Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 02/28/2011

What is it about Chris Christie?

By Jennifer Rubin

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) appeared on "Face the Nation" yesterday. He turned in another gripping performance, following his recent speech at the American Enterprise Institute.

He is -- no doubt a consequence of his years as a prosecutor -- entirely fluid in his delivery. He maintains good cheer even when dismantling the question. And he makes even the toughest position sound like nothing more than common sense.

Asked if Gov. Scott Walker has "gone too far," Christie responded:

Bob, let me tell you what -- what went on in New Jersey. My predecessor, Governor Corzine, stood on the front steps of the Capitol at a public-sector union rally and said, "I'll fight to get you a good contract." And I thought to myself, watching that, who's he fighting with? Once he says that, the fight's over. What I believe in is true adversarial collective bargaining. And so, every state is different. I'm not going to micromanage Wisconsin from Trenton, New Jersey. I know Scott Walker. I like him. And I trust him. And I think he believe he's doing what's in the best interest of Wisconsin, the same way I'm going to do what I think needs to be done for New Jersey, which is, to reform the pension system and roll back health benefits for public-sector workers, to put them more in line with the rest of the population in New Jersey, to put us on a long-term path to fiscal stability.

But aren't collective bargaining rights inviolate? Christie, a former U.S. attorney, reminds us:

Now listen. All these rights are legislatively created. They didn't come down from tablets at the top of a mountain. And so, political things change and go back and forth. And every state is going to make their own determination on that. Wisconsin is in the middle of making that determination. As you know, Bob, there are plenty of states in America where that right doesn't exist. And so, each state has to make their own determination on that.

But it's not the legal precision of the answer that is exceptional. What stands out is his utter candor. I frankly can't imagine another politician debunking the notion that public employees have a God-given right to collectively bargain.

But his best answer was in response to the accusation that he is "demonizing teachers." In his unflappable and cheery way, he essentially told Schieffer that was nuts:

Listen, I think that the teachers in New Jersey, and there's thousands and thousands of great ones deserve a union as good as they are and they don't have it. And, I disagree with the premise of your question, which is that everybody agrees there should be education reform. It's everybody, but the teachers union who believes that everything is fine. If you listen to them in New Jersey, they'll tell you everything is fine. I mean it's great. It's great except for the hundred and four thousand kids in New Jersey that are struck in -- stuck in 200 chronically failing schools. I mean, you know just because their zip code is in a poor urban center doesn't mean we should be fighting to change the system that's failing them. So, no. What I'm trying to do is have a merit-based system for teachers, so that great ones get rewarded and paid more and that the really great ones want to stay in the profession, not only because they love it but because they're rewarded financially for it. The union, Bob, they protect the worse of the worst. That's what there for, they make it impossible to fire bad teachers and it's ruining our education system.

Contrary to the rap that Christie is a bully, he delivers his message without the slightest trace of annoyance, let alone anger.

He is unabashed in refusing to raise taxes: "[W]e're not going to continue the spending spree and we're certainly not just going back to raising more and more taxes. The people in New Jersey have had enough of that. Hundred and fifteen times in eight years, I think they'd given it the office, Bob."

He is matter-of-fact about avoiding a government shutdown: "I mean their job is to solve these problems and not just to stand in a corner and hold your breath. So -- and I say that about both sides. So let's get together. They've got a week to figure it out. Let's get in the room and figure it out. I was a little surprised they took the last week off, to tell you the truth, given that this was looming."

Far from overbearing, he seems like the tough football coach -- he's not going to take any guff, but he devoted to his guys (in this case, the ordinary citizen).

And those who think he doesn't show restraint should think again. Is Sarah Palin ready for president? "She's got to make that judgment herself." Should Michelle Obama be dinged for her anti-obesity campaign? "Well, I think it's unnecessary. I think it's a really good goal to encourage kids to eat better. You know, I've -- I've struggled with my weight for 30 years and it's a struggle. And if a kid can avoid that in his adult years or her adult years, more power to them." The man knows when not to throw a punch.

He, of course, insists he isn't running for president. But here's the deal (a Christie-ism): if he racks up another big win in the budget fights, the GOP field continues to shrink and disappoint and the economy is still in the doldrums, don't you think Christie might just decide to take the ball and run with it? And with his reputation and name identification, he could make that decision in November. By then, the Republican electorate should be desperate for a candidate who can not only beat Obama but take Washington by storm.

By Jennifer Rubin  | February 28, 2011; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  2012 campaign
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who's the hooligan?
Next: Dennis Ross disappoints J Street

Comments

Posted by: member8 | February 28, 2011 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I like Christie as a governor but he does need to hit the treadmill.

Posted by: Fitz157 | February 28, 2011 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Christie is the best thing out of Jersey since Springsteen, and he's the real Boss.

Posted by: BluePelican | February 28, 2011 11:26 AM | Report abuse

The reason that Governor Christie is so convincing is that HE KNOWS WHAT THE FACTS ARE. As compared to President Obama, who is lost without his teleprompter because he has no interest in the facts, nor experience from which to learn them.

Posted by: stevek45 | February 28, 2011 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I thought Christie looked and sounded better than ever.
People love Christie because he's straightforward, he's principled, he knows
who he is and what he believes in.

Posted by: ohioan | February 28, 2011 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Um, Christie had no experience as a prosecutor - none - when he was appointed to the U.S. Attorney job -- mostly as a result of Karl Rove's backing and the $500K he, his brother and their wives donated to the Bush campaign. Suddenly, he was a contender!

I think the "fluid delivery" you admire had more to do with his time as the NJ statehouse lobbyist for Wall Street's trade association. Before that, he worked as a securities lawyer -- and we certainly know how slick they are, considering no one significant has yet gone to jail for fraud.

Posted by: uberblonde1 | February 28, 2011 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Guess you see what you want to see. Not a bully? Suspect others will disagree on you about that-- at least based on some of his other appearances in New Jersey and elsewhere:

Tells Teacher if your don't like your pay

Nastiness in New Jersey NY Times 4-25-2010

After Testy Exchange with Congress, Christie Walks Out NY Times 6-26-2009

Posted by: TheShadowKnows | February 28, 2011 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I found two points in Matt Bai’s NYT profile of Christie last Thursday interesting:
1. Christie did not have much of a platform and won by four points primarily because Corzine was so disliked, and
2. Christie was well-suited to choose a career as prosecutor because he does not give up until he wins.
From the profile:
//“We have similar personalities,” Stephen Sweeney, the Democratic president of the state Senate, told me recently, when ruminating on Christie’s style. “The difference between he and I is, I have an off switch and he doesn’t. You know, if I knock you down, I’ll pick you up, brush the dirt off your back, try to build a relationship and go forward. He knocks you down, like with the teachers, and he’ll stomp on you, kick on you until he can kill you.”//

Bai argues that Christie “stumbled onto the public-policy issue of our time, which is how to bring the exploding costs of the public workforce in line with reality,” implying that had the economic situation been a bit less dire, we’d not be paying much attention to him.

Whatever the case, Christie’s moves and mannerisms have struck a chord with the public. It will be interesting to see if his popularity prevails.

Posted by: SCMike1 | February 28, 2011 12:15 PM | Report abuse

The day a republican politician is for "the ordinary citizen" is the day an obese girl becomes prom queen...or an obese guy becomes president.

Keep casting, republicans. Maybe you'll catch something.

Posted by: danw1 | February 28, 2011 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Christie is twice the man Obama is and three times as smart. Obama has driven the economy off the cliff, Bozo the clown could have done a better job...

Posted by: Richie5 | February 28, 2011 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, when you can't go after the ideas, go after the looks, huh? We need more beautiful people like Nancy Pelosi. Please. The woman is not only an enemy of working people, as evidenced by her exempting those of us here in Samoa from the minimum wage -- we loooove packing tuna cans for $2 an hour -- but the weight was the least of that talking skeleton's problem. I guess some people are just shallow. They are, after all, the ones who voted for a man with no experience because he was a better color than the smart older lady with a long resume.

Posted by: chicoandtheman2001 | February 28, 2011 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I live in Jersey and voted for Christie reluctantly. Boy, am I pleased with the results. His poll numbers here are solid - in a blue state.

I love the negative comments about his weight and appearance. I guess those folks wouldn't have voted for Lincoln, FDR or Churchill either - all of them being less then pictures of robust health.

But, hey, better to look good (Obama) then to actually be good (at governing). How incredibly shallow.

Posted by: LadyBertrum | February 28, 2011 12:51 PM | Report abuse

There's some legitimacy to this. If a man can't control his appetites, it might indicate a psychological dysfunction that could manifest itself in other ways too. But just purely on the health question I worry about the guy.

Amusingly, his main nemesis has been snow. Unfortunately for him, snow doesn't go away when you post a video of you shouting at it to YouTube.

Posted by: member8 | February 28, 2011 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Tells Teacher if your don't like your pay

This is 1 of my FAVE Christie vids!!!!

IIRC, some enterprising poster searched out that school district and found a R*** W**** making over $86K a year, and this RW was hoping to make $83K!

When your salary is public knowledge, do u think it might be a good idea 2 know what your gross is?

Posted by: gopthestupidparty | February 28, 2011 1:05 PM | Report abuse

You’re not a politician if it’s your way only, you are a dictator and they call Obama a socialist. I think we all know the republicans are the real socialist dictators "their way or no way" and they will pay for it in 2012

Posted by: joedamico34yahoocom | February 28, 2011 1:07 PM | Report abuse

But we've had your way for 40ish years, we're broke.

Posted by: gopthestupidparty | February 28, 2011 1:13 PM | Report abuse

What is it about Chris Christie?

Nothing that anyone at WaPo would like. After all, he is for fiscal responsibility and believes in observing our constitution. He doesn't believe in penalizing success and rewarding sloth.

Posted by: thehamptons1 | February 28, 2011 1:19 PM | Report abuse

I like how all the democrats have nothing good to say about him just because he's a republican. You need to realize he has only done good for NJ and yes YOU will, if not have, benefit from it. As a school student in NJ I see that we need reform. Some teachers are horrible yet schools cannot fire them! His reform will directly benefit me and I am very grateful.

Posted by: shanegarland | February 28, 2011 1:30 PM | Report abuse

From the Examiner, mebbe Christie & the Bamster can work out a deal?

With a schedule as hectic as President Obama's it must be hard to stick to a training regimen without help -- but why does he insist on having his old trainer fly out from Chicago to D.C. regularly.....

Posted by: gopthestupidparty | February 28, 2011 1:33 PM | Report abuse

"Obama's jetset fitness trainer helps shed pounds, adds to global warming"

I thought global warming was a liberal hoax designed to impose meaningless regulations on hardworking businessmen. Perhaps we could put in a call to Heritage or Koch Industries to get clarification on that.

"David Axelrod says he lost 25 pounds under McClellan's watch, but that comes at a steep cost for those as environmentally minded as the Obamas: 50,000 lbs of carbon emissions."

So this trainer is flying on a private jet, is he? One that wouldn't be flying at all except to deliver him to training sessions, and thereby adding all those 'carbon emissions', which the right informs us are not harmful?

I do take your point though. Virtuous people carry 120 extra pounds of body fat while mean union thugs with foul mouths who punch Fox reporters are the only ones in need of toned arms and buttocks.

(Not sure, is Michelle a hypocrite who enjoys toned arms with a trainer or a hypocrite who gorges herself on fatty ribs this week?)

Posted by: member8 | February 28, 2011 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Since America is obese, we must be very virtuous. Thanks. Refreshing change.

Posted by: gopthestupidparty | February 28, 2011 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I always love it when "member8" plays the concern troll. Yeah, sure, when he thinks about Christie, his primary concern is Christie's weight. Sure, we all believe that.

Posted by: RickCaird | February 28, 2011 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Republicans and independents love Christie because he's the perfect foil to Obama in almost every respect. One is glib, vain, aloof, professorial; the other is blunt, down-to-earth, engaging, practical. One is destroying America's fiscal health; the other is repairing the damage to New Jersey's. Christie's mainstream conservatism could trounce Obama's out-of-touch leftism, so I hope he eventually decides to run.

Posted by: eoniii | February 28, 2011 3:13 PM | Report abuse

I think these posts are like that movie where people could not lie. Of course we can be brutally honest over the internet.
Christy is fat. Obama used to smoke and has some hypertension. Yes these people are human beings.

Christy also delivered on Sunday in a way no politician has since Bill Clinton. He is a rare political star in the post Obama partisan era. He can fight without sounding like an ultra partisan.

To all the Obama fans. Don'y you just wish he once could deliver a cogent argument based on your causes the way Christy can do for his.

Posted by: craig5 | February 28, 2011 3:35 PM | Report abuse

As you've said of Christie, the same rings true of Walker. He has been nothing but polite to the runaway senators, to the unions, to teachers, and to the protesters who have badly damaged the capitol grounds and have often acted badly themselves. They've hit reporters, tried to shout down live reports, and threatened reporters--all from Fox News, of course.

