahis suggest to Michaele that she is likely to be photographed in daylight and at close range. The cheap drug store quality make-up
doesn't flatter no matter how much you glop on. Also, take your make-up off at night, don't just ladle more on top the next day. Also, the hair extensions look really bad close up.

In this photo the whole look reads tragic drag queen the morning after.

Posted by: SoCali | March 26, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I call on everyone to boycott Bravo unless they put this couple's earnings (& I suspect several other's) into a victim's fund, set-up to offset all the fraud & chicanery that they are encouraging by legitimizing questionable behavior. I know some people in Colorado & Las Vegas who already deserve to have their bills paid.

Posted by: botanikarl | March 26, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Tarig Salahi is REALLY SHORT, almost DAN SNYDER SHORT. Why is this not surprising?

Posted by: SoCali | March 26, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

More exploitation from Hollywood. Boycott Bravo. Contact their advertisers and let them know you'll be boycotting their products as long as they use Bravo. Allowing these low life MF from Hollywood to give people black eyes has to come with a price. The entire country is aware that these two are nothing more than grifters. But then again does Bravo even produce a single show worth watching???

Posted by: askgees | March 26, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Why aren't these people in jail? We have become a lawless society in rapid decline with no accountability. And it gets worse every day.

Posted by: BigTrees | March 26, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Everyone will tune in because everyone loves a train wreck! Personally, I have never gotten into any reality show accept when I was 17 (MTV real world...when it was real) and as the years passed, i have moved on to a real show (First 48 on A&E... cant get anymore real than that). I will admit to watching the train wreck of the jersey Shore for an episode to see what the hubub was about.... again, everyone loves a good train wreck!

Posted by: rvanags | March 26, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

I for one cant wait --- this is going to be fun to watch!

OC was getting boring.

I loved the premier of NY housewives. DC will obviously be their #1 hit with all these haters. I am ready to see what these DC women will do.

Bravo!

Posted by: rajatuliatuli | March 26, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Bravo hasn't been watch-worthy for 15 years.

Posted by: jckdoors | March 26, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Bravo has once again proven Oscar Wilde correct when he said that a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Posted by: ehsmith1 | March 26, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

I was appalled when I heard about this and am so happy to see that almost everyone agrees with me. Don't get sucked in and watch. Boycott and tell the sponsors of Bravo. Hopefully, these two will eventually go to jail and that is something I will watch. Keep the pressure on the Dept of Justice and/or the Washington DC legal system for that.

Posted by: brock214 | March 27, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Very Excited for the show!

Yeah Bravo!

Posted by: lisag1 | March 27, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Where's Mr. Salahis' fine watch?

Posted by: davemarks | March 29, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Well, I still have my picket signs from the 1960s and Iraq. The sponsors of Bravo who want to award a prize to the people who invaded the Peoples House...who embarassed us and our guests from India. Sponsors...I have the energy and I will join with friends to celebrate the poison products and people who sponsor Bravo. This "housewife," does not live in DC...why start with a lie? Womens work is never done!

Posted by: judithclaire1939 | March 29, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

This is such an abomination..I will no longer watch Bravo tv and any sponsors that endorse these two maggots. For a list of Sponsors to also boycott please visit their sham of a polo organization, "America's Polo" They have CHANEL as one of their sponsors, I doubt Highly Chanel is in fact an actual sponsor. The only way to get rid of this couple is to rid them of any source of income.

Also, "LisaG1" It's not like its not obvious you are Michaele herself, along with your other alias "Susan"...

Posted by: Holly1971 | April 1, 2010 2:08 AM | Report abuse

Boycotting simply isnt enough,I urge everyone who shares my thoughts on these two grifters to contact any network/media/sponsors that choses to involve themselves with them let them know how you feel! Strength in numbers!

Posted by: Holly1971 | April 1, 2010 2:12 AM | Report abuse

Heres the link to their business" http://www.americaspolocup.com/officialpartners.php

Take note of the sponsors and so called "partners"

Posted by: Holly1971 | April 1, 2010 2:21 AM | Report abuse