Funny Conrad-Wizards Promo

By Steve Goff  |  May 15, 2008; 9:32 AM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Josh Gros's Transition Game
Next: DCU's Dizzying Status Report

Comments

there is nothing written!!!!!

Posted by: 135 | May 15, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

funny!!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

But any warm-blooded man would've gone for the hottie... just sayin'

Posted by: Soy United! | May 15, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

very well done.

too bad i still dislike the Wizards.

Posted by: DC | May 15, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Jimmy Conrad is a funny guy. Whatever happened to his column on ESPN or CNN-SI or wherever it was?

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | May 15, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Hilarious!!!

Posted by: $in | May 15, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Fans First!

All 6 of them.

Posted by: DCUinCT | May 15, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Hey, 6 isn't bad. Before Onalfo, it was just "fan first"

Posted by: ahelms | May 15, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Good day, just wanted to know where i can get some info about UNITED FANS and if there is a specific section @ HDC here in southern Cali, and if any attending the game this weekend?

Posted by: DCU FAN IN SOCAL | May 15, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Good ad. But I prefer the Six Flags commercials: "More flags! More fun! Six Flags!"

And they ask me why I drink...

Posted by: Joe Doc | May 15, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

He ravaged her afterwards like any gentleman would.

Posted by: Mark | May 15, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

And they ask me why I drink...

Posted by: Joe Doc | May 15, 2008 10:42 AM
===============

So don't ask me Hank
Why do you drink?
(audience: to get drunk)
why do you roll smoke?
(audience: to get stoned)
Why must you live out the songs that you wrote?
(audience: to get ...)

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | May 15, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I'm told the woman in the promo is Conrad's real-life wife.

Posted by: Goff | May 15, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

And they ask me why I drink...

Posted by: Joe Doc | May 15, 2008 10:42 AM

I like beer
It makes me a jolly good fellow!
I like beer
It helps me unwind
And sometimes it makes me feel mellow
(Makes him feel mellow!)
Whiskey's too rough
Champagne costs too much
And vodka puts my mouth in gear
Ah this little refrain
Will help me explain
As a matter of fact, I like beer
(He likes beer!)

Posted by: Tom T Hall | May 15, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

A lot of fun filming the commerical after one of our games (Houston game I believe). They asked us to stay around and had a sign ready to tell us to start chearing. They never really had to hold it up because we never never stopped singing for the 30 minutes it took to film.

Posted by: cashes | May 15, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

First Mrs Olsen, now Mrs Conrad. When am I going to be in an MLS advert? I'm tired of that one-line Fox Soccer Channel promo. I have so many outfits to show off. I can sing too.

Posted by: V.B, - Los Angeles, CA | May 15, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

A tv ad. What a novel concept. I wonder if Mr. Kraft would ever consider marketing the team at all...

Good commercial, too bad the song at the end is "K.C. Wiz." It's pretty hard to be taken seriously when you use the word wiz.

Posted by: Christopher | May 15, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Heh heh. Our favorite whipping boy, Marc Fissure, is taking a beating on his chat this afternoon (lots of people telling him he should have been forced to take the Post's buyout offer), but he did answer my question about PP:

JB: Any updates on the Poplar Point development?

Marc Fisher: Nothing new. I asked the mayor about this earlier this week and he said they're moving ahead and hope to resolve the D.C. United stadium issue "soon," whatever that means.

And so it goezzzzzzz...

Posted by: JB | May 15, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

DCU FAN IN SOCAL:

There's a forum on bigsoccer.com that talks about somewhere around 50 DCU supporter's heading out to the game saturday. I believe they are sitting in section 138, but the Chivas FO has changed it several times, so it could be anywhere. Last I heard, tix were $15, and they're tailgating in lot 4A.

Good luck, support the team well! I'd be there if I could, but I can't.

Posted by: ikickass | May 15, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

We need more ads like that. Awesome.

Posted by: David | May 15, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Anybody know if that's Conrad's real wife?

Posted by: Freddy | May 17, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse