Mitt For Veep, Stopping Joggers In Their Tracks

The veep frenzy is getting crazier by the minute. One Sleuth informant this morning was certain he had cracked the mystery of who will become John McCain's running mate. The evidence was a big, glossy poster with Mitt Romney's face on it and the message "MITT FOR VEEP/McCain-Romney '08" being carried under the arm of one Ron Kaufman, the hotshot Washington lobbyist who served as a senior adviser to Romney's presidential campaign.

Romney for Veep
Signs of a 'Romney for Veep' Movement?

Our informant says he saw Kaufman walking to his car carrying "a couple of McCain-Romney '08 placards." Maybe he was on his way to McCain headquarters with the signs.

Actually, it was just one sign. "I stole it, to be honest," Kaufman tells the Sleuth.

The lobbyist was out jogging this morning and saw the "Mitt for Veep" sign posted on a lamppost at the corner of 6th Street SE and Pennsylvania Avenue.

"I was shocked," says Kaufman, who actually cost Romney some grief on the campaign trail after the former Massachusetts governor declared, "I don't have lobbyists running my campaign."

Kaufman liked the sign so much that he took it. "I said to myself, 'No one will believe I didn't make this.' But I'm innocent, for once," he told us by phone.

In small lettering along the side, the McCain-Romney sign touts the Web site MittforVeep.com, where -- for a mere two bucks -- you, too, can own a "Mitt for Veep" sign.

While Romney is actively campaigning today for the man who could choose him as a running mate, he continues to be coy about his prospects on the GOP ticket.

But you can imagine where Kaufman comes down on the issue.

"He'd be a great pick," Kaufman says, adding that McCain either needs to pick "a solid Republican who energizes the base" or someone who "reinforces McCain's brand as an independent Republican." And Romney, he says, "is a solid Republican who would energize the base."

Stay tuned to see whether Mitt will have that opportunity.

By Mary Ann Akers  |  August 4, 2008; 2:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rep. Blunt Offers Up Veep Pick Advice for McCain
Next: They're Baaaack... Swift Boat Veterans Take Aim At Obama

Comments

John McCain and a Mormon.... watch the floodgates open with respect to evangelicals rushing to support McCain. Those born-agains will absolutely show-up in November supporting this combo.

Posted by: AB68 | August 4, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

I thought to be a Christian you should act like a Cristian, the hate coming from the evangelicals has me scratching my head, Who is really the Christian?

Posted by: marv | August 4, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

I saw those same signs on K Street this morning. I went to the site and it has some neat Mitt For Veep Stuff.

Posted by: Steph | August 4, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

--------------------------
When a confessed liar says he is telling the truth "for once" can you believe them?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I love Romney. He's one of the very few out there with enough of a spine to tell the media about the issues for what they really are. Romney is difficult to swallow from so many angles; you can't bribe him, he already has money and is as clean as a whistle as far as his life and family goes, you can't discredit him, he's educated and speaks his mind regardless of what others think, you can't play him down because he's a proven success in the free market economy, management, and government. I'm beginning to more fully understand why evangelical leaders hate him (he won't be bought, bullied, or forced into their political interests), media hates him because he highlights the truth for what it really is, and Democrats hate him because he a legitmate, charismatic threat to their political agenda. These Romney hate groups then try to spin Romney as an opportunist and panderer! Ha! I'm 1000% behind Romney as VP. We need more men like Romney in Washington.

Posted by: Vala | August 4, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Moron-Mormon 08
A winner if ever I saw one...
HA!

Posted by: pj451 | August 4, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Hilarious Vala! I'm stealing that one.

Posted by: Adam | August 4, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Michigan Michigan Michigan
Romney Romney Romney
means 17 electoral votes for McCain.
Sean Hannity LOVES Him (that's worth millions of votes right there.)
Romney brings a great staff, family, fundraising, economic background, and tens of thousand Mormon votes in the West, especially CO, NV.
No one brings more to the ticket.
Romney handed McCain the nomination in Feb at C-PAC and McCain now needs him to win.

Posted by: Miracle | August 4, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

He was governor of my state for four years and nobody talked about his religion. Is it relevant in the least? Unless Mormons eat their young it's a non- issue

Posted by: Steve F | August 4, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

--------------------
I'm sure that's what Vitter's, Craig's and Foley's backers all said before they were caught with their pants down. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors with anyone.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Steve F.... you're from MASSACHUSETTS....you have gay marriage in your state. How did you think the evangelicals will take to Mormon Romney in Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Oklahoma?
Moron-Mormon '08 oh how Jerry Falwell somewhere in a boxed room in Heaven is shuddering at the idea a Mormon could be VP. It's a boxed room because Falwell can believe that his denomination is the only one that makes to Heaven.

Posted by: AB68 | August 4, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

He stole the sign? Who does that?

Posted by: Christian | August 4, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Romney could be a real liability for McCain on several fronts even though he looks good, speaks well and has nice hair. Aside from some evangelicals having serious reservations about a Mormon, everyone witnessed Romney and McCain attack one another viciously during the Republican primaries.Plus Obama modeled his health plan after Massachusetts' effort. So when McCain attacks the Democratic presidential candidate's health care plan -- as he regularly does -- he's implicitly attacking Romney as well. Worst of all, back in December of '07 a 77 page Powerpoint blueprint was leaked to the press from the Romney campaign. In that document, the campaign assessed McCain as "too Washington," "too close to [Democratic] Left," an "uncertain, erratic, unreliable leader in uncertain times." "Does he fit The Big Chair?" the document asks? The plan raises questions about whether McCain could handle the rigors of leading the free world. All of this could come back and haunt the duo if they were the Republican team. Most assuredly this provides lots of fodder for a left-leaning 527 ad once the real election begins after the conventions.

Posted by: Daisy77 | August 4, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Here's a thought for the McCain advisors:

In 2002, Mitt Romney led the Winter Olympics out of scandal and debt to success and surplus revenue and he donated his salary. Romney was raised with core values that naturally breed success and everything in his character illustrates his desire to serve the greater good and not self interests. His father instilled those values and Mr. Romney carries the torch to his progenitors. The jealousy and resentment for anyone who formulates honest success in this country runs rampant. It continues to amaze me how true integrity can be painted with such a flippant-dubiousness brush as something else so easily. Most people view the world through the glasses of their own paradigm and, unfortunately few understand what motivates Mitt Romney until they possess such altruism themselves.

Mitt Romney is the right choice for John McCain as Vice President.

Here's a possibility worth considering: I understand that Romney plans to attend the Summer Olympics in China. What better time for McCain to announce Romney as his Vice Presidential choice. Media will push for interviews that, if granted, Romney will probably acknowledge the nod and, with grace, turn the focus back to the importance of the Games that he knows all too well.
It would be a correlating announcement with worldwide interest and a very appropriate answer to Obama's Public Relations tour.

Posted by: Kelly Warnick | August 4, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Mitt is a great guy, but the wrong guy for the VEEP position. Look, Evangelicals ( not all of them mind you ) have a deep hatred for Mormons. There is no 2 ways about it. Romney would keep the evangelical vote home, which is the only Block that could swing MCCAIN to victory.

If predjudice and ignorance were not in play he would make a great candidate, unfortunatly those two parts of human nature are in play, ergo he's out.

Just because of a mans religion... Doesn't matter the color of one's skin any more, now it is thier religion instead ( very sad )

Posted by: Forrest | August 4, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Romney should be the Republican candidate but now at least he should be the VP. I saw him this morning on the talk news shows and he expresses his knowledge of the economy so clearly and with such clarity that it is obvious that he knows what he is talking about and it all makes so much sense to the "average joe." Romney would have Obama pausing and fumbling all over himself if the two of those could just have a debate. Romney would be a great asset to McCain so lets hope McCain is not to stubborn to pick the obvious choice.

Posted by: MK in Arizona | August 4, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Vala,
I don't know what Mitt Romeny you are talking about. The one that ran for president is a big weasel that still to this day no one knows which side of an issue he stands on!

That isn't just me talking it John McCain saying that!!!!

Posted by: SteelWheel1 | August 4, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Fawell's in heaven? Now that's a laugh.

Posted by: Chris | August 4, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

MK in Arizona wrote:

------------------------------------------

Romney couldn't handle McCain in the Primary debates! And McCain can't even speak without a teleprompter! And now you think Romeney will be able to compete with Obama! Give me a break! OBama will mop Mccain & Romeny together all over the floor by himself!

Posted by: SteelWheel1 | August 4, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Holy Crap! Do they not even try to hide their bigotry anymore? Just a little bit? If I was a Mormon I'd be pissed. Geeze, I'm not even a Mormon and I'm pissed. What the crap is wrong with you people?

Posted by: Give it a rest, Mormon Haters! | August 4, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

His explanation is that he stole the sign. In other words: "I'm not a liar, I'm a thief!" Yes, and did anyone mention that you are a Republican?

Posted by: Missilier | August 4, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Evangelicals need to calm their little asses down already. They act like the American family is going to come to a screeching halt and God will die if Mitt ever amounts to anything. No social issue matters for anything. Abortion never put a dent in my wallet, nor did gay adoptions. I do not support them at all but seriously when did a social issue ever matter? What we need is a strong economic and military leader in this country, and religion doesnt influence that at all. Mitt has what it takes and mormon haters out there need to wise up and realize that its self righteous idiots like themselves who are driving this country downward.

Posted by: Pull your bible out of your ass | August 4, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

It's quite interesting to read the various opinions... but the truth of the matter is simple. Things as they were, as they are, and as they shall be. It's gotta be McCain and Romney. I don't see anything different from the past, the present or the future.

Huh?

Posted by: Mike Williams - La Palma, CA | August 4, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Why is this a news story? Every time a lobbyist passes gas we need to know about it?

Posted by: Huh? | August 4, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Romney for Vice President - the Olive Oil people will be delighted by the chance to have their hair care products on display for all America for another few months!!

Posted by: ffeineandsugar | August 4, 2008 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Yes their are still some evangelicals who are still completely ignorant about the Mormon church.I was one for years.When I finally realized I had bought into all those goofy stories that were far from the truth,I felt foolish and bigoted.When I discovered the Mormon church organized the first Christian womens group in the US,
I was impressed.I eventually joined this Mormon chuch and have never looked back.When an evangelical relative,who has since joined,ask me if the Mormons believe in Jesus,I laughed and said, do you realize the name of the Mormon church is... The church of Jesus Christ????

Posted by: Harve | August 4, 2008 10:56 PM | Report abuse

I went to New Hampshire this fall to listen to and meet the candidates in the primary.I was most impressed with Romney.He had such a confident presence.His ideas, some of which were never heard on camera,are sound, futuristic, and exciting.His buisness sense seems to be he is conservative yet open minded for contemporary ideas. He listens to the youth,because not only does he have some intelligent enthusisastic adult children,he also comes from a church that nationwide trains their youth to be educated leaders of their communities.He is exciting,but unlike Obama, Mitt has substantce.

Posted by: Barbara | August 4, 2008 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Mitt is a force to be reckoned with. The Dems and certain frightened repubs know that and they are afraid, very afraid. He would be a great VP as he is a great man. Does McCain realize what a huge asset he is? I doubt it, but I certainly hope so, because, if he doesn't choose Mitt, I am afraid he will lose this election. Over 100,000 people have voted on an aol poll and right at 64% have chosen Mitt. That ought to count for something. McCain really ought to listen to the message being sent. I pray he does.

Posted by: KaRon | August 4, 2008 11:18 PM | Report abuse

My book is entitled, Mitt, Set our People Free. It is a funny, informative memoir abuout my former BYU Cougar brother and the Great American Cult(Chapter 8). It will entertain you and open your eyes about the Mormons and Mitt Romney. Get it on Amazon.

Posted by: Mike Moody | August 4, 2008 11:43 PM | Report abuse

A McCain/Romney ticket will have every possible stance on every possible issue pleasing every possible constituency covered.

And if not this week, wait a couple days.

I love this idea. The Pander King and the Man Who Out-flip-flops-John-Kerry. Please, please, please we can only hope for such an inspired pick.

Posted by: Christian in NYC | August 4, 2008 11:47 PM | Report abuse

I think Mitt Romney is terrific and would be an awesome VP. He has the intelligence, integrity, and ability to be a great VP and a strong support to McCain. No one else even comes close.

I want one of the campaign stickers: Mitt for Veep - McCain/Romney 08

Posted by: kc | August 4, 2008 11:52 PM | Report abuse

"No one knows what goes on behind closed doors with anyone."

umm... i do know what goes on behind closed doors. my sister just spent the week with him at a family reunion. i know him personally. he is a great man. he is exactly what our country needs. i know this because he is my uncle. i know he is the real deal. and dont try telling me that i dont really know, because i know better that most of you.

Posted by: Joshua D. | August 5, 2008 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps they should hire an actor to play Mitt Romney since Mitt Romney isn't very convincing in the role.
Just a friendly suggestion from the left.

Posted by: dijetlo | August 5, 2008 12:39 AM | Report abuse

>>Sean Hannity LOVES Him (that's worth millions of votes right there.)

Do you really think the people listening to Hannity were considering voting for Obama?
It's a self selecting sample, the question is how many people does Ken appeal too outside of the Republican faithful? How many votes does he add.
Would he really fire up the evangelical base and help McCain with turnout? Is their data to suggest this? Is the bump enough to make the 51% President? His crossover appeal is on a par with Al Frankens and it's unlikely a name from a generation ago will deliver Michigan so if he doesn't insure good numbers from the religious right, why are we talking about him?

Posted by: dijetlo | August 5, 2008 12:55 AM | Report abuse

Romney is the competent choice. Anyone else will show McCain is more about appearances than substance.

Posted by: Steven Rinehart | August 5, 2008 1:14 AM | Report abuse

Helllooo - Why is this a story? Good grief.

Posted by: Rebecca | August 5, 2008 1:17 AM | Report abuse

Romney would be a very good choise.Now more than ever the economy needs to be stronger than ever.Drilling for oil and building new refineries is exactly what the economy needs.Romney can help tremendously in that respect .Economics is what he does best.Machine shops ,trucking ,enigineers ,welders ,pipe fitters ,steel workers ,and many more not listed would benefit greatly from drilling.Oh thats right the dems want to keep little guys little guys.My bad.

Posted by: Imarkex | August 5, 2008 1:48 AM | Report abuse

Well I am sadly not surprised by some of the things that are written about Mitt Romney. But really the Craziness that comes from the far left is just that- They are Crazy. Really if we want to fix problems we need to put someone in the seat that has experience. As far as a VP Mitt Romney is the only choice out there. Mitt has faced difficult situations before and has solved them in the real word. He is the only REAL executive that been mentioned.

As far as the comment of "Romney not being able to handle McCain in the debates"???? Did you watch the debates? I can only conclude sadly that you did not. Romney CLEARLY won all the debates, Obamma is the one who did poorly. He couldn't even fair well against Hillary. I can only hope that Obama would be foolish enough to go toe to toe against Romney. Or better yet, choose Hillary and have her debate him. He would run Circles around them both. There isn't a Demo out there that really does well on their feet. They all stumble and fumble. Obama only speaks in front of friendly crowds. Kinda like his Pastor Rev, Wright. Bring on the debates, stop running Demos. I hope that America will wake up and see really what we need.

Mitt is best choice for VP. And McCain would be very foolish to not choose him.

Posted by: NSly | August 5, 2008 2:53 AM | Report abuse

How is Romney a good choice? Someone commented about having leaders with strong military backgrounds...his military background is as "strong" as Bush, i.e., it's non-existent. As a person of color, and having attended college in Nevada (and had many conversations with mormons) I still question Romney's attendance, for so many years, and never questioned their treatment of women or black people. Yes, it matters to me and it bothers me. What kind of man is he, I don't care about his business sense, that does not always translate into being able to lead a country or run the business of the country. He is posturing, jumping up and down indicating "pick me, pick me" by his snide, rude and uninformed comments about Sen. Obama. He is pushing the "we should drill" mantra when (listen up to the truth people) we would not see the results for 10-20 years (meaning..gas prices will not go down) AND when/if they start producing, most of the oil will be sold on the open market, JUST LIKE IT IS NOW and India and China will be the major buyers. Take off your rosy glasses, stop taking the anti-depressants, and join the rest of us in the real world.

Posted by: mykul | August 5, 2008 6:39 AM | Report abuse

Well said Vala!!!!!

Posted by: Susan | August 5, 2008 6:55 AM | Report abuse

Forrest, It is a sad day for evangelicals. It appears that they have lost their way.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 7:15 AM | Report abuse

It is sad that if Mitt were any other religion, he would have skated through the primary because he was the best candidate. Instead religous bigotry has given us political deja vu with Dole 96 all over again. If the Pope wrote an open letter to McCain telling him not to choose a certain candidate, everyone would be up in arms, and yet a small group of ministers think it is okay for them to dictate the parties direction. The majority of Republicans I talk to were for Romney and are still wondering how we got McCain. The support among Republicans in our state is so poor, we can't even pay people to volunteer.

Posted by: GOPer | August 5, 2008 8:38 AM | Report abuse

In addition to being impressed by Mitt's business background, I was deeply moved by his statement last February: "If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, I feel I must now stand aside, for our party and for our country." (See

There will be those who call that a political move, but to me it was an illustration of his genuine interest in the good of our people.

Posted by: dawaija | August 5, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Mitt for VP...are you stupid..

Throw the Catholic and Southern vote
under the bus..Hannity like Chuck Norris have the insight of a wet paper bag..

Posted by: BJ, CA | August 5, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

I've always believed that the best source of information about anyone is to go to the source. To learn about Mitt Romney, go to his site. To learn about the Mormon faith, go to mormon.org.

Of course each entity will try to play up their strengths, but I'd rather believe that then someone else trying to play up their weaknesses.

Go to the source.

Posted by: dwaynej | August 5, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

A lot of evangelicals like myself will be flocking to the polls and to contribute money to the McCain campaign if John picks Mitt as his veep.

Love the way Mitt lives his life.

He is a mature Christian and I believe the best veep in our history.

Mitt is certainly heads and toes more qualifed then "the one", Obama who has to be the most "unqualified" person to ever run for Commader-in-Chief.

Posted by: Allen Ridge | August 5, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Romney is CRAZY!!!! LUNI!!!! OFF HIS ROCKER!!! ELVATOR STOPS HALF WAY!!! GOTS SOME SCREWS LOOSE!!!! HE'S TWO CARDS SHORT OF A FULL DECK!!!! In essence, ROMNEY IS A JOKE!!!!!!!

Posted by: Tracy | August 5, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I love Romney , listen to him when he is speaking for MCCAIN, he is great, he tackles the issues on the economy better then anyone I have heard, I will never forget the OLYMPICS he saved, he took over when it was in shambles here in the USA, they had fired all the people who were running it, and it ended up being so successful, if you liberals would be honest you would remember how well it was here, I remember him speaking and I was so impressed, this is when I didn't even know if he was a democrat or republican and did not care, just knew what he did was great and all the media and press thought so too.what makes me mad is all these evangelicals and I mean only some of them that do not want him at all because he is MORMON, I say who cares, I am a Catholic and it should not have anything to do with him being VP, they want Huckabee who was a minister and who hates ROMNEY, now that is real Christian isn't it, they warn MCCAIN not to pick him. Romney does not have many wives, only one, and is not like that radical group here in Texas. He is good on the economy, if anyone could bring back this economy it sure is him, and all these people on the left who bash him, typical jealousy of someone who made alot of money with his brains,so they hate him for it, unlike hillary who is asking people to donate to help pay off her debts, he paid all his campaign debts off himself, did not try to ask his supporters to pay it off, now do you really think hillary is so poor that she cannot pay her own debts???? now what does that say about the two of them, MCCAIN PICK ROMNEY!!!!!!

Posted by: sandra | August 5, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

If we can not say anything about Barack Obama's race, wife, background for fear of being called racists - bigots, etc., why is it that people can denigrate Mitt Romney's religion and get away with it.
Come on - evangelicals, atheist, so-called Christians - give the guy a break! He actually practices what he preaches! Can you say that about yourselves??? MITT ROMNEY IS THE MAN....

Posted by: Marlene Saad | August 5, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

If we can not say anything about Barack Obama's race, wife, background or we will be called racists - bigots, etc., why is it that people can denigrate Mitt Romney's religion and get away with it.

Posted by: Marlene Saad | August 5, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Mitt and VP:

This comment made late by a repair on the track of The Sleuth.
The article was about nothing: a MEOW gossip piece. I keep getting
confused by the what a Sleuth is all about, since I am somehow
expecting a Sherlock Homes-like report of a detective's findings.

I would expect that probationary detective Mary Akers would slip
into a pair of working shoes, reach the front lines and ask the two
adversaries, McCain and Obama, what they will do immediately, to
reduce the price of home heating fuel. Obviously the public is being
taxed extravagantly by Pelozi and Reid's numbness to the issue,
because their ego is stuck in the past.

Probationary Detective Akers may balk at the assignment because she
sees no crime. Thus her title may have been misapplied, and really have
meant to have been, appropriately, The Slouch. What do you think?

Posted by: 3rd-Party Advocate | August 6, 2008 7:44 PM | Report abuse

So he would have McCain choose his prospective second-in-command to "energize the base" (whatever that means), or as part of a branding exercise.

McCain is about to turn 72 years old. There is a nontrivial chance he won't live to see the end of his term, and Kaufman (and, presumably others) would have McCain choose a running mate and possible replacement for the seat in the most powerful political office in the world as part of a branding exercise? Well, then Romney is the man -- he is the epitome of style over substance. Why not focus on substance, rather than a candidate who would require less marketing to make an impact?

On the "substance", here is what we know:

He doesn't support gay marriage or civil unions, he supported the invasion of Iraq and the escalation (aka the "surge"), he advocated eliminating the estate tax, and supports the death penalty, charter schools, and "enhanced interrogation techniques" (aka torture, although he chooses not to define it as such). While governor of Massachusetts, Romney funded abstinence education over family planning and abortion services.

But then, if the big money funding the candidates really cared about substance, why would they have chosen McCain in the first place...?

Posted by: NYVegan | August 6, 2008 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Mitt Romney is uniquely qualified to tackle our country's economic and fiscal issues: devaluation of the dollar, out-of-control spending, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. Mitt has turned around companies (Staples, Home Depot, etc.), the Olympics, and the State of Massachusetts. When you add to that conservative social values, and an exemplary personal and family life - - He's the best choice for McCain’s Number Two.

Mitt Romney has the right qualifications (the only one with non-governmental (Bain, Olympics) leadership experience, a deep-seated faith, a vision for this country's future, and an exemplary personal and family life. He won most of the GOP debates.

Mitt has the organizational skills to help MCain run a campaign in the general election and run the country. Obama has never even run a lemonade stand. Mitt would appeal to the Independents and some Democrats for his unique qualifications in these times of economic uncertainty.

Posted by: Mitt for V.P. | August 6, 2008 11:58 PM | Report abuse

To all those born-again, mormon-hating church goers out there (can't call them Christians, because they do not act like Christians), read your own bible. "By their fruits ye shall know them". Look at Mitt Romney's life and then honestly look at your own life. Who is the better Christian? If born-agains stay home in November because of their own ignorance then they deserve to have Obama as their president. And when Obama's socialist agenga comes out, guess who he is coming after first? Yep you guessed it, all you born-agains that stayed home because of a "Mormon".

Posted by: Colorado Conservative | August 7, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

...This man is a hypocrate...he only has 1 wife.......he must be trying to score some points with McCaint.....

McCaint rewarding anyone who makes negative remarks about Mr Obama and positive ones about McCaint......The "point" system...."revealed"

500 Points...a shirt
2000 Points a coffee cup
10000 Points a signed book
100000 points a signed picture
1000000 points a ride on his "Straight Talk" Bus
10000000 points a ride on his "Straight Talk" Airplane
100000000 points a front row seat at the RNC/GOP convention
1000000000 points Vice President of the United States....

Pathetic, Sad, & Laughable.....

These RNC/GOP card holders must take hot showers to remove the elephant crap from their sickly bodies.....

Posted by: AlexP1 | August 8, 2008 8:09 AM | Report abuse

I think many of you are selling the Evangelicals way too short. Despite their misgivings of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Evangelicals certainly know the perils of an Obama Presidency. They would never be so crazy-hate filled that they would 'give it up' to the far left, just because they don't care for Mormons. Evangelicals and Mormons may have theological differences, but their core values are very much the same. And those Mormons who are Republicans are some of the most conservative of all. If this country were lucky enough to have Mitt Romney as VP, I predict that for 4 years he will not mention his religion (unless pressed to do so by other), but rather we will see one of the hardest working, honest, and patriotic public servants there has ever been.
But I honestly don't think we will be that lucky, because John McCain is a politician, and is very aware of the hate filled attitudes some Americans have, many of which have been expressed here, and would not risk it with Mitt Romney. Our loss.

Posted by: Dean T. | August 8, 2008 6:45 PM | Report abuse