Notes from Practice

A couple notes from practice today:

Marcelo Gallardo is out with a groin strain, which was aggravated in the win over L.A. on June 29, and Dominic Mediate is out with a concussion.

Also out are Jeff Carroll (toe surgery), Santino Quaranta (hamstring), Ben Olsen (ankle surgery) and Dan Stratford (knee surgery).

Gonzala Peralta is questionable with a groin injury and Quavas Kirk (hamstring) is probable.

Fred practiced and will be available for tomorrow night's match. "He's fine," United coach Tom Soehn said.

Clyde Simms was sporting a nice little scratch under his right eye from Tuesday night's game. "Just a scratch," he said as he walked out of the interview room.

I spoke with Marc Burch a bit about the whole Blanco situation. He said he didn't have much more to add and that the USSF will look at the tape and handle it from there. I asked him about how this will affect the rivalry between the two teams.

"I think this is really our rival," Burch said. "People say New York is but I feel like when we play Chicago it's a little heated. They've been knocking us out of tournaments and we finally got them out of one but they've been getting the better of us when it comes down to crunch time and I think this will really spark it up a little bit."

Burch said he isn't happy he was red-carded and will miss the semis, but that he doesn't regret protecting Simms.

"I was sticking up for my teammate and I don't regret sticking up for him," Burch said. "But that sucks that you have to sit out, I'm going to let my team down a little bit by not playing. But I felt at the time we needed it. Maybe we came together a little bit more for the next overtime to make sure we didn't get scored on. But you can't really regret anything you do."

Check the paper tomorrow (or washingtonpost.com late tonight) for Berman's preview on the game and, unless some late-night news breaks this will probably be my last blog post, so thanks for letting me hang with you on the blog this week while Goff vacationed.

By Paul Tenorio  |  July 11, 2008; 12:31 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Morning Kickaround
Next: Not So Super?

Comments

Thanks for filling in, Paul!

Posted by: Winoman | July 11, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Paul! You did great!

Posted by: apqjr | July 11, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Dude you did great!!
If Goff has another vacation.
You should be his back up for sure!

Posted by: Yeah | July 11, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Paul,

You did great.

The Insider Nation thanks you, and expresses the hope that you will drop in from time to time.

Posted by: Ron | July 11, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Cheers Paul, you did a great job.

Posted by: uranderson | July 11, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

hmmmm goff might have to look for a new job soon...

Posted by: derg | July 11, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

we now know Goff is semi-replaceable....hahaha...j/k...sort of... Great job Paul!

Posted by: Josh | July 11, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for everything Paul, you're a great Goff impersonator.

Posted by: bob | July 11, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Good lookin' P!
Holla Back Sometime!

Posted by: Dadryan | July 11, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Burch: "But you can't really regret anything you do."

Sure you can, Marc, sure you can.

While this BRYC alum has trouble saying nice things to a TAP alum, I'll go it anyway: well done, Tenorio. Goff wisely picked a great fill-in. Look forward to Goff's return though. Assuming he's overcome his tasering, of course...

Posted by: Joe Doc | July 11, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Paul. Nice job filling in for Goffinho!

Posted by: EdTheRed | July 11, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm trying to stay positive - but I'd much rather have Gallardo in as we play one of our bigger games of the year.

Ugh - injuries happen I suppose. Hopefully the team is more than up for getting a good result.

@Paul,

Thanks for filling in this week and good luck. Maybe Goff will have you around to help in the future with all things United as the Nats leave town soon.

Posted by: Virginia Blue Blood | July 11, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I was going to ask about that -- is Gallardo out for today's practice, or tomorrow's match as well? It wasn't clear, although I fear the latter. If Dyachenko is our CAM, we will be slaughtered.

Posted by: J | July 11, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Paul. Still can't replace Goff though.

Posted by: Bart | July 11, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Paul.

Posted by: Kinney | July 11, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Good job filling in Paul. Thanks for keeping the blog updated.

Also, it appears that the DC - Houston game that was postponed due to the rain has been rescheduled to July 22, three days after we host them in Superliga. It is already on the schedule on the official website.

Posted by: GoUnited | July 11, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

that really sucks that Gallardo and Tino are out. We really really need to win these games.

Posted by: td | July 11, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Paul, thanks for helping me get my fix, my friend!

Posted by: yankiboy | July 11, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for your blogging. Your time is much appreciated Paul. Hope to see you again!

Posted by: viv | July 11, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Keeper:
-------------------Wells-------------------

Defense:
---Namoff---McTavish---Peralta*---Martinez-

If Peralta can't go, we don't have a lot of options in the back. With Mediate out, our 1st center back sub is gone. So is Jeff Carroll, who probably won't make it in either. Given our lack of options, I wonder if we'll see Martinez move inside and Burch dropped into left back. Our only sub would be Pat Carroll.

Midfield:
-------------------Simm--------------------
----Fred---------Dyachenko---------Burch---

At this point, do you just play Moreno as the attacking midfielder and move Dyachenko either out wide or to the bench?

With Gallardo, Quaranta, Stratford, Mediate, and Olsen out, we're left with the following subs:

Cordeiro
Murphey
Barlow

Forward:
-----------Emilio------Moreno--------------

If Moreno drops back into midfield, we've don't have a lot of options. At least Doe and Thompson have played some in the Open Cup. Perhaps Dyachenko gets in as a withdrawn forward.

In the end, we're not looking so good. I'm glad this isn't a league game. We need to get healthly and fast.

Posted by: TCompton | July 11, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

I haven't done any research myself, but I'm assuming the Mexican League is between sessions, now, right? If so, at least we'll have the in-season advantage most teams have on us during those early tournements. If not, we'll have a tough row to hoe considering the players who are out and the way we played on Tuesday night.

Posted by: Beaker | July 11, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Keylor Navas to Chivas USA this summer from Deportivo Saprissa to replace Brad Guzan.

Posted by: Virginia Blue Blood | July 11, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

TCompton, don't forget about Thompson. He had great pace on the wing Tuesday night. He's certainly a work in progress, but he injected some spark.

Posted by: Beaker | July 11, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

PT,

Thanks for giving me something to read between filing TPS reports this week.

Posted by: AM | July 11, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Paul,

Add me to the voices complimenting you for your effort this week. Filling in for Steve is no easy task, but you did well.....and you had the juicy Blanco thing to cover.

Good luck, and we hope to see you back on other duties, too.

Posted by: Kim | July 11, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for filling in, Paul.

TCompton:

If the Open Cup matches have been any indication, Soehn wants Burch to learn how to be a center back (makes sense, with his size). In both games he played Burch in the middle and Martinez at left back. If Peralta can't go, I'd expect Burch at CB, Martinez on the left, and Cordeiro as our left midfielder.

The other big question is replacing Gallardo. Dyachenko couldn't control the pace against Rochester, so I hardly expect him to do it against the real Chivas. However, I have an inkling that he will start, with Moreno playing deeper than normal in a 4141:

--------------------- Emilio
- Burch/Cordeiro Moreno Dyachenko Fred
---------------------- Simms
Martinez Peralta/Burch McTavish Namoff
---------------------- Wells

These injuries really hamper our chances. Group stages require positive starts, and we have injuries at the 2 spots we have no real depth at (CB, AM). Hopefully, we can make up for what we're missing with increased effort and intelligence (Dyachenko, I'm looking squarely at you in terms of the latter).

Posted by: Chest Rockwell | July 11, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Paul, well done. Timely reports and new information every day, just what we need!

Posted by: GoldenChild | July 11, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Well done, Tenorio!

I wonder whether we will learn that Goff's real mission was to make a secret side trip to Toronto to gather dope on the McBride situation.

Posted by: tri-village | July 11, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for your work Paul!

Posted by: spectre | July 11, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't DCU be trying to fill out its roster before the schedule gets really crazy in the months ahead? I have not seen one rumor that indicates that the squad is on the market.

There is one roster spot open with Niell's $100k; considering Gallardo, Moreno, Quaranta, Olsen, and Stratford are all nursing moderate to severe injuries, this needs to happen - fast.

Posted by: hoyanick | July 11, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

for anyone still interested, the Blanco suckerpunch vid is back up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R03rg8U07IY

Posted by: northzax | July 11, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

I believe MLS' transfer window opens on the 15th. I'm sure United will make a few moves. Hopefully including a real winger and a veteran keeper.

As for Saturday's line-up. It's SuperLiga, so it REALLY doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, so maybe a little experimentation given our injuries.

----------------Wells------------------
Namoff--------McTavish---------Martinez
----Thompson----Simms------Burch-------
------------D-Rod---Fred---------------
-----------Moreno---Emilio-------------

Modified 3-5-2

Posted by: AlecW81 | July 11, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone listen to World Soccer Daily today to hear Bryan's interview?

Posted by: Virginia Blue Blood | July 11, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Paul. Magnificent job.

Posted by: Dave | July 11, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Burch should come sit with the Barras and pick up a drum!!!

Posted by: MR | July 11, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: test | July 11, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Fred will play the AM since Gallardo can go. I guess burch and kirk on the wings?

Posted by: bobf | July 11, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Just want to echo everyone else here and thank you Paul, for a job well done.

Bad news about Marcelo -- hopefully things will be a little better by next week. I'm pleased to read that Fred is fine. Despite a comment someone posted in the morning thread. I thought he was -- he looked quite healthy at the end of Tuesday's game, running with the ball when the final whistle blew.

Not our best lineup, given we're missing Marcelo and 'Tino, but I wouldn't bet against DCU. Fred usually saves his best for these internationals...

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 11, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Burch should come sit with the Barras and pick up a drum!!!

Posted by: MR | July 11, 2008 3:09 PM

-----------------

Burch isn't suspended for SuperLiga...just US Open Cup.

Posted by: DE | July 11, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

I just talked to a soccer-laying friend who attended the Rhinos match and his MOTM was: Dyachenko! (and his goat of the match was Kirk, whom he thought worthless).

I'm hoping to see big Rod at his best Saturday. I know, subbing in Jaime for Rod made the difference against the Fire, but Jaime seems to be hobbled, and I wouldn't start him in a Superliga match unless I thought I could afford to lose him to injuries for part of the regular season.

Posted by: Hedbal | July 11, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Virginia Blue Blood | July 11, 2008 1:51 PM

I can see that, considering Saprissa is owned by Vergara as are the American Goats. (And, like the Guadalajara Goats, Saprissa has no foreign-born players -- the Purple Monster are all Costa Rican.)

Posted by: Anonymous | July 11, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

A "soccer-laying friend"? Doesn't sound mammalian to me.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 11, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

But you've forgotten the platypus!

Posted by: Hedbal | July 11, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Guzan to Aston Villa official.

Posted by: RK | July 11, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Excellent job, Paul. Thanks.

Posted by: Smiity | July 11, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Honestly, I'm trying to understand the Aston Villa thing. Liverpool just signed the guy who is going to back up Reina, so they don't want Scott Carson back. Is Villa planning on keeping him, and having Guzan as the back-up, for now? Does Guzan know what he's stepping into?

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 11, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

I mean, I like Guzan, but I'm not sure he's at Carson's level right now.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 11, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

@Fisch Fry

Yes he does - he's leaving the mostly empty HDC for the challenging confines of Villa Park.

He's going from a near MAX MLS deal for Claudio Reyna money (you know - millions and bench time).

Good luck to him - hopefully he plays well for MLS and American Soccer's sake.

Posted by: Virginia Blue Blood | July 11, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Nothing useful to add. Just trying to come with a way to refresh this page.

Posted by: Joe Doc | July 11, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

As for Dyachenko -- he had a couple of good plays against the Rhinos, but he was hardly MOTM - -his best effort probably should've have been whistled for a dangerous play. and, yes, Doe looked terrible against the Rhinos. On the other hand Rod did squat before being subbed out against the Fire, and Doe made a number of excellent plays. Not MOTM, either, but definitely his best effort in a DCU kit.

Not sure what point you're making about having a soccer-laying friend, except that he must know more that the rest of us beer-swilling-drunks who've never laid so much as a tennis ball....

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 11, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 11, 2008 4:59 PM

Liverpool's valuation of Carson is apparently stupid high and O'Neil won't pay it. See also, Peter Crouch, Gareth Barry.

Posted by: Colm | July 11, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Northzax: Thanks for posting that video. Blanco should get a hefty fine and a suspension. Classless is he.

Posted by: bribri | July 11, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 11, 2008 4:59 PM
==============
I am sure Guzan will sit but who can complain in a packed stadium with $$$$ on his face. There is no way he will be the number one keeper, not even remotely close.

Posted by: td | July 11, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

That video disappears so fast its like MLS (or someone) has a guard sitting there waiting!! Next time anyone finds it, please post yet again.... I'll be more vigilant about looking at the computer since its raining at the beach anyway. By the way this place is weirdly quiet, for any of you who plan to come this summer. No traffic, no lines... also, no sun this week, and no soccer channels but there is beer.

Posted by: OBX | July 11, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Not to push anyone to another blog, but Ives has a story about the Blanco/Burch issue.

Me not know HTML so just go to www.soccerbyives.net

Posted by: Beaker | July 11, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Paul! Fantastic job!

Posted by: Thank you! | July 11, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy regarding the video. Ives says an MLS employee mistakenly thought the game was an MLS game and forced YouTube to remove the vid. It was back up this afternoon and now it's removed again for "terms of use violation."

Weird.

I'm surprised no one's screaming about Thorrington's brutal tackle on Jaime. It's shown really well in the video (when it rears its head again). I know the Barra/Eagle/Norte section was screaming plenty on Tuesday, but no talk of it since then. Maybe because Jaime got his retaliation shot later that it's considered even.

Posted by: Beaker | July 11, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Video goes back up permanently or it's Piss And Batteries for Pinche Blanco the next time he's in DC!

Posted by: The Two Wheeled Vigilante! | July 11, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

this is the guy who originally posted it...

Posted by: Anonymous | July 11, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Thorrington's tackle on Jaime looked pretty gnarly!
You know I think peepee bags and bat trees for Blanco should be in effect regardless of wether or not MLS let's it's fans draw their own conclusion on how much of a Burro Blanco is.
Watching those other montages, and seeing the riot he sparked playing for Aguilas makes me see Red.
I've lost any last shred of respect I had for that dude.
He deserves what ever happens to him.

Posted by: Dadryan | July 11, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

ON a more serious note:
Can you get Comcast out in Cumberland?
How bout Telemundo?
This is probably a silly question, and I'm guessing the answer is yes but I'm going to a wedding tomorrow out there and I'm hoping to somehow slip away and watch the match if possible.

Posted by: Dadryan | July 11, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Goff gives us a few more posts after his last post...

Don't disappoint, Tenorio.

Posted by: sitruc | July 11, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

STFU about batteries and piss. It has no place in American soccer. Actions like that would only lead to attacks against our players during road games, violence between opposing fan clubs, etc. We have a good thing going here the way football and MLS are growing. I hate Blanco and the Fire as much as the next guy, but do you really think MLS can survive hooliganism?

Posted by: RM | July 11, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

I take it Dadryan is just joking. If true, no that should not happened. We set the standards of how the fan is all about.

Posted by: td | July 11, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

With all these injuries then all the more reason to roll out the young guys. Put the starters on the bench and let them be the subs. Let's see how well we do against the mexicants.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 11, 2008 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Paul, if I were you, I would head over to the Lucky Bar for a congratulatory pint!

I would love to see Ben Olsen kick the SH*T out of Blanco someday!

Posted by: Alan | July 11, 2008 8:28 PM | Report abuse

It seems Argentina's Boca Jrs will be in DC today (?) through the 21st. Any idea why? Will they find a time to meet DC United in a match, maybe?

Posted by: vasoccer | July 11, 2008 8:55 PM | Report abuse

Don't be dissin' our boy dadryan man.
If he wants piss and batteries we've got em stockpiled for a lifetime!
All he's trying to say is that he's upset with MLS's BS censorship of this incident. He's saying that the league is poised to put itself in a position to alienate itself from even more of it's fanbase by trying to sweep the incident under the rug because Blancos is a big $ DP.
He's just trying to point out that MLS may own the rights to the product but they don't own the rights to the truth about what happened up in Germantown.
All lot of others out here in the blogosphere can't forget the other incidents of cheap shot, chumpy coward violence that Blanco is guilty of, and he deserves the same sort of treatment as any player on any Roster in MLS.
The piss and batteries may not belong in "American soccer" but it exist's in south america, central america and beyond because of idiots like Blanco leading by example.
Dadryan's whole point is that if the league thinks it can pull the wool down over the fans eyes it won't be long before the fans aren't saying F-U ref, or typing STFU... They'll be stabbing fools outside of the stadium and serving their own justice.
DR's gripe is with the league playing favorites and trying to put spin on a game that wasn't even a league match! Blanco needs to be punished!
The fans have long ago earned the right to SEE what happened and that's that.

Posted by: The Hooligans | July 11, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Gee, dadryan (aka the hooligans), thanks for explaining your own post under a false name

Posted by: Spotless | July 11, 2008 9:10 PM | Report abuse

This is what I would like to see:

-------------------Wells-------------------
---Namoff---McTavish---Peralta---Martinez-
or if Perralta is out
---Namoff---McTavish---Martinez---Burch--

-------------------Simms-------------------
--Thompson---------Moreno-----------Fred--

-----------Emilio------Doe--------------

Posted by: JAP | July 11, 2008 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Blanco should be suspended for awhile. The video is enough evidence.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 11, 2008 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Dadyryan would have no reason to post under a "fake name". We're already "anonymous" on here, with the exception of those of us who post here and on BS with the same name and have put faces to names at RFK and elsewhere.

Posted by: AlecW81 | July 11, 2008 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Ok finally caught the Blanco punch. What a GD a$$hat move that was! I can't beleive he just got shoved to the ground. Playing with passion is one thing. That was something completely different.

Paul, great coverage of that story and great job with all else. Goff should have you as a guest poster. It's always good to have some variety.

Posted by: AlexandriaDan | July 11, 2008 11:49 PM | Report abuse

It sorta seems like AlecW81 is trying to pull my card and say I am perhaps not as visible as maybe some other Soccer INsiders...
Maybe he's stating the obvious: You'd be Crazy to think that I have any thing to do with the Hooligans!
I don't really know, I do know that as noted I don't F with Big S.
I have not as of yet had my authentic short sleeve home jersey done up with my Handle on the back of it... Yet...
And to be honest I have not gone out and out and gushed"I''m Dadryan" when I've watched a few particular matches @ some bars in Arlington.
I took in a HV match and 2 Pachuca matches in three different bars in Arlington this year, in no specific order.
I was also at the HV match at RFK.
I do recall sitting in the smoking section @ Summers with someone that did admit to being addicted to SI...

Posted by: Dadryan | July 11, 2008 11:52 PM | Report abuse

trying to remember his name...
I've actually been to some regular season games as well.
I also wonder about the dude I sat with @ Bailey's who was wearing the Gallardo Jersey for one of the PAC games
JUst who was that guy in the Jaylove jersey @ Kitty Oshea's?
Perhaps Jay rockers?

Posted by: Dadryan | July 11, 2008 11:58 PM | Report abuse

I have read many posts from dadryan on this blog, some of which I loved, and some which I didn't. His posts about retaliating against Blanco crossed the line however, especially for SI. Keep that nonsense on BS where it belongs.

I have lived (and played football) in several countries, and I have seen hooliganism in action. If that is what you crave, move to where it is still in vogue. Real hooliganism will not take hold here for several reasons - we don't have a widespread cultural obsession with football; we don't have deep religious and class divisions that are reflected in club affiliation; and we have a lot more guns here than in other countries. (Throw a battery at me, and you'll get more than you bargained for.) While most people have better things to do than live out some violent fanboy fantasy, all it will take is for a few hotheads to start some trouble and the media will be all over the story, telling everyone about how soccer somehow brings out the worst in humanity. That sort of publicity will set MLS back for years, if not kill it. Don't forget that many teams are still losing money.

It pisses me off that I couldn't see the video until today, and MLS is far from perfect. That doesn't mean we should start making terroristic threats to opposing players. BTW, as posters on the Fire boards are pointing out, Dema and Hristo were far from innocent when they wore the Black and Red. Let's keep things in perspective and not let this degenerate any further.

Posted by: RM | July 12, 2008 12:29 AM | Report abuse

I admit I might have gotten a little carried away with my kidding around RM...
Honestly, I would never terrorize anyone @ any sports venue, be them Players, fans, authorities, etc.
I would like to see MLS give us a reasonable response on the situation at the very least by Monday, I feel we should have heard it by today, but I'm sure Garber and his gargoyles are holed up, trying to figure out how to deal with it.
Blanco is a punk, and if he is made to believe that he can pull the same crap he pulled in Mexico(inciting a riot!) he'll just keep on trucking.
I honestly think the league would benefit more in the Long Term by coming down on him HARD. He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, he has a history of this kind of stuff.
MLS will live with or without him, but that really shouldn't be his call, it should be the Leagues.
Peace
yall

Posted by: Dadryan | July 12, 2008 12:48 AM | Report abuse

Paul, you rock! Thanks for staying on top of things and keeping us all well-informed! Your good work is much appreciated. Maybe you can jump back on and break the news when the USSF decides what to do about Blanco. Thanks, again.

Posted by: UnitedFanInTX | July 12, 2008 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for keeping it real dadryan. Vamos United!!!!

Posted by: RM | July 12, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

I'd just like to echo what has been said. Batteries and bags of urine have no place in soccer. That's something that is reserved for the lowest forms of life, West Virginia football fans.

Posted by: sitruc | July 12, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Thank's for posting that video of blanco,Like I stated before we need to get him kicked out the league we dont need his ppl in our game all mexican's are like that and he beat's his wife!!

Posted by: DCforlife | July 12, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Dcfor life you could not have put it any better...

Posted by: dc fan | July 12, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

all mexicans are like what??????? you jerk off

Posted by: chris | July 12, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Mexico: A Nation of Wife Beaters?

Puh-leeze. Mr.Tenorio,feel free to take the electronic white-out to DCforlife's hatefully ignorant post, and this post as well.

And thank you for filling in so well. I hope you'll be covering the match tonight if Señor Goff is recovering from that Canadian jet-lag.

Posted by: Stevan in Gaithersburg | July 12, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Yay! Here comes the racism!

What is it about message boards--BS or SI--that bring out the worst in people? Is it the unfettered ability to post without the normal social restrictions?

Think before you post. Jeebus.

Posted by: viv | July 12, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tri-village | July 12, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Spotless | July 11, 2008 9:10 PM
---------------------------------------------

Hooligans post was definitely not written by dadryan. I don't dig the name, but he writes much better. Also, Hooligans was putting lots of words in dadryan's mouth, about issues he didn't even cover, like the video rights.

As for dadryan's comments about throwing batteries and bags of urine -- and the hateful, bigoted comments that others have posted -- I think there is no place for any of that crap. Not on this or any other blog. And definitely not at a game. None of it's funny -- if anyone laughs at that stuff, it speaks a lot more ugly truth about them than it does about any player or any nationality.

Some of us here are Mexican. And we have a lot more decency and respect for other people (including spouses) than ya'll are showing.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 12, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

BTW Fisch Fry: I was the Hooligans...
Must be the bias.
You must not have read my admission of kidding, after RM called me on it.
Then I again I did suggest just not reading my posts previously.

Posted by: Dadryan | July 13, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse