Revolution Revelations

No Twellman, no Ralston, no Albright, no Thompson, not even a Larentowicz.

No worries.

The Revolution turned to its Gambian teenagers, Sainey Nyassi and Kenny Mansally, and a collection of other young players to hand host Kansas City its first loss, 3-1. Amaechi Igwe made his MLS debut at left back for the Revs, marking the first time three teenagers started for an MLS team since New York in October 2005 (Bradley, Gaven, Ward). Jack Jewsbury scored twice for the Wizards. Problem was, one was an own goal. Click here for the video.

*Houston was not as fortunate. Playing without several starters, playing on turf, playing in a hostile environment, playing against a more opportunistic club, the Dynamo exited the Champions' Cup with a 3-0 loss at Saprissa. Click here for the video.

*Want to relive DCU's win-loss against Pachuca? The highlights-lowlights are here.

*Congrats to the USA women for earning an Olympic berth with a 3-0 victory over Costa Rica. Canada is also going to China following a 1-0 win over host Mexico.

*Scandal in Hollywood! Beckham is ticketed! Call People! Call TMZ! Call Entertainment Tonight!

By Steve Goff  |  April 10, 2008; 10:48 AM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DCU-Pachuca Aftermath
Next: Broadcast News

Comments

Beckham is not a true superstar in American sports until the police find guns and drugs in his SUV :-)

Steve: any chance that dotcom will post additional match photos on the web? I'm sure Toni Sandys took more than one shot last night.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | April 10, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Houston was *without* several starters, not with, Steve.

Posted by: Tim | April 10, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

fixed

Posted by: Goff | April 10, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Actually, Houston was *with* several starts last night. Eleven of them.

Posted by: DE | April 10, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

OMG who was this goalkeeper for Houston!?!?! wow, Dynamo must be waiting for good old Onstad's return.

Posted by: ARLINGTON | April 10, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Duh...I meant startERs, not starts.

Posted by: DE | April 10, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

" Beckham is ticketed! "

DEPORT HIM

Posted by: Mastodon Juan | April 10, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Houston looked lost for long periods out there. I can at least be thankful that our guys went down swinging.

Question on the CCC vs CCL--FSC guys were talking about how CCC winner gets the invite to the FIFA club championship. What does this year's CCL winner get, and will they get the club championship slot after this year?

Posted by: Logan Circle | April 10, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I was in LA last week and didn't catch a glimpse of Beckham, his poor driving or his groupies. I did, however, see more Bentleys in one day than I've seen the last decade.

"Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license n' all that jive
I can't drive 55!"

Posted by: Joe Doc | April 10, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Logan Circle -

The CCL replaces the CCC, so the CCL winner will get the club championship slot. The CCL winner won't be determined until 2009 - the tournament will last twice as long as the CCC.

Posted by: Churchgoer w/ MD Plates | April 10, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Logan Circle | April 10, 2008 11:26 AM

I think that since the CCL ends when the then-non-existent CCC would normally end that the winner gets the 2009 Club World Cup

Posted by: laur | April 10, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

"I was in LA last week and didn't catch a glimpse of Beckham..."

I was there last month and didn't see him either. I don't think he's really in the US - Capricorn One

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | April 10, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

1) I can't believe I read that article on Beckham being ticketed for an illegal left turn.
b) I can't believe they actually interviewed an onlooker about Beckham being pulled over.
Milwaukee) I can't believe I can't believe the above

Posted by: sitruc | April 10, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Any video footage on the PK-that-never-was?

Posted by: FHS | April 10, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Does the MLS really need to import crap English goalkeepwers?

Posted by: Lloyd Heilbrunn | April 10, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Anyone see the MLC Kick feed of the rev Boston broadcast of the game during half time? Announcers didn't know their mikes and sometimes video were on during the long break and they spoke jokingly but candidly about how to refer to a Gambian player, Coach and Mariner, their own personal nick names, what Rev owners would say about using old graphics on air etc. Needless to say things were heard that were not for public consumption. Wonder if any pepercussions....Wonder if this will be edited from archived verson. Greg Lalas and company must be really embarassed today.

Posted by: soccerfan | April 10, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

re: soccerfan | April 10, 2008 11:58 AM

this happens with all MLS Kick online feeds....

its greeat insite into the world of sports tv

Posted by: Anonymous | April 10, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Houston has to be wishing it still had Wells to backup Onstad.

Posted by: BillyBob | April 10, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Houston has to be wishing it still had Wells to backup Onstad.

Posted by: BillyBob | April 10, 2008 12:12 PM

some of us in dc feel the same

Posted by: Anonymous | April 10, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Houston has to be wishing it still had Wells to backup Onstad.

Posted by: BillyBob | April 10, 2008 12:12 PM

some of us in dc feel the same

Posted by: | April 10, 2008 12:15 PM

You can't be serious. Go take your meds and shut up.

Posted by: Serious? | April 10, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Houston has to be wishing it still had Wells to backup Onstad.

Posted by: BillyBob | April 10, 2008 12:12 PM

some of us in dc feel the same

Posted by: | April 10, 2008 12:15 PM

Who in DC besides you?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 10, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | April 10, 2008 11:05 AM
______________________

I-270, Check here for match photos (some awesome shots!):

Posted by: apqjr | April 10, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Any idea how many of the 8,096 MLS claims were allegedly in attendance seemed to be in KC?

From TV, it seemed like 16,000 people were in the Barra Brava last night. Nice work for a mid-week game.

Posted by: AM | April 10, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

"I was in LA last week and didn't catch a glimpse of Beckham..."

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | April 10, 2008 11:42 AM

I live in So-Cal and have yet to see him or his muscially "talented" wife.

Posted by: Chief Clancy Wiggum | April 10, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Did Beckham say to the officer, "don't tase me, chap!"

Posted by: Hoost | April 10, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Thanks apqjr. How do you pronounce that, by the way. Or do people just call you "junior?

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | April 10, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse