In Case You Missed It.....

...here's DaMarcus Beasley's goal against Arsenal the other day. Nothing spectacular from the Man City American midfielder, just a cool one-touch finish, but Michael Johnson's final pass was clinical.

By Steve Goff  |  April 19, 2007; 9:27 AM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Two More Teams
Next: Messi Is, Um, Pretty Good

Comments

Full disclosure: DCU is my first team, but Arsenal is my Euro team.

Beasley played well in this game, and Eboue played like crap.

Question is, where does Beasley go next year? My friend who follows Man City says he isnt staying there, and I dont think PSV wants him back.

Arsenal needs a true winger, and Ribery may not be available. Would Beasley be a good fit at Emirates?

Posted by: the cheat | April 19, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Stuart Pearce's reaction is priceless.

Posted by: Colm | April 19, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

That goal was all Erpen's fault.

Posted by: Kim | April 19, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure Johnson didn't have a little luck on his side

Posted by: Anonymous | April 19, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

hilareous Kim.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 19, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Nice finish by Beasley, especially coming from the left foot.

Posted by: Dave the Wave | April 19, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

LOL Kim.

Posted by: Ash | April 19, 2007 2:27 PM | Report abuse

ARGHH!!! ERPEN!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 19, 2007 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Wish United had a winger like Beez.

Posted by: AlecW81 | April 19, 2007 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Erpen slipped again????

Seriously though, nice to see beasley get another goal. A strong finish could net him a nice contract with a good team. not that there's anything wrong with staying @ man City.....

Posted by: toddinho | April 19, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

DCU is obviously my first team, however Man City has long been my EPL team of choice. From what i've read, Pearce is giving Beasley these last few games to sell himself to the club. Looks like he's off to a strong start.

Posted by: Brava Rookie | April 20, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

As a Fire fan, I had the joy of seeing DMB when he was young. Man City is insane if they don't realize that he has more talent on the wing than just about anyone of their current squad.
I hope DMB plays lights out and goes to a club that REALLY wants him not the dog and pony show that is Man City. Maybe a move cross town is in order. ;)

Posted by: papa bear | April 20, 2007 7:21 PM | Report abuse