Saying goodbye: D.C. "Housewives" recap (Reunion, pt. 1, Oct. 14, )

Here's my recap: Ladies shouted at each other.

Oh, OKAYYYYY. But let's get this over with quickly. (No fancy Bravo sleight-of-hand to fact-check here. I'm only doing this to give you a place to comment, so feel free to jump to the end.)

Mary and Lynda are Republicans, but Lynda voted for Obama. Michaele and Stacie are Democrats. Cat is not a U.S. citizen.

Michaele says she was off steroids during taping last year; that's why she looked thin. Lynda says she doesn't think Michaele has MS. Mary suggests Michaele has her doctors come out and confirm it. Then it's all "you're angry that I'm sick!" and "you need a therapist!" Caught in the crossfire he's gleefully triggered, host Andy Cohen mugs for the camera. No one covers themselves with glory here.

Cat explains that "bollocks" -- her word for Tareq -- is British for testicles, and she can't believe Bravo didn't bleep it. She's not divorced yet, but "looking forward to being." She says the show didn't lead to her split from Charles, but Mary thinks it was a catalyst.

Lynda says she's 53, and that Ebong is 35. Mary says she was drunk when she called for integrated salons. Stacie found her birth father and now all her Nigerian siblings want her and Jason to come get remarried in a tribal dowry ceremony. What's up with that Erika? "She's unstable!" No she's not, yes she is, no she's not, yes she is. Lynda continues to call Michaele "Michaela."

Words, words, words: Let's look at their hair. Mary and Michaele seem to be having humidity issues. Cat looks good -- has she gained some weight? Bronze-colored dress - I don't know why they make everyone sit around in cocktail dresses, but it's a good shade for her.

Michaele says that Cat made her cry when she "said I was full of sugar" (a euphemism for one of Cat's many, many bleeped words). Says Cat is mean, mean, mean, no love in her heart. And then, just when Michaele seems on the verge of winning a sympathy point from America, she tells Cat, "if you find love within you, your husband will come back." And then, "at least I'm married, and I have someone that loves me."

Mary likes to drink wine, but no, she's not on Xanax. Lynda is, though, says Lynda. That and the scotch help take the edge off the Concerta she's taking for ADHD. But she doesn't smoke pot anymore. Not that you asked. No one else volunteers their drug use.

Mary calls Michaele "an anomaly in my life, a one-off." Also, a social climber.

Hey, Michaele, were you really a Redskins cheerleader? She tells another confusing story about being asked to join the alumni squad, before unexpectedly conceding: No she was not. But she said she was, "because that's what I'd been told to say by the alumni." Groans all around. "It's a circle!" says Andy Cohen. (I thought about turning this revelation into a headline, but come on -- "Michaele Salahi says she wasn't a Redskins cheerleader." I mean, we knew that. Let's move on.)

Does Michaele ever go anywhere without her husband? For some reason this question makes Michaele start to cry. Andy says he's bringing Tareq out to join everyone on the couches, and the other women freak out - they won't let Tareq come out without THEIR men, because Tareq violates "the man rules" (i.e., throwing wine at Lynda, slandering Mary's daughter) when the other guys aren't around. "He's not coming out without Ebong sitting next to me!" says Lynda.

Coming up next week: Ladies will shout at each other.

Earlier: An archive of our fact-checking recaps of "The Real Housewives of D.C."

By The Reliable Source  | October 14, 2010; 10:52 PM ET
Categories:  Housewives recaps, Real Housewives of D.C.
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Read this: Martin O'Malley and Bob Ehrlich's mutual loathing society
Next: This Just in...: Michael's brother Randy Jackson unhappy about Oprah interview

Comments

> "She's unstable!" No she's not, yes she is, no she's not, yes she is.

Yes, that captured it!

I have a few things to add before re-attempting to go to sleep:

1. Lynda re-won my heart (after losing it for a little while last week). She is just too funny!

2. After reading a few of Mary's blog posts at Bravo, I take back what I said last week -- not that I said anything bad really, but she's grown on me.

3. I like Stacie, I like Cat. I like "bollocks."

4. Michaele's first attempt to cry was much less successful than others I've seen. Normally she's a pro.

5. They set up the cliffhanger especially well, I thought. Just ten minutes in I asked my sweetie how she thought they'd end the first installment so that anyone would bother coming back next week. Mission accomplished. And bravo to my girl Lynda for leading that charge!

Thanks, Amy, for giving us this space to comment!

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 12:51 AM | Report abuse

I've come to understand everyone, as they are presented mind you, except Michaele. She lives in a bubble that allows her to use a magic wand to make her world all positive and cutesy, void of negative views, opinions, or realities. She reminds me of my daughter @ age 2 or 4, when we all purposely provided fun and happy endings for everything - a fantastic voyage that provided comfort, amazement and confidence for the youngster that she was. And then she grew up and we tried to help her cope with realities. That's a pretty usual progression, but one that Michaele hasn't recognized and accepted. And so, she has become a chronic liar, creator of a false existence that she struggles to uphold. Everyone else has revealed their strengths, weaknesses and abilities to grow. Michaele is stuck on all that is superficial, self-indulgent and make-believe. It's really rather sad - Alice in Wonderland comes to mind.
PS: I was an NFL cheerleader, and after the Dallsa Cheerleaders created such a stir, all NFL cheerleader sponsors and publicists were sure to keep records, and promote themselves through pictures, posters, appearances and other photo-ops. She lied.

Posted by: jajohnson19 | October 15, 2010 2:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jajohnson19 | October 15, 2010 2:34 AM | Report abuse

WTF is this?

Posted by: madstamina | October 15, 2010 3:35 AM | Report abuse

I don't know any cheerleaders with MS....

Posted by: dori1 | October 15, 2010 4:30 AM | Report abuse

These women seem to drink a lot. I don't think there is a scene where they don't have a glass of wine in their hand. I hope none of them have a problem.

Please spell check your article before posting.

Posted by: RafikiRuby | October 15, 2010 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I have MS. The first kind, RRMS. While diet and exercise might be important, they are not cures. I can no longer run or do half the strenuous activities I once did.
I seriously doubt she has it and I pray she doesn't, but she needs to come clean.

Posted by: taocpa | October 15, 2010 7:59 AM | Report abuse

Great post, jajohnson19!

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Without the Salahis, this show would have been a complete flop. The naughty behavior of the Salahis kept people tuned in to watch the next car wreck. The other women are absolutely boring. Their lives are pitiful. Boring and pitiful.

Posted by: AnnsThought | October 15, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

You should have called this a "recrap" instead of a recap. Who actually cares about these women and the show. This is not the real DC. AnnsThought is right: its just pitiful. How do people get sucked into watching this?

Posted by: pricehill1984 | October 15, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

High praise to the ladies for NOT allowing Tareq to join Michael and others on stage, unless the entire group would be joined by their husbands/significant other.

I have found the RHDC very interesting - the personalities of each of them is hard to grasp with the possible exception of Stacie. To my way of thinking, both Michael and Tareq need (and should seek) professional help. Also, no question about who 'loves the TV cameras' - I think Tareq is viewed in every show. Cat, although a little difficult to clearly understand her words, she has her honest opinions (good ones at that) and is not afraid to express them freely. Only at the Stacie "family dinner" did I suspect Cat had a racial bias, but I have moved far away from that suspicion. Good luck to all of them in their future endeavors.

Posted by: rbsher | October 15, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

> Without the Salahis, this show would have been a complete flop. [snip] The other women are absolutely boring. Their lives are pitiful. Boring and pitiful.

Boring and pitiful stuff like raising kids and working for a living?

Boring for others to watch is not the same as pitful.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Zzzzzzzzzz ...

Posted by: motogp46 | October 15, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

You tell the world that you have MS and no one believes you because you have a really hard time telling the truth about much of anything. Why wouldn’t a reasonable person release a doctor’s report, have the doctor give an interview or something. Not just the same old lie and no proof. Missy: Being a chronic liar means you have to go the extra mile when you want people to believe you.
I was struck by Missy trying to get the tears to flow. It was an eye-opening moment. I can just see her squeezing out the tears to the police while accusing her long-suffering mother-in-law of assaulting her.
Pretty low-class, that crack about Mary’s husband; so much for Missy’s inner-love.
The bit about I am/am not a cheerleader? Does this woman ever get confused about which story she is telling?
I love Cat – so refreshing to have someone just tell the truth. Again, Missy, if you don’t like hearing the truth, try changing your act. The other ladies are peaches, too. Stacy, a class act with no doubt.
All this is our opinion -- and in signing off I will add -- "Crashers."

Posted by: SidelinesObservant | October 15, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Well, Michaele couldn't prove exactly when she was a cheerleader. She couldn't produce the invitation to the White House dinner. Now she can't produce a medical statement attesting to her illness. See a pattern here?

Posted by: swissmiss150 | October 15, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

SidelinesObservant:

Please email me. I would love to ask you a question:

merij_7600@yahoo.com

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Has the Washington Post really sunken this low to be this running crap?
It reads like a middle school newspaper.
That strange sound you hear is Katherine Graham rolling over in her grave.

Posted by: MM55 | October 15, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

This is a terrible recap. It sounds like it clearly isn't written by the same people who write this column. It is bizzare at best.

Posted by: lizk43 | October 15, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I have no doubt that with next week's reuninon show we will be saying good-bye to these girls. The Beverly Hills crowd is having a whole lot more fun and at least tangentially there seems to be an income stream to support their lifestyles.

Interestingly, so far the RHWBH girls are not depending on building themselves up by tearing someone else down, it is not all about what is wrong, it is more of a glass half full point of view. Might be an interesting new dynamic for the franchise.

Most importantly the "extra man" was a gorgeous, hot, contemporary, gay guy, not a drag queen wannabe left over from the
80s(Atlanta/DC).

None of these DC types were real except for Stacy. They are all esssentially hair dressers.

Posted by: SoCali | October 15, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

@MM55 .... Indeed, it's still me, same person who has been writing the other recaps this season. And no, you can't really say that the Washington Post is running this: It's a web-only posting put here for the niche audience of people who are interested in "Housewives of D.C." It's not as detailed as the past recaps because, well, there's nothing to fact-check about a reunion show. It's just a lot of ladies yelling at each other. I wasn't going to post anything at all, but I knew that some of the regular commenters would want a place to comment. Best wishes...

Posted by: The Reliable Source | October 15, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Dear Reliable --

Make that three ladies and Michaele.

Posted by: SidelinesObservant | October 15, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I should qualify the number Three. I never heard Stacy raise her voice in any of the programs . . .

Posted by: SidelinesObservant | October 15, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

WTF?

Posted by: lingering_lead | October 15, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I am a guy, almost 40, who was born in Georgetown, raised in Montgomery County, lived in Georgetown after college and since no one knows me here, can say I do quite well for myself. What astounds me about this show and those who seem to lobby to be on the show as opposed to being invited, is that they are all miserable. I understand that the footage will all be edited in an effort to keep the ad revenue flowing but is there even one scene where this group of 'friends' isn't skewering one another behind their backs or just flat-out obnoxious in that 'high school' sort of way while together? Who the fu*k are these people that are allegedly representative of the real Washington, DC top-of-the-food-chain players? I'll tell you: they're nobodys.

The day that I am such a loser that I have to constantly gossip about people that are my supposed friends and effort to regularly one-up everyone I see over the course of a work day to make myself seem important is the day I eat a bullet.

What's taking THESE c*nts so long?

By the way, I actually feel sorry for the husbands based on my limited exposure to them. They are just wussies who weren't smart enough to see that they got suckered into marrying lazy, immature and obnoxious c*nts...and now they're stuck.

Anyone I know from out of town that asks about this season gets a laugh and an apology because these losers are not at all representative of the DC I know and thrive in.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 15, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Whoa.

First, Amy had said she would not be recapping the reunion show. Typing up a few paragraphs of lead-in was her way of giving the regulars here a place to post comments. For that I remain grateful.

Second, of course the RHODC footage doesn't represent the DC that the rest of us know! Are you thinking that the other RH shows accurately represent those metro areas, even within the wealthy set?

Third, I don't much care hearing the term c*nt from a man. As a white guy I put it in the same box as the N-word, which I do not open under any circumstance.

But I'm so glad to hear you're thriving, dude.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

But I'm so glad to hear you're thriving, dude.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 1:32 PM |

Well grow the f*ck up you pansy. I don't much care for complaining little PC'ers who want to share their opinions on my choice of syntax, just because. Second of all, you are a total woman if you place the same level of offense on 'c*nt' as you do the 'n' word.

Yell c*nt in a crowded eatery and you'll get looks of disdain or maybe even some laughter. Yell the 'n' word in that same place and you may expect a beatdown from both men and women of different races.

You sound like that Tareq loser with that tone.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 15, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

I am Tareq's evil twin brother. You're right, Tareq is a pansy compared to me.

Got your number, dude.

Now who said there's no drama here?

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

jajohnson19:

I find your comment very telling.

Having followed the subject couple's escapades for a number of years, your comment does bring me back to when my youngest child, a daughter, was about 4 years old or so. Like all children of about that age, I realized she would like to recognize the difference between right and wrong, and the difference between truth and fibs and stories, but it was hard for a child of such a tender age, and the internal moral compass had yet to be set.

When called upon the carpet for wrong-doing or a fib, she could spin a yarn not convincing, but frustrating and a little funny at the time. In retrospect, with her passage into adulthood, quite humorous looking back upon it, although it caused her mother and me fits at the time.

Father: "Sarah, did you _______?" [insert what you like]. Daughter: "Well, no, Daddy it wasn't my fault, there was x, y and z and then a big bear and the dog and I think there was someone else too, and no, well, maybe yes, but no!"

Of course, the longer she tried to explain, and she could talk a blue streak, the more unbelievable the story became.
Anyone who has ever had small children is well-aware of that scenario. More frustrating than funny for parents when it happens, quite funny in retrospect 20 or 25 years later.

However, there is nothing funny when such pre-school childish behavior comes from the mouths of 40-something adults; to wit:

1. 'I was a cheerleader for the NFL and the Redskins, no maybe not technically, but I was a cheerleader, maybe not, but the Redskins cheerleader alumni association actually asked me to say I was a cheerleader even though I wasn't, but, see, that means I was!'

2. 'We received a written invitation to the White House State Dinner. It is in the limo. I will get it. No, we left it home. Well, actually we didn't really receive a written invitation, but we were on an "unofficial" hush-hush list. But we were invited. Oh, actually maybe we weren't and we thought we were going to the morning arrival ceremony at 6:30 at night. We were surprised we were admitted, but we told everyone we had an invitation. We didn't really have an official invitation, but we did have an invitation to something, even though we never received any invitation or actual confirmation of that. Well, maybe not, but we did go through the receiving line which must prove we were invited to something!'

It seems to me just about every time either of the Salahis open their respective mouths, they dig themselves a deeper hole in terms of their lack of credibility-- an ever-deepening hole they may never be able to climb out of.

From a 4 year old, it can be both frustrating and a bit humorous.

From a 45 year old, it is simply disgusting and beyond the pale of societal norms.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 15, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and by the way, for all of the parents out there, let us not forget the last "Hail Mary" ploy in a pre-schooler's playbook:

Start to cry or at least feign tears-- that's always good for at least a little bit of sympathetic mileage.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 15, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Michaela only allow "positive" comments on her blog at bravotv.com. I feel kind of sorry for her. I don't know how long she will be able to live in her bubble. I think Tareq is abusive and she might be too. He seemed in control all season and then on the finale she was calling the shots. I hope Stacie doesn't get scammed by the Nigerian family. I hate to say it but the father wants Jason to pay a dowry or he can't recognize their marriage? I can't believe someone made it to "almost 40" and doesn't know or care that the "c" word in relation to women is VERY insulting. Everyone concedes by now the "n" word is insulting depending on who says it. I'll miss RHDC but the Beverly Hills girls are trainwrecks too.

Posted by: cltclt | October 15, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

LAWPOOL:

But she did seem to crying authentically that second time. Not that I can tell the difference with a pro like her, but it wasn't like Andy said anything that would make crying at that moment a strategically clever move.

Lynda was saying was that in the old days MS would hang with friends, but no longer, unless Tareq came too.

Andy read a viewer question about whether Michaele ever goes anywhere without her husband. Then she totally loses it.

So what the hell was that about?

You should know that in the book DD talks about how scared Michaele was to be anywhere without Tareq, since he was the only one who knew about her condition and therefore knew to make up excuses to get her out of awkward situations if she started flaring.

During the PR tour leading up to the premier, Tareq was totally out of control with protective anger over how the others treated Michaele, and presumably wigged out over their inability to cash in on the notoriety. After he threw the wine on Lynda, the other HWs refused to be in the same room with him or even stay at the same hotel.

Bravo tried to comply by banning him from certain of those gigs we saw, like The View, keeping him in the back out of sight of Michaele and the other HWs. But, per DD, Michaele was panicking without him and he was panicking about not being allowed to be near her.

I'm just explaining what Dimond claims in the book. No telling what the truth is, including the multiple scleorosis claim.

But it does lead us back to what the nature of their realtionship really is. At times, MS seems like she's totally in charge, like that finale scene at Stacie's house or when she pulled Tareq back for photos at the WH.

Other times you get the impression he controls her, such as when she looks over regularly while lying to get his encouragement or approval. ("Honey did I get that right, just like we rehearsed?")

And while the jury may still out on her to some extent, we know he's a snake.

BTW, Michaele posted this explanation for the second crying jag at her Bravo blog page last night. (She blames it on sadness over Dirgham's illness.) Based on this alone, I've decided she is every bit as conniving as her husband. They ARE Bonnie & Clyde:

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

MeriJ:

Your last 2 sentences sum it up well.

MAKE NO MISTAKE, this couple is very good at the only thing they appear to do well; that is, scam and connive. And I submit Missy is and has been a willing, knowing and active participant for going on 7 years now, since before they even stepped from the alter of St. Matthews Church.

Their scourge and scorched earth history of bad debts, from the hair dresser for her wedding to their appliance repairman to their landscaper to their 2007 polo cup caterer to their 2008 stiffing of the Ruritan Club in Leesburg to their 2009 polo cup caterer, is legendary in courhouses in various jurisdictions in at least two states.

It is my impression they are 2 peas in a pod who complement quite completely each other's self-delusion.

Perhaps, after following this couple's trail of deceit since early 2009, I have become too cynical; but I think some might have the tendency to be falling for another act, a final act of desparation in terms of the only way Missy and Tareq might think she can at least redeem herself-- by blaming it all on Tareq.

DON'T FALL FOR IT. She has been an active and willing participant in their continuing scams for years.

There is no question in my mind they would feign a breakup, a domestic violence "incident" to report to the police, or even get divorced if they thought they could line their pockets in the process or extend their time in the public spotlight.

I certainly realize the natural tendency of reasonable people is to try to rationalize and explain the actions of others based upon our own internal moral compasses, generally shared by most in society. THAT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS. And that's what, I submit, makes them true sociopaths. They operate on an entirely different plane, completely foreign to otherwise rational thought and societal norms. Don't try to figure them out or rationalize their behavior, you'll only get a headache.

Re Ms. Dimond's diatribe, as a practiced professional, I judge one's credibility on one's statements. And the fact is that lies tend to beget lies.

Ms. Dimond's essential premise is based upon, not the "diagnosis" of Missy having MS, but rather upon the oh-so "secret" nature of that terrrible(?) thing.

And that, quite frankly, is nothing but B*LLS*IT. I had heard about that in 2009 as Tareq and Missy publicly traded upon that purported "diagnosis" to advance their so-called "charitable foundation", currently under investigation by the Commonwealth of Virginia.

If Ms. Dimond could get that fundamental fact so obviously and absolutely wrong, intentionally or unintentionally, then I don't place a whole lot of stock in the credibility of ANYTHING else penned by her in that apologetic pathetic diatribe called a "book" by a self-described "investigative journalist".

Just my opinions.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 15, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I see that book as a transcript of what the Salahis' storyline was at a particular moment in time. It was never credible as an investigative report, so I never even thought of it that way. (Other than the part about the cheerleader lies.)

But it is very useful to compare what they told DD with what they say at other times.

For example, consider that they told DD that whole sob story about Michaele being scared not to be with Tareq because of her MS flare-ups. That was their storyline during the period just after everyone was mad at them for Tareq horning in on the premier events. At that moment, they were running with the multiple sclerosis line as the explanation for everything.

But on her blog last night, with 2-3 weeks to think about it, the explanation she gave for crying when Andy asked her that question was that she was sad about Dirgham being ill.

It's just so obviously bullsh!t, seen side-by-side with the explanation du jour from a few months ago.

Which leaves open the question of why she really was crying.

I'm thinking you're right about them being full partners in crime. But I think she's not comfortable pulling it off without him there to tag team. She's a totally unoriginal scammer, whereas he's the one who can think on his feet.

Which, btw, is why I'd say she is a pure narcissistic personality disorder type, whereas he might fall somewhere between NPD and sociopath. I wouldn't say he's a medically certifiable sociopath -- too bumbling compared to those guys -- but he's a scheming snake, for sure.

That they can get me to question what I know to be true about them even after all this time is why I think they're interesting people, despite being such dreadful bores.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 5:40 PM | Report abuse

MeriJ:

I note you stated, and this is very important:

". . .they can get me to question what I know to be true about them even after all this time. . ."

And that is what makes them so very, very good at the only thing they apparently do well, and have done for years. Despite your knowledge, you are continuing to be conned like so many before you.

Your observation is very telling and should serve as a warning to all.

Don't you see, therein lies the fashion in which people devoid of any appreciation of societal norms, through continuing lies and deceit, manage to consistently sucker good people of conscience, like you and me and most others.

You know what you know, you know the documented background of this couple as I do, but every time they open their mouths, you have a natural innate tendency to attempt to rationalize or explain their statements by searching for a benchmark in terms of your own internal moral compass and sense of societal norms; you stretch for the yearning, even the remotest possibility, of giving them the benefit of the doubt. And that, my friend, is what they, and others of similar ilk, bank upon.

The road of the slightest doubt is a very tempting road to traverse, because to steer off of that road means one must ultimately conclude there really are some people that just may be unredeemable and absolutely devoid of any responsibility whatsoever, and that troubles responsible people like you and me and most others greatly. It puts our entire sense of right and wrong and the very fabric of our society into a very nasty tailspin.

Unfortunate but true: there really are some people like that out there; more, actually, than any of us would like to think exists. After nearly 3 decades of practicing law and sometine seeing the sleazy backside of human nature, I can tell you it's just an unfortunate fact of our ephemeral existence on our little planet. People like the Salahis have been around in the past and, quite unfortunately, will no doubt plague our society in the future. Just a fact.

Think again about what you posted:
" . .. they can get me to question what I know to be true about them even after all this time. .."

In other words, they continue to be able to manipulate you to have you questioning yourself and facts which you already know! Damn, you have to admit they are very good at the only talent they seem to possess.

Just my opinion.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 15, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

LAWPOOL, of all the many posts I've read by you these last 10 months, that last one is easily my all-time favorite.

Well said!

Posted by: MeriJ | October 15, 2010 8:23 PM | Report abuse

MeriJ:

And the real scary part of all of this is, if they can manipulate you to second-guess and doubt that which you ALREADY KNOW FOR A FACT, then they can very successfully manipulate many far less informed people.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 16, 2010 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Here's another wild thought ..............

I think it would be interesting if the Salahis were discovered to be druggies (maybe meth). Might explain her skin & bones, not sure about his round physique. Might also explain their finances - not all druggies are good with their money :)

That would be a very juicy twist in their tales of woe.

Posted by: Myshamrock_va@yahoo.com | October 16, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Myshamrock:
Your observation is not perhaps without merit. There is an interesting video clip of Missy that I'm trying to find. Will post the info here in the next day or two [hopefully].

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 17, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

LAWPOOL, I thought you were going to say "look for a big announcement soon."

Which would have been pretty funny.

Then I could have accused you of being Tareq in disguise.

Myshamrock: My fantasy ending to all this would be that Michaele ends up being Rachel Harshman in disguise!

Story script: Rachel doesn't make it onto RHODC, so she dispatches Michaele back in 2009 and has plastic surgery done to take her place. Plastic being plastic, Tareq can't tell the difference! Or he decides, what the hell, I can work with this.

Rachel/"Michaele" covers herself by accusing all detractors of being Rachel Harshman in disguise.

Hey, I'm beginning to believe it might be true!

Holly?

Posted by: MeriJ | October 17, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Hi MeriJ, thank you for the honorable mention. Yes, that was rather BIZARRE, they kept accusing me of being that Rachel person, now theyve taken their Unique brand of Psycho to the RHODC page, accusing me of being Obsessed, Miserable, that my profile is in fact a fake and again, I am indeed the Rachel person. They are posting under the Alias "Candace Brown" Also, I'd like to let everyone here know, Tareq's better known Sock puppet has been sending threatening msgs out to a couple of posters, one included physical harm

Posted by: Holly1971 | October 17, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Rachel Harshman is a real person, an honest to god ex-BFF of Michaele's. According to Michael's sock puppets, Rachel was considered for RHODC. But I don't know if that's true.

What I do know is that some of the things that lisag1/Susan etc. says about Rachel sound like defamation to me.

If you google Rachel you'll see that just after the WH crashing she spoke to the media about the Salahis being fame whores and that she'd seen them using various techniques to sneak into other events.

It would be pretty weird if Michaele really does think Holly and Lawpoop (sic) and Seraphina/Samuel Bronkowitz are Rachel H. in disguise. Almost as weird as thinking the other four Real Housewives are the only people in the world who dislike her.

I'm so jealous. None of the puppets has ever accused *me* of being Rachel. Heck, I'd settle for sunnylady138. What does a guy have to do to get noticed around her?

Posted by: MeriJ | October 17, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Ahem. ...around here.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 17, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

MyShamrock:

It took me awhile to find the clip I was looking for. Go to YouTube.com, search for "The Crash Heard Around the World". Go to part 4 of 6. About 2:25 into that video is Tareq & Michaele at the Q&A Cafe in Georgetown following an interview with Carol Joynt. Watch Michaele go on about "hot chocolate" while someone is trying to interview them.
Then make up your own mind.
By the way, that entire documentary, parts 1-6, is very interesting.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 18, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Feel bad for Michaele. Down deep she you can tell she is a total sweetheart, however, that husband of hers is such a BS artist that he has got her all tangled up is his pursuit of his phony lifestyle. To bad she has no friends to rely on instead of that jackass she is married to.

Posted by: shoreterp1 | October 18, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

shoreterp1:

I must strongly disagree. See my prior comments above.

You, I suggest, and possibly others like you, are being manipulated and falling for what they want you to fall for.

Do not be taken in by this latest chapter in their never-ending attempt to manipulate and scam.

Just my opinion.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | October 18, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

shoreterp1:

Are you one of Missy's few friends or are you her? There are a lot of "poor little Missy" stories and comments floating on the net right now -- not least of all her mommy claiming that Tareq is the evil one and not sweet little Missy. Wonder if this is the beginning of the end for the TS-MS saga -- are listening Tareq??? Is she about to boot you to the curb in exchange for someone with looks AND money??
Along with Lawpool -- my observation and opinion . . .

Posted by: SidelinesObservant | October 19, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Sidelines: check for message.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 19, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Cat's a POS Liberal - oops same thing!

Posted by: LOD_MOS | October 20, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Michaele Salahi (aka ‘Missy’, Michelle Ann Holt)
She has never met an enemy. She will only speak highly of people and experiences until provoked to tears. Then she will try to work through it with a positive attitude. She was verbally attacked by the other cast members.
Yes, she has been poorly advised and she is vulnerable and naïve. She probably looks the other way if things don’t add up. Her self-esteem was probably compromised in her youth. I completely believe that she is codependent on her husband and has never meant to harm anyone. Yes, she likes the attention, culture, wine country, ponies, and parties. Can you blame her? I don’t see her as a threat to anyone but herself. I say “herself” because on an extremely rare occasion, she is provoked into saying something immature or self-absorbed.
For instance, the video clip of her stating, “I’m prettier than her, I have more friends than her…” which may be in response to the other housewives high school drama / jealousy tactics by throwing in some of her own. She would probably recant that statement. It would be good if she didn’t tell Cat to fill herself with love and her husband would come back, as though they NEED men to be complete. Oh, and stating that at least she (herself) has a husband. That is proof of Michaele’s dependency on her husband, Tarek.
There is no crime to her fantasies:
Missy / Michelle isn’t quite as exotic of name as Michaele, so why not pick your own name?
Mistake- Avoid telling people that it’s your given name or that it was a combination of Michael with Michelle. Who are Michael and Michelle?
No crime there. Don’t like your name? Change it.
Mistake- Don’t be a name-dropper. People can check your facts with these big name companies
People DO think you are pretty enough, thin enough, nice enough, and tall enough. You don’t have to be a model in your past.
Mistake- Fantasy football cheerleading is one thing, but bringing a television crew to get the real deal on tape is documenting a falsification.
She didn’t commit a crime. In fact, they should make her an honorary member of the Redskins Cheerleaders because she has brought them more attention, not to mention her enthusiasm and praise for the team. This wasn’t harmful in the least, rather celebrating a fantasy.
We know that Michaele is not the winery’s accountant or the bookkeeper of the charity.
She should not be judged or held responsible for any of these financial discrepancies. It’s probably fun and exciting to be in the spotlight at events and get involved in the organizing of your husband’s business dealings.
Mistake- Before supporting his businesses or charity, do your research. Take a college course on finance and understand contracts and paperwork before appearing to involve yourself in the business side of things. You could learn a great deal while helping turn things around for the two of you.
Mistake- Preview what is written in print before it is distributed. This includes your wedding invitation and its statements about your college graduation, which isn’t even relevant to the marriage. It was unnecessary misinformation. College is not a requisite to a successful life. It will show stability, dedication, and self-discipline, but it will not determine your potential or place in life.
Because you are bleach-blonde, attractive, and bubbly all of the time, you will automatically be mislabeled as ditsy and your intelligent statements will be edited out because people want to see and hear things that back up their judgment of you. I think you speak as well as any of the D.C. women. You could work on content, but we all can.
If someone counted how many positive statements you made during the show and compared it to the other women, I think that all of their positive statements, added together, would still fall short of yours.
Your only crime is embellishing, hoping, longing, believing, and trusting.
I think you should develop your image as a smart, savvy, yet sexy brainiac because Washington D.C. covets its intelligent, politically-involved people. A model, make-up artist, or cheerleader may be an honest living, but it isn’t exactly a D.C. brag-worthy title or profession. So embellishing on things that aren’t that prestigious to begin with is just silly.
You are a brave and beautiful woman. Apparently other women are threatened by you. Become a triple threat to show us how strong you are.
I, personally, would watch if you had your own show.

Posted by: 1JaneDoe | October 21, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: semilost44 | October 21, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

check out my latest handiwork (and forgive me when I post this again tomorrow!):

Posted by: MeriJ | October 21, 2010 6:52 PM | Report abuse

>I cant believe soooo many people are wasting such a great deal of time rehashing all of this make believe trash....

It's been my refuge since Lost went off the air. A poor substitute, for sure, but just as many easter eggs!

Posted by: MeriJ | October 21, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

1JaneDoe:

I wanted to read what you wrote, but to do so I had to copy it into Word so I could add paragraph breaks. I'm too old to try to read a wall of text like that!

But it was worth it, because I enjoyed your remarks. Not saying I agree with any of it, but I will give them some thought. Most people who stick up for Michaele don't actually have much to say.

So thanks for being the exception.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 21, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Just watched part two.

Since 1JaneDoe has got me thinking along these lines, I will repeat the advice a sage woman once gave to Michaele:

Leave your husband.

Posted by: MeriJ | October 21, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

MeriJ,

I’m sorry about the length of that post and lack of spaces. I was afraid it would be too many characters.

I don’t post my opinion on websites very often because I read so many negative posts and the poor grammar they use is my pet peeve (I may make a type-o and shoot myself in the foot!).

I really wanted to convey my sincerity toward giving people a chance and thinking the best of them. I just finished watching part 2 and still stand behind what I wrote.

I must also say that Tarek was the only one who apologized and said it like he meant it. I think Michaele is good for him. It's very brave of them to keep making appearances.

I want to remind people of their own responsibility when they point fingers at the Salahis. If you want to be paid for your services, ask for the payment up front. If you want to keep people out of the party, make sure that your security can do so. They can only do as much harm as you let them. They didn’t rob the national bank. Oh, and if they did, you had better believe they would do it with a smile and class, then send a thank you note.

Be thankful that these benign members of society unintentionally (or however you want to see it) breached White House security. It could have been worse. If the Secret Service had welcomed a dangerous person into the State Dinner with the President, it might have been more than just a simple embarrassment.

Thank you for welcoming my comments MeriJ. I respect your opinion as well.

Posted by: 1JaneDoe | October 21, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Meri J,

You are delusional as the Salahi's. That was most forced apology ever. Plus the other woman have nothing to apologize for. All they did was call a spade a spade. The Salahi's are so consumed in their own reality its mind blowing. They never give a straight answer because they can't its not in their DNA. Tareq is the biggest weasal alive. He is cut from the same cloth as the Bernie Madoff's of the world.

Posted by: shoreterp1 | October 22, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse