Salahis find nightclub harder to get into than White House

The Salahis pose with clubgoers at Eden (Courtesy to The Washington Post)

One other place with tighter security than the White House: Eden, a new downtown club that proved no easy velvet rope for Tareq and Michaele Salahi.

The state dinner gate-crashers/reality TV stars-to-be swept up to the I Street nightspot (three blocks from the White House!) very late Wednesday with a limo and a posse of four or five -- drawn, it seems, by word of Eden's exclusive party for the Backstreet Boys after their Wolf Trap show. (No, you can't make this stuff up.) The duo, still under investigation for the November state dinner incident and their charity fundraising practices, had a standoff at the door when they sought a VIP waiver from the $20 cover charge. A phone call later and they did get in, gratis -- but, a witness said, had no luck with inning passage into the private room with the BSBs.

By The Reliable Source  |  June 11, 2010; 1:03 AM ET
Categories:  Real Housewives of D.C.
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Quoted: Jay Z on rapping your age
Next: D.C. chefs pitch Strasburg-themed burgers as pscyhoanalytic group studies the man

Comments

There is a Facebook page: Tell the White House Party Crashers to go Away. Join the page to keep up on the latest party crashing, lawsuits, or just to tell them what you think of them.

Posted by: seraphina2 | June 11, 2010 3:05 AM | Report abuse

They were nice and took picture's with many. That was the owner's girlfriend pictured in this picture. She got the picture we tried but it was too busy.

We were all in the party room and they left before the BSB. The Salahi's were checking it out for a party they host tonight there.

Maybe the post should hire me to get it right. Lisa

Posted by: lisag1 | June 11, 2010 5:32 AM | Report abuse

Where the hell is the Washington Post getting its information???

Is there a such thing of FACT CHECKING anymore?

I was with the Salahis that night for entire evening.

We started the evening taping an interview for Asia TV on the America's Polo Cup. We then proceeded on with our America's Polo Cup Happy House at Science Club, which had been scheduled for several days.

Both the Salahis and I are personal friends of both Kelly Ann Collins and Alicia Lewis (Power Player Club). That night was more about celebrating Kelly's birthday with her and less about the BSBs.

We were invited by Kelly personally and because we were not to far from the location, we went.

Also, if the the writer would have done a little more "investigating" they would have found out the Eden is hosting the America's Polo Cup VIP after party tonight (Friday). Another reason we decided to go was to check the venue out before Friday.

There was NO ISSUE with the door/entrance/security what so ever. I personally knew the general manager and head security staff of the old Eyebar (now Eden)and while the management has change, it's seems that the security did not. As soon as we got out of the limo and walked toward to velvet roped we were greeted and welcomed in. We were escorted up to the roof top and over to the side of the bar.

The GM or owner (not sure which one) came over to meet us and asked if we needed anything. Tareq and Michaele took several photos with party goers (one pictured above) and we danced the night away.

There was never any issue with security. The Salahis had NO interest in gaining entrance in to the BSBs private room, although if they wanted to, the GM would have surely made it happen.

The night was about enjoying DC's Nightlife with friends...That's All!!!

If these are the kinds of stories the Washington Post is going to continue to write every time the Salahis step foot out side of their house, then you guys are going to be very busy in coming months.

Howard N. Cromwell, Jr.
President & CEO
DRAWOH LLEWMORC Omnimedia
A group of media and entertainment companies

Posted by: dcsmostfabulous | June 11, 2010 7:01 AM | Report abuse

Boy, I sure wouldn't be bragging about hanging out with these charlatans.

Posted by: surlychick | June 11, 2010 7:19 AM | Report abuse

surlychick

I can guarentee you look like your blog name.

jealousy..............

Posted by: lisag1 | June 11, 2010 7:23 AM | Report abuse

Howard N. Cromwell, Jr. (dcsmostfabulous) wrote:
I was with the Salahis that night for entire evening.

Fella, I wouldn't brag about that if I were you!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 11, 2010 8:31 AM | Report abuse

surlychick

I can guarentee you look like your blog name.

jealousy..............

Posted by: lisag1 | June 11, 2010 7:23 AM | Report abuse

____________________________

Michaele - is that you?

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | June 11, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

The Salahis prove once again via Mr. Cromwell that a person is known by the company they keep, and that bad company corrupts good morals.

Posted by: ehsmith1 | June 11, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Oh look its Michelle's jealous hater teenage friend again. Yes, we're all jealous that they apparently don't even have $20 to get into a nightclub.

Aren't they a little old for nightclubs anyway? I know she's way too old to be wearing some of those outfits she parades around in.

By the way, I'm pretty attractive before you go insulting my appearance too.

Posted by: jennifers1 | June 11, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Well, a couple of observations:

1. I looked up Mr. Cromwell a/k/a "DC's Mr. Fabulous". [I'm not making that up.] As others have mentioned here, you are known by the company you keep. Seems like quite a fall from days gone by when the Salahis were manuevering for photo ops with Prince Charles on the polo field.

2. I find it curious at best, and disguisting at worst, that these people are still riding around in a limousine and partying without an apparent care in the world while their multiple creditors remain unpaid. There is something very wrong with that picture.

My opinions.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | June 11, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Lisag1 is Michaele, her consistent mis-use of apostrophes gives her away. And in the last few days she has started using this "jealousy..." think in all her comments on Salahi-related news items.

Michaele, sweetheart, you must go re-do fifth grade English to learn proper punctuation. Clue: not everything that ends in "S" needs an apostrophe.

Posted by: growler55 | June 11, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

growler55:

You are correct.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | June 11, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

After having checked things out myself, all I can say is: What a piece of work. With "friends" like Mr. Cromwell, who needs enemies?

Posted by: ehsmith1 | June 11, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

My, what a piece of work Mr. Cromwell is having checked things out myself. With "friends" (read: enablers) like this, who needs enemies?

Posted by: ehsmith1 | June 11, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I really need to stop, but I can't help myself. I looked up Mr. Cromwell too. The only mention of him on the Internet is links to his self-promoting website. I have more Google hits than he does. He does appear to be though the only supposed "sponsor/partner" of our friend's little polo event that actually acknowledges their existence. It's Friday, I'm eating my lunch and a little bored - I looked at the websites of the claimed so-called sponsors, and the only other one that has any type of promotional information is something called Luxury Dossier. They need to remove the LandRover from the logo they have. Daum has a whole bunch of events listed that they support and this is not one of them. My guess is they tried to get back their trophy and failed. Also a little puzzling, the DC party promoters who they have listed as co-sponsoring several of the weekends "events" (Gliterazzi/Power Players Club?) don't even have anything listed on their websites either. That Eden nightclub mentioned above certainly isn't publicizing any America's Polo Cup party.

I can't wait to see the flyovers from my rooftop deck. In restricted air space, right in the flight path of National Airport, now that should be DC Fabulous.

Posted by: jennifers1 | June 11, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

My computer did funny things again & doubleposted. Again, my apologies.

Posted by: ehsmith1 | June 11, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

We LOVE Reliable Source, Roxanne & Amy, so shut up losers and go away.

Posted by: Oxygen1 | June 11, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

lisag1 is definitely Michaele -- she doesn't know how to properly use apostrophes.

But how cute that she thinks the Post should be hiring her when she doesn't know proper grammar! Aww.

And "DRAWOH LLEWMORC Omnimedia" has all of five Google hits -- and one is Facebook, one is Meetup and one is this posting. Wow.

Posted by: caridee1 | June 11, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Just an opinion here, I don't personally know them, but the Salahis just seem like they're just out to have a good time! What's wrong with that? The only thing I think they should do is pay off the people to whom they owe money, and try to live within their means. I think they'd be much happier if they did that. They don't have to give up the social scene if they try to live within their financial means, right? I know I'm probably going to annoy some people here, but they seem pretty pleasant, after going through the VERY embarrassing White House incident, to still smile in photographs with people who ask. I think that says something about their positive attitude.
If you're wondering who I am, I'm just a Post reader who has had a tough month financially. My boss told me I'm probably going to be laid off. I am practicing positive thinking and actions to counter the fact that I'm losing my job sometime soon.

Posted by: siamesechin | June 11, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

Oh, man. Salahis & a posse at Wolf Trap. I wonder if they're still throwing themselves around there like big shots, though they're no longer on the board.

I've heard they drove everyone insane (and quiet fellow board members to drink!) while swanning around & grabbing at perks. Also heard that catering staff cheered loudly when told the contract with Salahi winery hadn't been renewed.

Posted by: dadada | June 12, 2010 6:15 AM | Report abuse

You know that your supposed cachet has dropped precipitously when you try to crash an after-party with the Backstreet Boys.

To borrow from Carly Fiorina, Tareq and Michaele/Michelle/Missy are so yesterday.

Bravo to the staff at Wolf Trap for not renewing their contract with Boone's Farm - er, the Salahis.

Posted by: ehsmith1 | June 12, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Howard N. Cromwell, Jr. is my new hero. I spent a very guilty hour on his website/blog. He has one hilarious lengthy post where he complains that a club charged him $15 to get in, which is an outrage given his status. Hilarious! I think we have found someone even more self-deluded that Tareq Salahi about his station in life.

Posted by: growler55 | June 14, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Howard N. Cromwell according to his website is nothing more than a wannabe. I could easily stereotype his profession, but then that sod will cry defamation and try to earn some easy money. He seems as big a loser as the Salahis.

Posted by: krishnamurthy72 | June 14, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

The Salahis committed TREASON for their own self aggrandizement.

Bravo is promoting their and profiting from them based on their act of treason.

The Washington Post is promoting them and profiing from their act of TREASON!

Posted by: aahpat | June 15, 2010 6:54 AM | Report abuse

I find it hysterical Michaele and Tareq are always so obvious with their comments, all the online personas spew out the very same thing.."Your just Jealous" Um, first off, my kids birthday party had better food, at least we went a little more upscale than Popeye's Chicken - God, I couldn't stop laughing - what shmucks paid 95 bucks to attend that event deserves to get food poisoning LOL..

Makes me wonder if all the vendors this year were actually paid. I'm guessing due to the "success" of last weekends Polo event, they will now proceed with next years event. Americas Polo sponsored and catered by 7-11..guests of this prestigious event will feast on Le Hot Pockets, Spicy Big bite, after dining on such exquisite culinary delights, they will have a choice of 6 different Slurpee flavors.

Their infamous sock puppet "David Mortz" even made an appearance on Michaele's facebook page, threatening posters, stating authorities are monitoring the comments and posters will be prosecuted LOL

Posted by: Holly1971 | June 16, 2010 7:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Holly1971 | June 16, 2010 7:37 AM | Report abuse

The fact that any person brags about being associated with this couple is down right hilarious. This Cromwell clown is equally pathetic..this is like Ted Bundy vouching for Jeffrey Dahmer "Oh yeah, that Jeff hes a Great guy" Please, Get real.

Posted by: Holly1971 | June 16, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse