Beware of Moose

DCU's Justin Moose was taken to the hospital after getting kicked in the face by Facundo Erpen while going for a header in the box during training today. "Total accident," one trustworthy eyewitness reports. Moose is expected to be available for this weekend's league match and reserve game in Columbus.

Begin snarky comments in three...two...one.........

By Steve Goff  |  April 25, 2007; 2:05 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Herron Update (and Others)
Next: This Is How You Counterattack

Comments

It's Erpen's fault!!!

Posted by: Dave the Wave | April 25, 2007 2:17 PM | Report abuse

That'll be the last time Moose questions Erpen's high kicking ability.

Posted by: James | April 25, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Erpen's just looking for more ways to ruin this season

/sky is falling snark

Posted by: Kev | April 25, 2007 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Is it funnier to make an "Erpen sucks" joke, or a "back to hospital" joke? The mind wobbles.

Posted by: Logan Circle | April 25, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Obligatory question - Correct to assume Erpen was attempting to clear via bicycle? The spazz even plays like that in practice. The hope for him to calm down and play a bit more in control is still a serious issue.

Posted by: Henchlow | April 25, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Here's one:

"Let's paint Moose's face on the ball at the next game. Erpen will be a brick wall!"

Nyuk.

Posted by: Logan Circle | April 25, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

So is this Erpfu's way of making sure he's in the starting line up on Saturday?

(Joking people...)

Hopefully Moose is ok and is able to make the trip out to Cowlumbus.

Posted by: DCFan | April 25, 2007 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it.

Posted by: Henry David Thoreau via Leesburg | April 25, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

If this is soehn's new aproach to our defensive woes, I just want to say:

1. don't fully commit in practice.
2. Herron will be available in a trade shortly.
3. I like it.

Posted by: DCAustinite | April 25, 2007 3:06 PM | Report abuse

The tooth is,
The tooth is LOOSE!

Posted by: EdTheRed | April 25, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I am sure that Erpen just slipped on the field.

Posted by: U13 Girls Coach | April 25, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

just one more reason why Slurpin' Erpen sucks.

Posted by: Boss T | April 25, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Funny, I always had it in my head as "Slerpen Erpen." But you're right.

Slurpin' Erpen!

Posted by: Logan Circle | April 25, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Another reason he sucks? Were you there to see the play? I recall John Terry catching a boot in tye face on a header that was all his fault. Soccer fans never cease to amaze me.

Posted by: Chico | April 25, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

In Facu's defense, Moose is only 2'5, so it probably wasn't even an attempt at a volley by Facu.

Posted by: AlecW81 | April 25, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Did Moose's head roll directly to the feet of an opposing player?

Posted by: Arrrlington | April 25, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Apparently Erpen's feet aren't ALWAYS cememented to the pitch.

Posted by: plc | April 25, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Erpen was just practicing those bicylce kicks he shows us once a game. If there was a Harlem Globetrotters of soccer, he'd be on it. I think he really believes one of this kicks is going to score from the defensive third of the field.

Anyone miss Stokes?

Posted by: Kenny | April 25, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Facundo:The Moose Slayer

Posted by: Kim | April 25, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Fall is coming to an end and winter is about to begin in Argnetina. In Erpen's mind, it's moose season.

Posted by: Craxy Al | April 25, 2007 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Defensive misques by any of our backline will never make me miss Stokes. Does anyone miss Thor Lee when we're not scoring? Come on.

Posted by: DCUinCT | April 25, 2007 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Comedy Channel is missing this entertainment - uh huh...

Posted by: JSF | April 25, 2007 6:33 PM | Report abuse

misque = not a word
miscue = a noun used extremely to often while talking about the play of Facundo "Slurpin" Erpen

Posted by: Kenny | April 25, 2007 8:37 PM | Report abuse

I like "misque." It's a combination of mis (something gone wrong) and que (Spanish for what) and sounds like "mistake". DCUin CT coined a term we can all use when referring to Erpen's misques.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | April 25, 2007 9:12 PM | Report abuse

I saw it happen, it wasn't a bicycle kick.

Pretty sure Moose broke his news.

Posted by: Goose | April 25, 2007 9:21 PM | Report abuse

err, broke his nose. This is what happens when I look at a different part of the page while I'm typing.

Posted by: Goose | April 25, 2007 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Goose:

And you are?

SG

Posted by: Goff | April 25, 2007 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Totally off topic here, but I just saw this picture on Du Nord. Two things: First, these 5 scare the crap out of me. Second, as a proud Southerner, I get upset when we're characterized as rednecks. But take a look at the one on the right! Give him a straw hat and a banjo, and he's in a Burt Reynolds movie. Disgraceful.

Posted by: Grotus | April 26, 2007 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Steve, Goose is an aspiring journalist - he's got a news for nose. Or something like that.

Posted by: soccer nerd | April 26, 2007 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Ok, I'm kind of tired of the folks that don't get or can't understand Jujitsu Futbol, a martial art developed by our own Facu Erpen. I want everyone to be honest here. If you were about to get into a bar fight, would you not want Erpen there to back you up. Yes you might get a flying round house kick to the head ("Full Point") but.... the flying two footed bicycle kick that Facu would laying on your antagonists would more than make up for your minor concussion. Am I right? Am I right?

Posted by: Dan | April 26, 2007 9:03 AM | Report abuse

correction "would BE laying"

Posted by: Dan | April 26, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

I keep imagining this play in my mind, and no matter how many times I replay it, it ends with the ball in the net.

Posted by: Duke | April 26, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Goose is super DCU intern (do your bosses know you're posting here?) ;-p

K

Posted by: SEKim | April 26, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

They do now. Thanks, Kim.

Posted by: Goose | April 26, 2007 6:04 PM | Report abuse