Terps Announce Schedule

In the fall of 2007, Maryland will play.....

Indiana, Notre Dame, West Virginia, George Mason, Old Dominion and Georgetown, among others. The Terps also have their grueling ACC schedule. Twelve of their 18 matches are at home, including nine of the final 10.

Click here for the full schedule.

Maryland will play its only spring exhibition home match Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. against St. John's. Admission is free.

By Steve Goff  |  April 23, 2007; 3:32 PM ET
Categories:  College Soccer
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Manic Monday at RFK
Next: A Few Items to Start the Day

Comments

Typical Maryland; they play 4 away games all year and two come in the first weekend. As everyone knows since 1999 Ludwig Field have been a fortress so look for the Terps in the Top Five all year.

Posted by: hank | April 23, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Regardless of where they happen, these are quality games. Add these 18 to a decent PDL team schedule and that's why Maryland is attracting and producing so many quality pros. Given all the inherent problems, I'm glad to see someone push through to make college soccer work.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2007 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Looks like 6 away games to me. I don't follow ACC soccer that closely and am surprised to see that 3 schools don't even field programs? Back on topic, I am amazed to see that of the 10 non-conference games only two are away. I guess it is just like bball. It's all about the money. The more powerful you are the less you have to play away. Somebody straighten me out here.

Posted by: JMR | April 24, 2007 5:47 AM | Report abuse

I don't know if MD can do things like offer "guarantee games" like football and basketball programs do. I do know that MD probably gets close to, if not the, best attendance for D1 soccer. There are often 5-6,000 fans at the big games, and with the reputation of the program, I guess this favors scheduling games at home. If you haven't been out to a game, check it out, it is a pretty good level of soccer, lots of fun, and not too expensive.

Posted by: tmc | April 24, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

We know that going on the road to play games is clearly against Maryland policy (Gary W.) but at least the Maryland soccer program is playing some quality opponents and not just lining up cupcakes to come into Ludwig.

Posted by: Todd H. | April 24, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Great Program. Taylor Twellman, Robbie Rogers, Maurice Edu, Chris Seitz, amongst many other quality players. It's great to have such a quality college program in our region.

Posted by: GO TERPS | April 24, 2007 12:28 PM | Report abuse