Redskins new QB Donovan McNabb buys $2.1 million house in Great Falls, ready to play basketball with the president

Settling in: McNabb at the April press conference announcing him as the new Redskins QB. (John McDonnell/The Washington Post)

Now it's official: After living in temporary housing for a month, Donovan McNabb moved to Washington over the weekend.

McNabb listed his house near Philly last month, and everyone has been speculating where the new Redskins quarterback might settle here. We've learned that two moving vans with the Eagles logo and "Mover of Philadelphia Eagles" unloaded Saturday at a $2.1 million house (5 bedrooms, 7 baths) in Great Falls, a favorite neighborhood of Redskins players.

"I've always been active in the community wherever I've lived, and I'm looking forward to continuing that tradition in the D.C. area," McNabb said. "Buying a house and putting down roots is my first step toward doing all that, and I'm excited about what I've seen of my new neighborhood so far."

He's already practicing with the team; his family (wife Raquel and their children -- two girls and two boys) are living in their offseason house in Arizona but will settle in by the time football season starts, according to his rep. Now the race is on for Washington to get a piece of the NFL star -- and vice versa.

"Donovan is absolutely a target," Robert Bassam of Eastern Motors told our colleague Dan Steinberg. "He's been driving one of our cars from Day One, but he's not absolutely signed yet."

Well, he's a busy guy. McNabb showed up at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner, where he nabbed Justin Bieber's autograph and a photo to impress his 5-year-old daughter. He invited a number of Redskins to join his annual football clinic for children next month. He wants to work with Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign.

But there's one thing the former college hoops player really craves: "Being here in D.C., there's only one thing I want to start by doing: Get an invite to play basketball with Obama and all of his buddies," McNabb said in a taped interview last month.

VIP Welcome Wagon, Mr. President?

By The Reliable Source  |  May 26, 2010; 1:05 AM ET
Categories:  Surreal Estate
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: This just in: Sarah Palin gets a new neighbor; David Byrne sues Charlie Crist
Next: Quoted: Bristol Palin on Levi Johnston in Harper's Bazaar

Comments

Donovan is already paying dividends for the Skins. Lets get 10 wins this year!

Posted by: habibhaddad | May 25, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

I hope all this BS translates to wins on the field come Sept. That's all I'm concerned with. You can take all the hoopla and shove it in someone elses corn hole.

Posted by: tmi1 | May 26, 2010 8:03 AM | Report abuse

please explain what a corn hole is ?

Posted by: terryreece | May 26, 2010 8:50 AM | Report abuse

TMI1-SHUT-UP ALREADY. SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED AND YOU ARE TALKIN BS.

Posted by: jworthington | May 26, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Eastern Motors is shadier than the base of an oak at high noon. Donovan would be smart to steer clear of that operation.

Posted by: terpfan2000 | May 26, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Wow, McNabb, Obummer, and the Deadskins-THREE losers! We in Philly didnt want his washed-up self, DC cant win to save their "skins", and no need to pontificate on Obama and "all his buddies" Good riddence to bad rubbish!

Posted by: brutony | May 26, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

So McNaab wants to play B-ball with Zippy and his yuppie white hacks. Isn't that special. I can't wait for the wheels to fall off this ill advised trade. I expect it will star opening night.

Posted by: theBozyn | May 26, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Great job on the basketball reference. Few people remember he was on the Syracuse hoops team while he was in college.

Posted by: Twitch703 | May 26, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

@brutony, yeah, McNabb is a real loser, and so is Obama. One is the president and the other is a HoF bound pro athlete who gave more to that lousy city Philly than anyone since Ben Franklin.
Why don't you get set to go puke on children like the other classy winners in Philly do.
Winning teams or not, Philly might be the worst town in America, and if it's not, you owe Detroit a big Thank You.

Posted by: sonnykatz | May 26, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I just have a bad vision of Mcnabs season being over when we open up with Dallas.

Posted by: thomasuras | May 26, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: thomasuras | May 26, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

I've got mad love for our president, McNabb, and Eastern Motors. Looking forward to a killa season

Posted by: DCnative25 | May 27, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse