Weather ... or Not?

Might we be in store for a third DCU-Houston postponement, or at least an interruption, at Estadio RFK tonight?

Click here for the game-time forecast from washingtonpost.com's Capital Weather Gang.

By Steve Goff  |  July 23, 2008; 10:55 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: International Friendlies at RFK
Next: Matchnight: DCU-Dynamo

Comments

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahpppp Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: Matt in Silver Spring | July 23, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

This would really suck!!!!That would be another day that i have to pretend that im sick to leave work early!!LOL

Posted by: 135 | July 23, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

If there is another postponement, the league should just accept the result of Saturday's match as a double-duty, and Houston wins the MSL match 3-1.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 23, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

U crazy?

Posted by: dumd@ss | July 23, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

hahahahahahaha
aux field match!

Posted by: rain | July 23, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Too much rain? Bad pitch? Whiners!

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | July 23, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Swamp football, sort of Finnish mud wrestling. No rain tonight; however there will be a plague of locusts.

Posted by: griffin1108 | July 23, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Hey Steve...please remind those on the weather side that it's not THE United, just United. Keep up the great work.

Posted by: Tom | July 23, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I see it being ugly tonight. Expected afternoon "drenching" storms will waterlog a field that drains pretty well. Evening "drenching" storms will put it over the edge, I'm afraid. At least it's not 50 degrees. It's more pleasant to be drenched at 85 degrees than 50 while we're waiting for the game to resume.

Posted by: Beaker | July 23, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

i hope boswell has been showing all of his buddies on houston as much of the local night life as possible

Posted by: scruggs | July 23, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

re:Too much rain? Bad pitch? Whiners!

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | July 23, 2008 11:26 AM
___________________________________________

Too funny, I-270, too effing funny!!

Posted by: Smitty | July 23, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

I think I saw a girl with a tail in that video. Too Funny!!

Posted by: swag | July 23, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I'm betting that the game is not played in its entirety, but will count as a full game. I say we (or you all, 'cause I'm not going) will see a half of soccer and the game called.

Posted by: TCompton | July 23, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I wasn't kidding yesterday. MLS should get in touch with ESPN and see if they're interested in broadcasting a doubleheader on Thursday. Since DCU doesn't have any all-stars, it won't be a problem for us to have the game played tomorrow night. As for Houston, take out Onstad and DDR, and United actually has a sporting chance in the game. Isn't that kind of fair play what really counts?

Posted by: Fisch Fry | July 23, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scruggs | July 23, 2008 11:33 AM
======
Boswell became a jerk after went to Houston. He pissed me off so bad when he celebrated his ugly goal. It's one thing you get upset with the team you traded but it's another thing that so many fans turn off by that kind of attitude. If he is a professional, which I have confirmed he is not, no one celebrates against his former team the first time. You littel short legs and running like a little kid.

Posted by: shoemaker | July 23, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Another white t-shirt night! Yes!

Posted by: Purrfect | July 23, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

The game is on TV in Houston, so we should get a DK/MLSLive feed tonight.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 23, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shoemaker | July 23, 2008 12:39 PM

*********************************

I'm sorry you feel that way.

For anyone worried about downpours tonight - just wear a garbage bag. But remember to poke a hole in the closed end for your head.

Some of the finer local grocery stores in our area now even carry garbage bags in "DC United black"!

You will stay dry and look terrific.

Posted by: garbaggio | July 23, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shoemaker | July 23, 2008 12:39 PM

*********************************

Lighten up, Francis.....

Posted by: JkR | July 23, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait to get out there tonight! The rain will make for good fun. It helps us on the pitch too. Anything to slow down De Rosario will be definitely a plus. We can play well in these conditions with Jaime slowing things down playing attacking midfield. I criticize him for slowing play down at times, but this should be a night that he does well.

Posted by: Dave | July 23, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Too much rain? Bad pitch? Whiners!

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | July 23, 2008 11:26 AM

"My tires were slashed
And I almost crashed but the Lord had mercy
My machine she's a dud
Out stuck in the mud
Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

Posted by: Joe Doc | July 23, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Like the weather forecasters, "Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong." Today's rain has kept to the West. T-storms may skirt to the south.

Rest assured the Great Goffer will make sure Dire Straits gets pumped into the RFK sound machine during any potential T-storm delay, making it bearable. Game On!

DCU 2, Houston 1.

Posted by: MR Caretaker | July 23, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I think the soccer gods are trying to tell us something about this match. Not sure what . . .

Posted by: Carnick (the Forecaster) | July 23, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Off Topic - just reported that Brad Friedel is moving to Aston Villa for 2 million pounds. If Guzan gets his work permit then Villa has two American goalkeepers. This must be a first, yes???

Posted by: Orange14 | July 23, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: garbaggio | July 23, 2008 1:14 PM
======================

I've e-mailed the FO numerous times to ask when I can buy one with the VW logo, but they have not responded.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | July 23, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Orange14 | July 23, 2008 2:42 PM
--------
But then Guzan won't get any starting chance.

Posted by: td | July 23, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Martin O'Neill's new sitcom:

My Two Brads

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | July 23, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

But then Guzan won't get any starting chance.

Posted by: td | July 23, 2008 2:45 PM

...but the learning opportunity will be priceless.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 23, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

If Guzan wanted more learning, he'd go to summer soccer camp. It's not like Friedel was a doddering old man at the end of last season. He was in Best 11 type form, and hasn't missed a minute of a match in years.

Young Brad needs minutes. If he wants to watch old Brad, he should subscribe to Setanta, not sit on the Villa pine.

Posted by: JkR | July 23, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

jkR...good one. Or young Brad would sit and amused himself with all the crowed noise.

Posted by: td | July 23, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | July 23, 2008 2:43 PM

I heard you can pick up VW logos in Lot 4 during DC United games.

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: JayRockers! | July 23, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

OFF TOPIC:
Borussia Dortmund 2
Bayern Munich 1
89th Minute..

Posted by: Anonymous | July 23, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Ngwenya is playing..

Posted by: Anonymous | July 23, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

I heard you can pick up VW logos in Lot 4 during DC United games.
=========================================

Can we paint VW logos on our Toyotas, Mercurys, etc. and get free parking?

Posted by: tri-village | July 23, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

wouldn't Guzan likely get loaned out to some lower division side to get playing time?

Posted by: Glenn | July 23, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | July 23, 2008 2:43 PM

I heard you can pick up VW logos in Lot 4 during DC United games.

Thx,

Jay!

Actually, go down to the VW tent/house on the North end and get a goodie bag. It includes a blue VW poncho. Not DCU with VW logo but, will keep you dry tonight.

Posted by: marksman | July 23, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Stay dry, folks! And if you feel your hair tingle and rise up on your head, dive under your seat. That way, the tallest person near you will get the brunt of the lightning bolt.

Just don't spill your beverage.

Posted by: Joe Doc | July 23, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

LATE NOTICE!!!: anyone want to sit with me in the Mezz tonight.
I can't seem to find anyone that's free.
I of course am pretty broke and could use 20 bucks or at least a couple of beers inside RFK.
South Mezz, pretty good seats.
I'll be coming via metro soon!
Holler now!

Posted by: Dadryan | July 23, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Well, Houston out shot us something like 20 to 1 so I hate to say it, but we might have to let them have it at this point. Any way, I am now nice and dry and am going to bed. Talk to all you alls in the morning.

Posted by: Big Roy | July 23, 2008 11:18 PM | Report abuse