This just in: Bret Michaels still critical after brain hemorrhage

Bret Michaels at the NBC Winter press tour party in January. (Dan Steinberg/AP)

Bret Michaels remains in critical condition after a brain hemorrhage Thursday night. A message on his Facebook page Sunday said that the rocker, starring on this season's "Celebrity Apprentice," is in an undisclosed hospital while doctors try to determine the source of the bleeding: "As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc. will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal."

By The Reliable Source  |  April 26, 2010; 1:02 AM ET
Categories:  This Just In...
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hey isn't that...?: Rahm Emanuel, Shayne Lamas
Next: Kal Penn isn't the only one: Other celebrity muggings

Comments

Brett, My prayers are with you. May God's holy spirit be upon you, and heal you quickly. I am a type 1 diabetic for 35yrs, on an insulin pump. If you need someone to talk to, I can help.

Posted by: hatrimm | April 25, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Be Strong Bret !! If i KNEW where u were i'd come show u the proof that u can come back ! I have had 2 bleeds (97&00) 2 the brainstem. I had double vision,speech issues,and had 2 learn to walk. (tie a shoe...talk)I over came both bleeds....and i live life to the fullest EVERYDAY !! Dr Slavin @ UIC in Chicago brought me back from a 2% chance of living ! God Bless U.... U brought me thru the 80's !!

Posted by: westown70 | April 25, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if the etc entails paralysis. Get well Bret! I read that he is in a hospital in Arizona, whether this is true or not, I don't know.

Posted by: ladyredskins | April 25, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

This is actually in response to westown70: I just wanted to tell you that your story is so inspiring and amazing! Thank you for sharing! My husbands grandfather died of a brain hemmorage early this year, but you give hope to people in similar situations who have a hard road ahead. God bless you!

Posted by: Rachemjay | April 25, 2010 11:01 PM | Report abuse

Bret,
This is such a serious condition. My prayers are for you and your family. May God shine his rays upon you and your daughter Raine. You can make it through all the trauma. Your daughters need you along with your family and friends. We all love you. Westown70 is a proven miracle all for you,your guardian angel. Love you Bret and God Bless You!!!! xoxoxox

Posted by: lisa76 | April 25, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Here is the thing, I like Bret, and I'm sad that this happened, but I must say, I have read a lot of people saying bad thing about him, as well as Godly stuff. Bret has a lot of work to do to please God. So saying that 'God is with him etc. and all this Godly stuff. Bret is very very sinful and wears clothes and even does hand signs, gestures, that worship the devil. He should have a fan or one of his many sluts pass him a bible in the hospital and have him repent, and ask for forgiveness before all these people believe 'God should help him'. He needs to change his style of living before asking for God's help. And all those dirty fans using the Lords name...they don't even know God themselves. They live dirty. God Bless Bret, yes, but most importantly, I hope Bret finds God NOW.

Posted by: kaylamariesmom | April 25, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Praying for you Bret...you are a huge inspiration to me and many others and I know that you will come out on the other side of this as strong as before.

Posted by: eb_mackechnie720 | April 25, 2010 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Bret,
For a good person like you and the love you share with all. You will SURVIVE...
No doubt in my mind.

Posted by: Jeff1Cat | April 25, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Ive never commented on anything before. I lost my mom a month ago and for some reason have been watching the apprentice ever since. To the person who talked about Bret finding God. My mother was an extremely devout Catholic. One thing we believe is that God will find Bret. No matter what I believe that if you are sincere God will find you...whatever you believe. My God be with you and your family. Being with God has nothing to do with being noisy and preaching...you know what it is...

Posted by: mariettadavis | April 25, 2010 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Kayla Marie, your Mom's a "Godly" nutcase! God bless Brett Michaels!! To "kaylamariesmom" it's so cool that you know God better than all the rest of us, tell him hi for me hahAaa

Posted by: KatieCarroll | April 25, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Kaylamariesmom, what a terrible thing to say to or about a man that is so seriously sick. Don't you realize that his children are reading these posts as well?!?! And don't you think that your statement should also be biblically sound? I am so glad that the Lord says to come as you are, if we all had to clean up our act before turning to God, then no one would be worthy enough to turn to Him even you!!!!! Brett, I don't know if you know God as your salvation or not but it is never too late. I will pray for you, your family and for kaylamariesmom.

Posted by: TexasWoman | April 25, 2010 11:56 PM | Report abuse

This is for Kaylamarie. Who the hell are you to judge him. Im sure you have sinned many times in your life. And jusgt because he had a wild past, maybe if you did 1 smidgen of charity work he has done, you would be closer to god. Sounds like YOU are closer to the devil than he is. He has utilized his star power to bring awareness to Diabetes and has done more for them than you could ever do in 10 lifetimes. So before you judge his past, take a look at your own and see how much sin you have lived. YOU are the dirty one. Just because he doesnt live the way YOU want him to live, doesnt mean he is a bad person. And I dont know where you get that he made devil signs and wheres clothes of the devil. Are you stupid??? Have you worn a dress in your life? Devils clothes. A hat? Devils clothes. Shoes? Devils clothes. Does this sound ridiculous?? So do you. Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of and keep thinking your a poster child of Gods children.

Posted by: lukgd4 | April 26, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Bret, I am praying for your 100% recovery and a quick return to your family. You have a unique and loving spirit for everything you do. God and his angels are with you.

Posted by: janab1 | April 26, 2010 12:03 AM | Report abuse

Get well Bret! The racechaplain is praying for you bro! I would also like to address the lady who feels that Bret has "work" to do in order to please God? I feel sorry for you and you make Christians look very bad with what you said! God says that if we simply believe in Christ, as our Lord and Savior that we are able to have a relation with the Father. No works can do but simply belief in Jesus as Lord, is justification enough. Ever heard of justification by grace alone? No matter how bad a sinner we are, Jesus paid the price! End of Story! Take a look at the man's hat and you know he is a believer! Sorry everyone, I just had to say this. No one is without sin so let's just keep praying for Bret and let God's will be done. What's a goin on Bro! Fight the fight! The racechaplain is prayin for ya!

Posted by: racechaplain | April 26, 2010 12:07 AM | Report abuse

Hey kaylamariesmom, Give the poor man a break and, perhaps, do what Jesus would do--offer love, healing, and peace--certainly not harsh judgment and condemnation.

Posted by: red45 | April 26, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Touchee for KatieCarroll..she beat me to it...and to Kaylamariesmom...poor kid doesn't have a fighting chance with a mom like that. For as Holy as you claim to be..you sure know how to pass judgement. To criticize someone for the clothes that they wear, calling his female friends "Sluts" and for the gestures they make..well I sure would like to flip u a gesture right about now...Bible Bangers I swear!
To you Bret...never mind the ignorance of such a hypocrite...she needs to take the log out of her eye and then she might see more clearly. You are in my prayers...you are a strong person and nothing holds you back..obviously you have proven that over the years...stay strong my friend...we got your back...and you will pull thru this!...xo

Posted by: natasia5-0 | April 26, 2010 12:15 AM | Report abuse

No one should even bother with Kaylamariesmom. As the "devout Christian" she's trying to make herself out to be, she's forgetting one major point to her religion. Committing ANY of the Seven Deadly Sins will land you in Hell. So, Kaylamariesmom, do you have your ears pierced and wear earrings? Do you dress in your finest clothes for church instead of just covering your body in something that will protect you from the elements? If so, you are guilty of Pride. Do you have large, unnecessary meals at Thanksgiving and Christmas? Do you find that you eat until you can't eat anymore on those occasions? Then you are guilty of Gluttony (Oh, and just because Christmas is a religious holiday, it does not give you a free pass to violate one of the sins). Your post itself makes you guilty of Wrath. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Proverbs 15:1). Looks like you've stirred up a lot of anger here. Perhaps you should step back and look at yourself in the mirror before judging someone else on their sins when you have a load of your own to be repenting for. Hypocrites like you completely validate why I walked away from Christianity completely.

Posted by: Magick1 | April 26, 2010 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Dear Brett and your family,
Our best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery! Health is everything and I am sad to see that you have taken ill. I have been a big fan of yours for years and I was happy to see you on the Apprentice. Thanks for taking time out to help your charity and all of those who will benefit from the good you have done and will continue to do upon your recovery. Clothing does not make a man. For Kaylamarie's sinning Mother: Never judge a book by its cover. Brett is a rock star and dresses like one. When you put your index finger and your middle finger in the air and hold the rest of your fingers down that is called a PEACE sign.
It is people like you that make people like me run from religion and speaking for GOD and what he would approve of is kind of bewildering. I believe that there is a greater power than you and me and that you have to be kind to everyone while you are on this planet because one day your brain may hemorrhage and GOD only knows how you will die! Kharma is something you should always be aware of. If you speak ill of others, you too shall be ill one day and seek love and support not a lecture. I feel so sorry for your daughter because you are exactly the type of person that will poison your poor innocent daughter's mind with your intolerance and judgement. Pray for yourself to whatever GOD you want because you need to look inward and get some THERAPY! If he gets worse, I hope you will be proud of your kind words of inspiration! You really should be ashamed of yourself! Do you think GOD welcomes haters into the pearly gates?

Posted by: ONELOVEONEHEART | April 26, 2010 12:43 AM | Report abuse

Bret you are going to make it through this one.I will say a prayer to the heavens everyday for you.Please stay focused and ignore all the loonies who want to judge you and why this happened my Lord who are they?Please this is no time people to make these judgements and made on line? seriously, get with the program and get out of st Peter's job yu are not at the gates,just wish him well and if he finds God or not is not yur business man are yu kidding me or what .yu find God your not wishing him well -yu say it after a back handed slap.i won't mention the name UNLESS yu respond to my message and i have one writer in mind. Bret yu rock everybody loves yu and in the REAL world your clothes are rock in roll and thats it.Bret these negative comments are bored people lost=i write this bec. i was hurt for yu when i read some of the dumb blabla from some of these bored peeps.rock on man the fabbbbulioussss people do not judge yu esp. not when one of our best men are down-yu have your fans love to love yu back from our souls we do.may the Lord grace you beautiful boy.xoxo

Posted by: nicoletta1 | April 26, 2010 1:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nicoletta1 | April 26, 2010 1:21 AM | Report abuse

Bret and family, I believe everything happens for a reason. God doesnt make misakes. You may not understand at this moment, but good will come of this. I pray for your recovery. I believe God will bring you through this terrible time and make you and your family stronger for it. It will give you another purpose to use your fame and talent to help others. I too, do not believe in any one religion, I believe in a higher power that has a plan and purpose for every living thing. God has blessed you with talent and determination. You still have purpose on this earth and you will recover to fulfill your reason for existence. God bless you. I will be checking in for good news.

Posted by: lorieann1955 | April 26, 2010 1:24 AM | Report abuse

this one goes out too kaylamariesmom: before you go judging just know that nobody judges but the judge and also know you are a complete hypocrite...god fearing/religious types do not use words like sluts etc etc. Get off your pedestal...your not perfect either and know this...your going to h3ll for your sins because only one can save and all you speak of is GOD....so I say again go fook yourself you self absorbed biotch!

Posted by: jmilbrath | April 26, 2010 1:25 AM | Report abuse

The right foods are the best solution for you to manage blood sugar use this free meal planner http://bit.ly/9Rgkqn

Posted by: kalinaheidi | April 26, 2010 2:28 AM | Report abuse

Bret,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know that you will be okay. Things will get better and you will be as good as new. You are a strong person and we all know that you can get through this. You have fans that are behind you 100%. We are waiting for good new and holding candle light vigil's for you. One day soon you will be able to ROCK ON!!! We can not wait until that day. We your fans love you and are with you. Get well and take care of yourself. We your fans love you very much. I know I do I have been a fan of yours since well I will not post a year, let's just say I listen to you in high school and I still do. I even have my kids listening to you!!!! Blessing be with you!!! We all care about you and we all adore you and we of all things love you dearly!!!!

Posted by: alabamabelle | April 26, 2010 2:40 AM | Report abuse

Wow.......after reading that post from the religious freak, I'm more confident than ever in my decision to be an athiest! I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would allow a looney-tune like you in it.And I can't speak intelligently for Mr. Michaels, but I'm pretty certain he can live without your holier-than-thou, mumbo-jumbo crapolla!

Still, I have to admit, it was definitely entertaining. I hope Bret gets to read it during his recovery; he could probably use a good laugh right now.

I particularily liked this sentence: "Bret is very very sinful and wears clothes and even does hand signs, gestures, that worship the devil." Personally speaking, I'm a big fan of sin, and I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for these notorious devil worshipping gestures you mentioned.

But you'll have to explain the middle part of that sentence to me....cuz either you need to brush up on your grammar lessons, or you're upset that Mr. Michaels wears clothes? Would you prefer he perform naked? I know I would, but I didn't think a saintly woman like yourself, (and I use that term loosely) would feel the same?

I honestly don't know who to feel more sorry for: you, Kayla Marie, or the millions of true Christians out there whose heads are probably spinning around like an out-take from The Exorcist right about now.

Posted by: sparrow_in_the_rain | April 26, 2010 3:24 AM | Report abuse

Bret, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Rock on. \m/

Posted by: LBh0mestyle | April 26, 2010 3:42 AM | Report abuse

Kayla Marie, please tell your heathen mom that God is not pleased that she uses His name to spew ignorant, incorrect (translation: stupid) vitriol at someone she doesn't know especially when he's near-death. If your mom truly knew the Word of God, she'd recall that He alone may judge.
PS - And tell her I just spoke to Jesus and boy is he pi$$ed off at her.

Posted by: laheron | April 26, 2010 5:17 AM | Report abuse

Dear kaylamariesmom,
You should be ashamed of yourself for judging someone you have never met. It's not your place to judge anyone. I have had the pleasure of meeting Bret and hanging out with him on a couple of occasions. You have no idea what a gentleman he is, how sincere and personable he is, and how much he loves his kids. He may have a colorful past but you really need to remember that a lot of what we see in the media and on tv is either untrue, exaggerated, or pre-planned/scripted. Only Bret knows what is true and, despite what the media produces in the name of entertainment, he has held himself together pretty well as a down to earth human being and a successful entertainer. I've been debating whether or not to start going to church but listening to your judmental righteous ranting makes me want to stay away in fear of being bombarded by people like you, though I know they are few and far between. So, I think I'll choose the high road, not pre-judge, and find a good church full of true, good, and caring God praising people.

Posted by: Richellerisdon | April 26, 2010 6:12 AM | Report abuse

Dear kaylamariesmom,
You should be ashamed of yourself for judging someone you have never met. It's not your place to judge anyone. I have had the pleasure of meeting Bret and hanging out with him on a couple of occasions. You have no idea what a gentleman he is, how sincere and personable he is, and how much he loves his kids. He may have a colorful past but you really need to remember that a lot of what we see in the media and on tv is either untrue, exaggerated, or pre-planned/scripted. Only Bret knows what is true and, despite what the media produces in the name of entertainment, he has held himself together pretty well as a down to earth human being and a successful entertainer. I've been debating whether or not to start going to church but listening to your judmental righteous ranting makes me want to stay away in fear of being bombarded by people like you, though I know they are few and far between. There is nothing worse than someone who uses religion but lives hypocracy. I'm going to choose not to judge church going people based on crazies like you and have no doubt I'll meet many GOOD people who live their lives in a better manner than you obviously choose to. Bret is a good man. Bret, I hope you find the strength to get through this. I'll be praying for you and hope to chat with you again next time you are in WA.

Posted by: Richellerisdon | April 26, 2010 6:26 AM | Report abuse

I HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL, THAT YOU GET SO MUCH BETTER. I LOVE YOUR MUSIC, AND YOU HAVE AN AWESOME VOICE. I JUST WISH WE COULD SEE ONE OF YOUR CONCERTS IN PERSON. AND FOR KAYLAMARIESMOM: WHO R U TO JUDGE WHEN ITS THE LORD'S JOB TO DO IT. THE LORD GAVE BRET HIS VOICE TO SING, ITS NONE OF UR BUSINESS WHAT BRET DOES, ITS BRET'S THING. HE HAS THE MOTOVATION TO DO AS HIS HEART TELLS HIM. GOD BLESS YOU, BRET. I HOPE U HAVE A FULL RECOVERY VERY SOON. AND I HOPE THAT GOD GIVES YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE GUIDANCE ALL OF YOU WILL NEED. I SUFFERED FROM CANCER, AND I KNOW HOW SCARY IT IS TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL. NOW I AM CANCER-FREE, THANK GOD.

Posted by: Cherokee316 | April 26, 2010 7:17 AM | Report abuse

I don't understand why the doctors can't find the source of bleeding??? There are all kinds of diagnostic tests to figure that out! How many days have they been twiddling their thumbs??? If they don't stop the bleeding.....now!!!...poor Brett doesn't have much chance!

Posted by: donna_lin | April 26, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

My families thoughts and prayers are with you Bret and your family I have been so moved by your fight to help raise money for your charity and I know that God is with you and your family in this time of need. I also have to say to kalymariesmom that I feel sorry for you as you must not know God or his son jesus Christ cuz if you did you would know that jesus did for OUR sins .as there is not one of us that are not sinners and I would pray that if you were ever in a life threatning situation like Bret that you would not have people judging you!!! THe way you have no prob. judging others. And that YOU may find GOD and repentince for your sins because you abviously don't know the Father I know or his son Jesus Christ that loves us unconditinlly. I at first wasn't going to even remark on your outragios comment . but after praying about it God showed me that you are one of his children as well no matter how misguided you are and that I am to pray for you as well as Brett and his family that you can come to know him the way I do always loving and always forgiving .So I choose to forgive you for what you said because I believe you know not what you do !!!! Again to Brett and his family and friends our prayers are with you.Anmd I wanted to tell you Brett you have inspired me to raise even more money for My own charities as we should not be complaciant when there is so much more in this world that needs our support!!! And always more that we can do to raise more money for the needy !You have taught me to be more creative and I will never forget the "The tour bus thrust " lol thank you and god be with you not just now but forever !!!! When you feel better please come to Martha's Candies in Glendora,Ca. and I will treat you and your family to some Ice Cream (well for you Sugar Free Chocolate!!! sincerely Pamela Ganas and all the family from Martha's p.s. we are starting a fund to raise money for Diabetes

Posted by: pamelaganas | April 26, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

To Magick1 -- Brilliant! I loved your response as I did of everyone who had well wishes and smart retorts for silly kalamom. Brett's charactoer shows him being kind and sweet. He seems like he'd be a great loyal friend that I wish I had. I pray for him as well.
@ Magick1 don't let bad apples turn you away from something you feel is good for you be it religion, career, life choice, family values and so on. Don't give so much power to the miserable and misguided. You will encounter idiots like kalamom in every part of life.

Posted by: fayday | April 26, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

To Fayday -- Thank you! For her to say such horribly hateful things about someone who is so desperately fighting for his life is awful! The woman really needs to educate herself on her religion. I'm not even Christian and I know more about it than she does! Lol! We are all here for Bret. If she feels so strongly about his wrongdoings, then perhaps she should be at her church praying for his soul (and hers at the same time) instead of on here upsetting people who are truly worried about whether or not he's going to pull through this.

And as for not letting bad apples turn me away from anything, I don't. If we did that, we'd never accomplish anything in life, would we, since those bad apples seem to be everywhere. Lol! I just chose a different religion. :^)

So, Bret, from those of us who are sane, please pull through this! We aren't ready to lose you yet! xoxo

Posted by: Magick1 | April 26, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

To kaylamariesmom...Shame on you. Lest ye are without sin...cast the first stone. I hope Kaylamarie doesn't have to pay for your words...GOD loves everyone...Sinner and Saint. Shame, Shame on you.

Posted by: mscharleston | April 27, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

My Prayers are with you and your family, Brett. I know that you will come thru this with flying colors...GOD BLESS YOU and YOURS.

Posted by: mscharleston | April 27, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse