A Match Made in Heaven

Perhaps the first step in solving Italy's problems...

:-)

By Steve Goff  |  February 20, 2007; 2:42 PM ET
Categories:  World
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: They're Eagles and They're Screamin'
Next: Predictions!

Comments

Alright, I'll be the ass.

I'm guessing that sideline Ball Boys would be a bad idea at this event.

tee hee

Posted by: Bryan76 | February 20, 2007 3:07 PM | Report abuse

I can imagine the trash-talking: "Hey Father Flanagan. Your mom confessed to me last night. Three times!"

Oh, and would a red card mean ex-communication?

Posted by: Dave Lifton | February 20, 2007 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Joe | February 20, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Instead of cards, should the referee carry holy water and a crucifix? And if someone were to receive a straight red-card, why not carry out an exorcism on the sidelines! And the pre-game prayers for each team should be interesting. Finally, if any of the teams get into brawls or are accused of match-fixing, then we'll know it has something to do with being in Italy.

Posted by: Joe | February 20, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

I dont know... they may be more rough than the regulars

Posted by: Internet Fan | February 20, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I hear the priests are having a hard time with set pieces...too many hand balls.

Posted by: Jesus H. Rabinowitz | February 20, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

You asked for it Steve.

Posted by: :::::: | February 20, 2007 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Thia really is the perfect fix, because God knows, there's absolutely no corruption in the Vatican.

Posted by: sb | February 21, 2007 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Father Zizou: if you really want my shirt, I'll give it to you afterwards

Bishop Materazzi: I'd rather have your altar boy.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Gives a whole new meaning to that footie tee-shirt: "Jesus Saves!"

Posted by: ABitOffsides | February 21, 2007 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Gives a whole new meaning to that footie tee-shirt: "Jesus Saves!"

Posted by: ABitOffsides | February 21, 2007 8:41 PM | Report abuse