DCU Trialists

First on the list is Ismael Ehui, a French forward formerly with Fulham.

DCU is also looking at Stanley Nyazamba, a Zimbabwe midfielder from USL2 Richmond who had six goals and two assists this season.

The club plans to observe some of the guest players who appeared in today's reserve match at New York. (See previous thread for names.)

By Steve Goff  |  August 26, 2008; 4:17 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Reserve Clause
Next: Oof.

Comments

Ishmael sounds like a stud, this year he's scored three goals in two games! Oh sure it was in the seventh tier of English football, but goals is goals...

Posted by: noptov52 | August 26, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

What on earth is the Isthmian League Premier Division?

And where IS Isthmiania anyway? ;)

Posted by: TCompton | August 26, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

So what is our connection with Fulham again? Between Casali and this guy, we seem to be using that team (or agent?) as a pipeline for African talent.

Posted by: Jason | August 26, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Jason | August 26, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Seventh tier? hmm.. I can't same much about that?

seventh tier? wow!

I never knew DC was actually doing a DEEP search. Geez.

Their next trip will probably be the beyond section of bed and bath.

lol

o well I cant't blame them for looking!

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | August 26, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Hey don't knock the Isthmian League, home of Horsham FC, my local team!

Posted by: Tweaked | August 26, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Maybe it's time for the "Twelfth Man" to sign a developmental contract.

Posted by: noptov52 | August 26, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Ishmael @ 5'6, damn!
DCU seems to like the midgie strikers

Posted by: Ossington Mental Youth | August 26, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

England is silly enough to pay players more than pocket change in the 7th (and even 8th) tiers. The endless national leagues through the 5th tier means than their 7th tier is the equivalent of most countries 4th level. But I do have to admit it's still 7th tier with around 150 teams playing at a higher level. Hopefully not a good sign he'll make it in MLS.

Seriously though the 6th tier has England divided North & South. The 7th tier has England divided into 3 parts (North, London, & everything else), the London part now where all the "Isthmian" clubs play.

Posted by: undrafted | August 26, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

BRING IN MORE FIREPOWER! Both of those players would add depth - and depth is depth to a injury proned club. With Santino stepping up these past few games I would lean toward Nyazamba more than Ehui. Midfield is where it is at.

Goff, does DC have enough international spots???

Posted by: Anthony the Great | August 26, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

He was playing with this team on loan from Fulham. So he might not have wanted to play there and wanted to play for a better team in a better league.

Posted by: United fury | August 26, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: United fury | August 26, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

My bad

Posted by: United fury | August 26, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Nyazamba was rookie of the year in USL-2

Posted by: Call Me Ismael | August 26, 2008 6:15 PM | Report abuse

the soccer specific stadium that Ehui played at while at Carshalton Athletic:

Posted by: downtown | August 26, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

If the Fulham forward can score and has speed to stretch the defense to great space for Emilio and Moreno and company, he'll be my front runner in "DC United Idol."
:D

Posted by: Murr | August 26, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

:D

Posted by: Murr | August 26, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Ehui towers over me.

Posted by: Franco Niell | August 26, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Ismael - you will never make it with DCU - they do not like Fulham prospects like us.

Posted by: kasali yinka casal & dan stratford | August 26, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

:D

Posted by: Murr | August 26, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

What about defensive help? What about defensive help?

Posted by: Erik Mondero | August 26, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I had Ehui on my Conference level team in Football Manager. He scored loads of goals! Granted it's a PC game and 4 levels from the top... He was lighting fast and had good touch with both feet ;-)

Posted by: Willardo DuPont | August 26, 2008 8:05 PM | Report abuse

19' RIchardson (Joe Public) makes a run down the left side of the area. Crosses it low to the far post. Nelson (JP) barely misses the sliding tap in. Richardson seems faster than the NEngland defense.

21' Nyassi tries the same but it's put out for a NEngland corner.

0' Steve Nicol loks like Drew Carey.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Interesting backstory to Joe Public's stadium.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Interesting backstory to Joe Public's stadium.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

25' New improved blog software shows a confirmation message after two rejections. WaPo.com should get a refund.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Is the software malfunctioning or is it just a bunch of itchy trigger fingers? Everyone seems to be posting double...

Posted by: viv | August 26, 2008 9:02 PM | Report abuse

What would happen to the D.C. roster if Ehui or Nyazamba were signed? With any luck, they might finally wise up and waive Dyastinko.

Posted by: person | August 26, 2008 9:21 PM | Report abuse

50' Joe Public send a through ball down the right wing. Crosses in front of the goal. Solid goal from Richardson who was behind teh central defender, but onside because the pass was angled backward. 1-0

64' Almost the same thing, but a different target (Thompson?) who sends the ball wide with a defender all over him.

0'-67' Twellman gets no service.

Richardson is dangerous.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 9:27 PM | Report abuse

2-0 Joe Public

70' Again down the right side. Pass goes behind Laurentowicz. Gaye's first touch since coming on a few moments aog plucks the strings.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

2-0 Joe Public

70' Again down the right side. Pass goes behind Laurentowicz. Gaye's first touch since coming on a few moments aog plucks the strings*.

74' Joseph taken down. PK NEngland. Castro takes it. Smoothly strokes it into the lower left corner.

*I'm copyrighting "plucks the strings," strums the cords (deliberate misspelling), and any similar musical references.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 9:34 PM | Report abuse

2-1 Joe Public

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 9:35 PM | Report abuse

81' Total viewership of NE-Joe Public match in the DC area - 1 household.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 9:41 PM | Report abuse

81' Total viewership of NE-Joe Public match in the DC area - 1 household.

Number of posts on Soccer Insider on August 26 - 287

Number of unique posts - 3

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 26, 2008 9:42 PM | Report abuse

81' Total viewership of NE-Joe Public match in the DC area - 1 household.

Nope-- there are 2 of us. I feel slightly dirty routing for Jack Warner's pet team

Posted by: John | August 26, 2008 9:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm watching as well and feeling slightly dirty for rooting for Jack Warner's pet team

Posted by: John | August 26, 2008 9:45 PM | Report abuse

How did John O'Hara look in the reserve game?

Posted by: GeoMason | August 26, 2008 10:24 PM | Report abuse

I just feel dirty for watching.

Posted by: sitruc | August 26, 2008 11:27 PM | Report abuse

Does the comment actually receive confirmation when it says it's waiting for confirmation? I noticed my comments with words like wh*re were automatically rejected on other blogs.

Posted by: sitruc | August 26, 2008 11:30 PM | Report abuse

What on earth is the Isthmian League Premier Division?

And where IS Isthmiania anyway? ;)

Posted by: TCompton | August 26, 2008 4:40 PM
----------------------------------------
Gosh only the best league in Isthmania.

Posted by: The Jim | August 26, 2008 11:45 PM | Report abuse

I just feel dirty.

Posted by: eric | August 26, 2008 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Goffer,
Is the Khumalho kid related to Doctor Khumalho of the original Columbus Crew?

Posted by: Out of curiosity | August 27, 2008 1:59 AM | Report abuse

Why not just sign the best player U-17 to U 19 in DC metro area to philadelphia coridor, it's a developmental slot correct? Or any of the WM's from Vancouver's U23 squad?

Posted by: Just sayin | August 27, 2008 2:05 AM | Report abuse

Wow, 5 games in the lower English leagues in the last 4 years. Ismael is ready!

Posted by: GLD123 | August 27, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse