Goats on the Move

The wildfires ravaging Southern California have impacted Chivas USA. The team just put out this notice:

CARSON, Calif. (Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2007) - Due to air quality conditions from the ongoing wildfires in Southern California, Chivas USA will depart tomorrow, one day early, for its MLS Cup Playoff game at Kansas City. Chivas USA faces the Kansas City Wizards in Game 1 of the teams' two-game Western Conference Semifinal Series this Saturday, Oct. 27 at 5:00 p.m. PT (7:00 p.m. CT) at Arrowhead Stadium.

By Steve Goff  |  October 24, 2007; 5:45 PM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Just a Quick Update
Next: United's Traveling Party

Comments

Goff, you feeling ok? You seem to be suffering from multiple posting disorder today... It's very stream of consciousness...

Posted by: LeesburgSoccerFan | October 24, 2007 6:00 PM | Report abuse

If Goff has multiple posting disorder, he probably contracted it from one of us.

Posted by: Section 410 | October 24, 2007 6:29 PM | Report abuse

MLS should make an offer to any displaced resident of Southern California: Show up at Arrowhead with a pictire ID from California and recieve free admission. Really pack the game like the one a few years back when the Chargers played in Arizona.

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: JayRockers! | October 24, 2007 6:36 PM | Report abuse

"Due to air quality conditions from the ongoing wildfires in Southern California, Chivas USA will depart tomorrow"

Since when did LA have good air quality conditions? I think this is just an excuse to hang out with the new cheerleaders for an extra day.

Posted by: Southeasterner | October 24, 2007 7:46 PM | Report abuse

my brother is going to the game in Chicago and he is taking his cousin who hasn't been to a game since he saw the Cosmos play. Any other United fans going to the game? Go United!!!!

I'm pumped for the game!!!!

Posted by: Atlanta | October 24, 2007 8:41 PM | Report abuse

There are at least 50 of us going from what I can put together. And I'm in a group bringing 4 Chicago newbies, but we're putting in United shirts and tickets are all together in 134.

Posted by: David | October 24, 2007 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Thx,

Jay!
---------------------------------

Send them to a Wizards game? Haven't these people suffered enough?

Posted by: Alexandria | October 24, 2007 9:19 PM | Report abuse

David,

Is there any transportation to the game from downtown, I don't have a car, any bars giving transportation, thanks,
Jared

Posted by: Jared | October 24, 2007 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Is it safe taking the train to the bus to toyota park? thanks

Posted by: jared | October 24, 2007 10:27 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of the KC/Chivas game, is anyone else having problems with the Comcast (can I say that word) digital cable in-Demand Direct Kick package? There are supposed to be four channels (#756-759) devoted to MLS Direct Kick, but only 758 and 759 come in. 756 and 757 are showing black screens. The problem is, that KC/Chivas and Dallas/Houston are scheduled for 756 and 757 this weekend. I'm concerned I may not get to see the games. As you can imagine, Comcast customer service has been clueless. Anyone having the same problems? Any advice? Does this have something to do with the recently added NBA channels? Thanks and go DCU...

Posted by: Restonite | October 25, 2007 9:03 AM | Report abuse

These fires are no joke. I'm 20 miles from the nearest fire and I have ashes on my car whenever I park outside.
I feel for the those people living in high school gyms.
As far as Chivas USA, with all the injuries we have, the last thing we need is to breathe that smoky air.

Posted by: East LA Chiva | October 25, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts are with you folks in East LA and elsewhere. I hope this business doesn't get so close to you that the HDC has to be pressed into service as a shelter.

Posted by: Section 410 | October 25, 2007 5:17 PM | Report abuse