Ten Celebrities who managed to appear on Sesame Street without excessive cleavage
The statement from Sesame Street reads: "Sesame Street has a long history of working with celebrities across all genres, including athletes, actors, musicians and artists. Sesame Street has always been written on two levels, for the child and adult. We use parodies and celebrity segments to interest adults in the show because we know that a child learns best when co-viewing with a parent or care-giver. We also value our viewer's opinions and particularly those of parents. In light of the feedback we've received on the Katy Perry music video which was released on You Tube only, we have decided we will not air the segment on the television broadcast of Sesame Street, which is aimed at preschoolers. Katy Perry fans will still be able to view the video on You Tube."
In honor of the two levels, here's a countdown of celebrities who -- unlike Katy Perry -- managed to appear on SS without a questionable level of cleavage.
10. Jason Bateman
9. Robert DeNiro. But he does manage to display his range! Watch for him to say "Hey! Look at me! I'm a cabbage. Good source of Riboflavin."
8. A hilarious Ricky Gervais.
7. Natalie Portman. She might even go a little bit overboard in the "Definitely No Cleavage" area.
6. The Backstreet Boys...
5. Julia Roberts
4. Destiny's Child -- and that includes Beyonce!
3. Jason Mraz
2. Andrea Bocelli
1. Chris Brown... not that this prevented his segment from being pulled.
| September 23, 2010; 12:57 PM ET
Tags: Alexandra Petri
Save & Share: Previous: Katy Perry's Elmo duet on Sesame Street -- a revealing moment
Next: Chambliss office admits gay slur; Chris Christie squashes heckler; Palin wants to shoot Democrats