And in return, the runaways senators, union thugs, and protesters, many bused or flown in from outside the state, or too young to understand the issues, have abused Walker and conservatives, saying things that had the Tea Party members said them would have made nightly national news.

Walker is right in letting these fools hang themselves and their lost cause. With every day that goes on, another union toe-hold is lost to history.

Posted by: tom75 | February 28, 2011 3:59 PM | Report abuse

I don't see Christie's weight as being much of a political liability. It makes him look like a regular guy and it sets him apart from the metro-sexual types in the governmental and professional elite who are so out of favor with the public. The "Reagan Democrats", the working-class ethnic whites who are up for grabs politically, tend to have physiques more like Christie's than Obama's.

Corzine tried to make Christie's weight an issue in the New Jersey governor's race and got blown out. Also, the CDC map linked below shows that all the swing states except Virginia and Colorado have obesity rates exceeding 25%. Being fat certainly hasn't hurt Oprah's popularity, and I doubt it will hurt Christie's.

Posted by: eoniii | February 28, 2011 4:17 PM | Report abuse

We can see from the comments what the left's big argument against Christie will be: he's fat. That'll be their argument.

Well, smokers often get lung cancer - sometimes long after they quit. And lung cancer can kill you very quickly, as it did Peter Jennings. Therefore, I'm worried about President Obama's health. I'm more worried about his health than I am Governor Chrisie's health.

See how easy that is?

Just like the left tried to make Palin's "lack of experience" an isssue, even though she had far far more experience than Obama, so they will try to make Christie's health an issue, even though Obama's history of smoking is just as dangerous as Christie's obesity.

Posted by: jaohair | February 28, 2011 4:33 PM | Report abuse

eoniii: "Also, the CDC map linked below shows that all the swing states except Virginia and Colorado have obesity rates exceeding 25%."

I love it! Correlate obese people with swing districts. I don't think it's valid, but its entertaining. It's true to an extent; the West-LA-emaciated-starving-refugee-look people are represented by Henry Waxman, and the can't-get-around-Walmart-without-electric-scooter people did elect Haley Barbour.

jaohair: "Just like the left tried to make Palin's "lack of experience" an isssue, even though she had far far more experience than Obama"

I don't fault Palin. She is the intellectual guardian of conservatism and is a no-brainer for Republican nominee. Sarah 2012! Don't listen to the blue-bloods and elite media types and lawyers. Get in there and plow through that door!

Posted by: member8 | February 28, 2011 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Obama the professor was supposed to be sooo intelligent and thoughtful. The man is an a$$.

Christi has brains and Ball$, Obama has neither.

Posted by: SpellingMonster | February 28, 2011 4:47 PM | Report abuse

I like it when posters who hate Christie talk about his weight. I think that guy can beat Obama into the ground. If Dems think Obama's physical profile will offset his liberal policies, they're crazy!

Posted by: josephpturner | February 28, 2011 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Christie is far too overweight to cause Chris Matthews' legs to tingle.

'nuff said. Christie has my vote.

Posted by: blackmage | February 28, 2011 5:36 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you on this one Jen. The Republicans have a winner here.

Posted by: eskay | February 28, 2011 6:01 PM | Report abuse

It doesn't matter what Christie's policy positions are, or what his record in office looks like. The fact of the matter is that he cannot win the nomination nor the presidency at his current weight. He looks unhealthy. And people have an automatic negative impression of people who are as overweight as he is. Call it sad if you want, but it's true.

President Taft was huge too, but this principle applies in the age of visual media like TV and the internet, where people get most of their information about their politicians from TV instead of newspapers.

Posted by: backndsaddle | February 28, 2011 6:12 PM | Report abuse

We could use a real leader and fighter for America and he could be the one. What a breath of fresh air compared to most politicians

Posted by: wbindner | February 28, 2011 6:44 PM | Report abuse

So far, Christie is the potential next president (including Obama) that has the guts to consistently tell the truth:

1) Public sector retirement and health care benefits for State and local workers will need to be scale back in almost every State.

3) Medicare will need to be restructured, probably means tested, and maybe turned into a voucher program.

4) Medicaid needs to be eliminated as a Federal program and as an entitlement. The Federal Government should have a line item in the discretionary budget to give funds to the States to help them provide health care for their poorest citizens and let the States figure out how to do that.

5) Bad teachers need to be fired. And if the teachers union is not going to get on board with that - then the right of teachers to unionize just might have to be eliminated.

Posted by: Berndh | February 28, 2011 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Berndh: "2) Social Security benefits will need to be scaled back for people who are not retired yet. Basically we will not get what we were promised but will will still get more than people of similar income who are on SS are getting now. Not a tragedy."

Nope. Rich people need to pay more taxes. Whoa!! Did he just say that?

Posted by: member8 | February 28, 2011 7:33 PM | Report abuse

(1) Christie for President 2012.
(2) He's fat. So are lot of Americans; Insult them all at your risk Democrats.
(3) He walks the talk and talks the walk. SO unlike 99.999% other pol's out there. It's not like a breath of fresh air, it is fresh air.
(4) The nation cannot afford to lose the dollar, which, given the trends, is more and more likely w/ each passing month. Want Greek fiscal reform? Irish fiscal reform? Icelandic fiscal reform? Stick your head in the sand next to Barry Obama's and we'll get it. Want it the Federal budget fixed? Put Christie in the White House in 2012.

Posted by: muskokaandtahoe | February 28, 2011 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Fat and unhealthy are the least of his problems. Failure to understand democracy is much worse. He has advanced Know Nothing disease: showing the symptoms now, hospitalization comes later.

Posted by: dudh | February 28, 2011 8:31 PM | Report abuse

I am 67 and in failing health. I may not live to see the 2012 election. I would dearly love to see Christie debate Obama. It would clearly be ugly substance and intelligence vs. facile, glib charisma. Christie would deconstruct Obama in much the same way Dick Cheney eviscerated John Edwards. I watched his performance with Bob Scheiffer. Nothing short of masterful. Scheiffer obviously sympathetic to the unions hit Christie with loaded question after loaded question which Christie quickly parried and turned back on the questioner. We need him as president. We need a candid man who is unafraid to tell the truth. The current occupant of the White House is timid, vacillating and totally out of synch with the mores, mood and values of mainstream America. Obama has to go. America needs Chris Christie, warts, beer belly and all.

Posted by: jkk1943 | February 28, 2011 9:33 PM | Report abuse

gotta love the geniuses that want to talk about christie's looks, or his weight. these are the same people that voted for obama because he's "cool." really smart stuff. christie can put holes in the spun lies of the progressive left like few i've seen, and he is needed in these times. unions, progressives, "activists", they all want the same thing. they want YOU to take care of them, to pay their bills, to supplement their middling firepower with some of your own. because that's what's "fair", as decreed by them. chris christie, keep doing your thing; your presence is long overdue....

Posted by: subframer | February 28, 2011 10:08 PM | Report abuse

FDR was completely opposed to allowing public employees to bargain collectively. So was the George Meany of the AFLCIO. Both knew that it would lead to the total corruption of the Unions and the Government. They were both right, and the corrupt deal between public employee unions and democrats where the unions spend billions to elect democrats who raise taxes on working people to vote hundreds of billions for the unions in wages and especially benefits is close to bankrupting half our states, and even the nation! It has to end. That the left wing press consistently fails to point out that FDR was tougher on this issue than Gov Walker shows how corrupt the mainstream media has come as they take Obama's side to work with the unions to get him reelected. As for Gov Christy? He is as real as Obama is ideological and fake! I'm ready to sign up for the Chritie for President Campaign now. If Obama wins another 4 years our nation is doomed to 3rd world status, financial collapse, and poverty. I think Obama would be completely happy with that as long as we are equally poor except for him and his Elite left wing Harvard friend who would lord it over the rest of us average working people!!!!

Posted by: valwayne | February 28, 2011 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Christie has the cajones to say what needs to be said. No more mamby-pamby politically-correct BS.

The greedy unions are bleeding the country (tax-payers) dry, and once you kill the golden goose, all will starve. The unions have become the political force for Socialism, and they own the Democrat Party, lock, stock, and barrel. Their power must be broken if our country is to survive.

Those who are willing to depend on their own talents and skills will reject the unions and the nanny state that they advocate. Those who want to be taken care of by the government will support the unions and the Democrats. Independents versus dependents. That's what it comes down to.

The Independents don't mind helping those who are truly handicapped. They are the most giving people in the world to people truly in need, voluntarily. What they resist and resent is the Government lording over their generosity, demanding the contributions, and deciding who the recipients are. That is not an unreasonable complaint.

When the administration is run by Socialists who redistribute this charity for their own political purposes, of course there will be resistance. The current administration is the worst offender of this in current memory.

This administration must be deposed in 2012, and stymied in the meantime.

Posted by: samadams25 | February 28, 2011 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Christie is the most engaging politician to come down the pike in a long time. He doesn't talk down to us as does the current POTUS. He speaks with excellent diction, clarity and word choice which puts him a legup on GWB. He seems direct and honest which puts him way up on WJC. He seems as decent as GHWB. In short, we have to go all the way back to Ronald Reagan to find that same feeling of instinctive trust. Perhaps the moment has found the man.

Posted by: DoubleDonn | February 28, 2011 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Governor Christie is, today, the most attractive politician in the USA. He is as articulate as Obama; he doesn’t seem to be like the thin-skinned supercilious patronizer that currently graces the POTUS and as a bonus he appears to be as intelligent and more practical. He has the clarity, diction and word choice that too often eluded GWB. He seems both straightforward and honest – two important qualities that were lamentably lacking in the devious and dissembling WJC. He seems as decent a man as GHWB. To find a match takes us back to the redoubtable Ronald Reagan. Wow, this may be the moment finding the man!

Posted by: DoubleDonn | March 1, 2011 12:35 AM | Report abuse

Let's talk true aesthetics. The tenor of Chris's remarks and his voice register register (!!) with the public much, much better than nasty Barry's braying bewailing baritone. That's the 300-pound gorilla in the room, not the matchless elephant vs. the smoking jack#ss. Should be a great set of debates: well, that's another fine mess you've gotten us into, Barry. But Governor, please remember to refrain from asking the President for the time while he's holding his half-full glass of economy water! And let's see which one wins a towel tug-of-war to pick who gets the first Jake Tapper question.

Posted by: aardunza | March 1, 2011 1:25 AM | Report abuse

DoubleDonn's two comments above were double the pleasure, double the fun. Second rewritten a bit was even better than the first; read and learn, folks. Nice. But I am a bit worried about the New Jersey atmospherics surrounding Christie. Hope we're not setting ourselves up with another Agnew or something!

Posted by: aardunza | March 1, 2011 1:48 AM | Report abuse

Let me think about this.

Hmmm...Christie's weight vs Obama telling lies every day, destroying the economy, telling everyone to get used to higher energy bills and tighten your belts while he and family take extravagant vacations, he plays golf, has parties at the WH weekly, flies around on Air Force One like it is his party plane, backs our enemy's while attacking the U.S. friends, sues a state because he is not willing to do his job on border enforcement, has laws being passed in the middle of the night on holidays, and doesn't "do" government because has hired czars to do that..and he hired Geitner because he was the only one who could do the job...of destroying our economy?

I'll overlook Christie's weight problem, I'll overlook the MSM's problems with Palin and any other problem the Obots can come up with for why Obama should be President.

I could have listed 1000 true reasons why Obama should have never been Pres and why he should lose in 2012.

Christie was a great Federal Prosecutor for NJ and he has made our state better.

If he runs, he has my vote.

Posted by: letscheck | March 1, 2011 3:07 AM | Report abuse

"Christie looked terrible. That thing under his chin was sagging more, there were huge bags under his eyes. Apparently this effort to slim down has hit a little snag. I worry about the poor mans heart. He says he's not running, but will he even be around in four years? Obesity that severe kills people. I worry about him. All that anger, all that shouting, he's got to have some pretty severe hypertension. I'd like to have a look at the numbers on his triglycerides."

Since you are not a doctor...or a psychologist...what gives you the right to worry about a man that you don't even know?

I don't think you really "worry" about Christie, even a little bit.

Posted by: member8

Posted by: letscheck | March 1, 2011 3:12 AM | Report abuse

Chris Christie for president!

Posted by: ams1986 | March 1, 2011 2:20 PM | Report abuse

I was employed with the N.J. casino industry for 8 years. Many jobs there have been replaced by machines. My question is this..wasn't that the original intent of having casinos in Atlantic City? Meanwhile the casino continue to expand while their workforce shrinks. Go into any casino and you will see more foreigners working there. Wasn't they suppose to generate more jobs & money for New Jersey?

Posted by: commonsense89 | March 3, 2011 8:12 PM | Report abuse