Levi Johnston's year in video: Much to work out with his future mother-in-law

Who saw that coming? Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are engaged again, US Weekly reported Wednesday morning. After a year of bad-will -- custody fights, child support battles, a Playgirl spread -- the couple's reconciliation seemed like a bit of a long shot.

But getting back on good footing with Bristol was probably a cakewalk compared to the fence-mending Johnston will have to do with his mother-in-law. Over the past several months, television interviews have documented the gradual erosion of good will between the Johnston and Sarah Palin. "I think we can work this out," Johnston told Larry King last April. By the time he appeared on CBS "The Early Show" six months later, that was no longer the case. Maybe it had something to do with Johnston telling Vanity Fair that Palin referred to her disabled infant son as "my retarded baby." Or the time he told "Insider" that she was a money-grubber. Relive the whole saga below...

See previously: Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston engaged, again -- crazy, yes, but here's why it just might work!

By The Reliable Source  |  July 14, 2010; 12:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston engaged, again -- crazy, yes, but here's why it just might work!
Next: This just in...: Obama not attending Chelsea's wedding

Comments

I hope they support health care reform - having these two as parents might just qualify as a Pre-existing condition.

Posted by: saymyname | July 14, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Johnston trashed the Palin family once he realized Sarah wasn't going to be v.p., and now that she is making millions off of the fools who think she has something to say he's jumping back on her bandwagon because that's where the money is.

Personally the I have no use for Sarah Palin, her daughter or his loser of an ex-boyfriend and now future husband.

sick, sick, sick....

Posted by: abbydelabbey | July 14, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I love that you cannot control a teenager even if you are a big shot.

Mom left Bristol alone in Alaska to figure out a life for herself as a single mom and of course Bristol takes the creep back! The reality of being a kid on your own raising a baby is going to make having the creep back in your life look good. "He's a really good guy Mom. I can see it. No one else sees him the way I do."

Posted by: margaretmeyers | July 14, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

The caboose on the money train is going by, better jump on before the lantern fades in the distance. King of Meadow Lakes!

Posted by: sparkplug1 | July 14, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

I smell the spectre of Domestic Violence in the harsh, frozen North with this pairing.

Who will sue first, is the only wildcard in my mind.

Will the hunter become the hunted?

Posted by: pgibson1 | July 14, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Oh, I bet they make up. It gets cold and lonely in the Arctic.

Posted by: ObamasGulfResponseIsMuchWorseThanKatrina | July 14, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse