Eat Your Vegetables!

Check out this bizarre story from England.

And then watch this comical, semi-related video (caution: some of the language may be inappropriate for sensitive ears). Keep an eye on the main TV host's response with about 35 seconds left in the clip.

By Steve Goff  |  March 27, 2007; 7:00 PM ET
Categories:  World
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What's New?
Next: DCU 3, Tecos Reserves 0

Comments

So, by cleverly disguising the profanity, so as not to run afoul of the blog's rules, could someone please write out the lyrics of that celery song Chelsea supporters sing?

I've not heard a song that combines celery with a certain sexual act before.

Posted by: seahawkdad | March 27, 2007 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Celery, eh? Crisp, fresh celery or flaccid celery like that that has been in my fridge too long? Celery with peanut butter?

Seems like an odd choice of vegetable to "throw for two decades." And certainly an odd one for which to be arrested.

I am intrigued by the unprintable celery song however. Perhaps the Barra Brava can think of something to sing about the rutebaga.

Posted by: delante | March 27, 2007 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Call any vegetable....
And the chances are good.....
That the vegetable will respond to you.

Posted by: Winoman | March 27, 2007 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Just do a google search on Chelsea, celery and songs -- and you'll see the lyrics...

Posted by: Goff | March 27, 2007 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Goffinho,
Any word on the Teco game today?

Posted by: JMR | March 27, 2007 8:43 PM | Report abuse

It's tomorrow.

Posted by: Goff | March 27, 2007 8:46 PM | Report abuse

You're not on Texas time anymore...

"We play Tecos on Tuesday so that should be a great game for us." from BobbyBoswell.com

Posted by: NW FC | March 27, 2007 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Celery, Celery
If she don't come
I'll tickle her bum
with a lump of celery

Posted by: Eric | March 27, 2007 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Unless they changed the game, DCU is scheduled to play Tecos Wednesday.

Posted by: Goff | March 27, 2007 11:38 PM | Report abuse

SG, do you think you could teach Bobby how to get his facts straight? ;)

Posted by: JMR | March 28, 2007 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Maybe the veggie trays at Stamford Bridge aren't worth eating. And maybe, if the English ate the celery and threw the meat pies instead, their dental and cardiovascular health would improve.

Makes me wonder what the Central Americans sing when they throw bags of...

Posted by: I-270 Exit 1 | March 28, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

""Makes me wonder what the Central Americans sing when they throw bags of...""

I'll take a stab--translated to the English, of course--. . . starts with . . . f, rhymes with ring and ends with gringo?

Posted by: delant | March 28, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Starting line up for tonight's match in Frisco?

Keller
Spector, DeMerit, Conrad, Simek
Beasley, Feilhaber, Bradley, Dempsey
Johnson (why I don't know), Donovan (because Bradley really just needs to win)

Posted by: delant | March 28, 2007 9:41 AM | Report abuse

What happened to Josh Wolff? Did he retire from international play after going to Germany? Is he injured? Does he not get along with his old Fire coach? Granted he doesn't score much, but I didn't expect him to drop out of the pool.

Posted by: I-270 Exit 1 | March 28, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Wolff is garbage. I hope he seeks citizenship for some other country. A total waste of pretty good talent. He seems to always put himself in position to do something productive, but manages to screw it up somehow.

Posted by: CY | March 28, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Wolff is playing for 2Bundesliga German squad 1860 Munich (with Berhalter).

He's gotten some decent match time apparently, but may even be hurt now---nothing too serious. I'd imagine he might get a look this summer for the Copa/Gold Cup.

Posted by: del | March 28, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse