Accidental Header

Kilmarnock-Aberdeen last weekend.....brilliant!

By Steve Goff  |  May 1, 2007; 11:34 PM ET
Categories:  World
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Behind Closed Doors
Next: Greetings From RFK

Comments

hahaha nice

Posted by: antonio | May 1, 2007 11:53 PM | Report abuse

great video

Posted by: cooper | May 2, 2007 2:06 AM | Report abuse

Reminds me of a game back in around 1974, between the Washington Diplomats and, I think, either the New York Cosmos or the Tampa Bay Rowdies. Kurt Kuykendall, goalkeeper of the Washington Diplomats, mis-hit a punt into a really stiff headwind. The ball went straight up about twenty feet, with a mean backspin, and the wind caught the ball and blew it back over Kuykendall's head and into his own goal. If I recall correctly, it was the only (ownly?) goal the Diplomats got that day.

Posted by: Ron | May 2, 2007 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Who knew Brian Carroll was playing goalie in Scotland?

Posted by: soccer nerd | May 2, 2007 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Best part is that the only thing on the audio portion is "D'oh!"

Posted by: David | May 2, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

I recall Kasey Keller with a somewhat similar gaffe vs. Mexico. Took a goalie kick and drove it straight off of a Mexican player and into his own net.

Sucks to be the keeper in such cases....

Posted by: Borussia M. | May 2, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

It still doesn't beat Van der Sar's whiff-goal when he played for Fulham a few years back. One of his defenders played a back pass to him, he went to kick it away, totally whiffed it, and the ball crawled into the Fulham goal. Total Howler!

Posted by: Erick | May 2, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Or Paul Robinson's missed back pass...or Paul Robinson's goal kick goal over Ben Foster. It's been an entertaining year.

Posted by: Colm | May 2, 2007 11:35 AM | Report abuse

This reminds me of a tournament game I played in once. My team had the opening kickoff. We pass it back to the central midfielder who decides (who knows why) to "lob" the ball at the goalkeeper. It's a perfect shot and it goes right in. So we're down 1-0 on an own goal about 5 seconds into the match.

We did wind up winning 5-1. So I guess he was just spotting the team a goal.

Posted by: Kevin | May 2, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

That looks like he forgot if he was playing soccer or dodgeball. Im sure the "goal" scorer was pist that he got hit in the head like that but I think he will be alright since he scored the goal.

Posted by: Kenny | May 2, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Someone bothered to broadcast a Kilmarnok Aberdeen game?

Posted by: Twoste | May 2, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Facundo strikes again!

Posted by: Kim | May 2, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

A similar thing happened to me during an indoor match this winter. My keeper caught a shot, then went to quickly throw it over my shoulder as I ran the other way... unfortunately his aim was horrid, he pinged me in the head and the ball just slipped under the crossbar.

Posted by: AlecW81 | May 2, 2007 7:56 PM | Report abuse