Tweezerman: A Humble Catch

Uh-oh, is Tweezerman flip-flopping so soon in the game?

Worried that his initial comment might make him seem "arrogant," Tweezerman, the newest name in the 2008 presidential field, is seeking to clarify a statement he made to the Sleuth in his first major media interview about his bid for the White House.

Tweezerman, whose real name is Dal LaMagna but who embraces - in fact, even coined - his nickname, took issue with a quote attributed to him about marriage.

Being divorced and single, LaMagna, an amiable, down-to-earth peace activist and multi-millionaire, acknowledged that his single status could be a factor with the voting public. He told the Sleuth in an interview yesterday: "If I become president, there are women who I know in my life who - if Americans wanted me to have a wife - would be happy to marry me."

Well, he was fit to be tied when he read the quote, hence his email to the Sleuth with the subject line "Thanks for getting me in trouble with every ex-girlfriend."

Later, in a very cordial telephone conversation with the Sleuth, Tweezerman said what he really "intended" to say was that if Americans insist there be a Mrs. Tweezerman (if they don't want another James Buchanan in the White House) and they demand President Tweezerman take a first lady, "There are women in my life who I would be happy to marry."

In other words, to any ex-girlfriend or female acquaintance of Tweezerman who may have taken offense:

He would be equally as delighted to marry you as you would be to marry him.

He is not suggesting it would be you who would be lucky. It would be his great fortune, as well, to join you in matrimony.

So, ladies, if Dal LaMagna becomes a serious contender and any of you are contacted by a snarky reporter asking "Are you one of the women who would be so happy to marry Tweezerman?" please remember: Tweezerman would be happy to marry you, as well.

By Mary Ann Akers  |  May 16, 2007; 12:26 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Another Dark Horse Joins the '08 Dem Field
Next: Do Tell: A Talk With the Senate's Lone Socialist

Comments

Is this all a ploy to get back together with an old ex?

Posted by: will c | May 16, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

why am i being freezed out of commenting in the white house briefing section anybody else experiencing this selective 'comment' availabilty?

Posted by: domga | May 16, 2007 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Thank you for your considerate and careful attention to these very delicate details in which, doubtless, no devil is to be found.

Posted by: uzeromay | May 16, 2007 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Remind me again why this is newsworthy?

Posted by: cab91 | May 16, 2007 9:10 PM | Report abuse

I remember this lunatic when I attended the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard a few years ago. He was responsible for countless moronic ravings sent out to all students over the school email system. I can't believe the WP would give him recognition to a total crackpot like this....

Posted by: KSGgrad | May 17, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

TO KSofG grad from Haaavahd. It is refereshing to see tht moronic e-mails are not restricted to morons who never attended KSG but perpetuated by those who call themselves grad.

Posted by: jake | May 17, 2007 1:38 PM | Report abuse

TO KSofG grad from Haaavahd. It is refreshing to see that moronic e-mails are not restricted to morons who never attended KSG but perpetuated by those who call themselves grad. Perhaps I should have said refer-eshing, as was the and is the recreation of most residents of Haaavaaaaaaahd ......

Posted by: jake | May 17, 2007 1:40 PM | Report abuse

So Jake, are you a Harvard alum? I'm guessing no...?

Posted by: Tweezerman | May 18, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse