Olympic Poll

By Steve Goff  |  August 7, 2008; 7:40 PM ET
Categories:  Olympics
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Afternoon Updates
Next: Friday Kickaround

Comments

Blocked you.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Lets see how the women put it together Sat morning before we count them out. It takes pressure to make a diamond from coal.

Posted by: Chas | August 7, 2008 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Ya gotta have faith. Good to see Ryan Nelson and Simon Elliot with New Zealand today. I thought they had it too. Good strike by China tho. Ryan missed his man.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse

I think both Advance to next stage.
The Women couldnt recover from the two errors, but they need to calm down, because it seem as if they were just throwing wild passes out there. They look like a totally different team.

Posted by: JAV | August 7, 2008 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Is Josh Gross an assistant or something in Beijing for Nowak??

Posted by: Benny Jammin' | August 7, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Gros has been an assistant for the OLY team. Mr. Goff wrote about it, somewhere...

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: JayRockers! | August 7, 2008 10:05 PM | Report abuse

I don't care for this Olympics. Better known as the Communist Propaganda and Smoking Mirrors Show. Sponsored by all the people who think are free and in fact are the biggest morons that ever lived. Once soccer players make it into somewhere where people don't get run over by tanks, then ask me about the sport. By the way, my comment wont make it to China because some communist will lock it. With the IOC blessing.

Posted by: Jl | August 8, 2008 4:56 AM | Report abuse

Jl, China is the preeminent example of state capitalism in the world. They may still post hackneyed Marxist-Leninist slogans, but it's a capitalist country, make no mistake, and disproves the ideological claim that the freedom of capitalism leads to personal liberty. But I basically agree with whatever else you have said.

Posted by: Mastodon Juan | August 8, 2008 8:16 AM | Report abuse

If you dont care about the Olympics then dont waste your time or our time posting in an Olympic blog. do you know how much time and effort that takes for something you "don't care for."

I'll never understand that. I dont even visit the websites and blogs of things I hate and/or don't care about, much less waste time posting my opinions on it.

And please please please remember this is a sports blog and no one cares about your political opinions.

Either one of you.

Posted by: Good grief | August 8, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse

mastodon:

will you be in New Jersey Sunday? traveling to see the cows play?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 8, 2008 8:41 AM | Report abuse

So, I've got to say that I love the soccer video coverage from NBC's olympic website. No commentators to ruin the game. It's just the players, a little crowd noise, and a man with a whistle. That's the way to watch soccer.

Posted by: TCompton | August 8, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Online video were great. Although it frozen to me a lot of times. Nevertheless, great opportunity for us who can't have access to live tv or those who don't have cable to search through hidden channels.

Posted by: td | August 8, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

@Good grief

It is hard to believe that there are people who are so naive that they don't understand that the Olympics is as much politics as it is sport. The host country promotes itself through the Olympics; other views provide a truer picture than the you'll ever get from the host. Enjoy the games but also use it as an opportunity to learn more about the world around you.

As far as the US soccer teams go, the US women made two mistakes and were punished by a very good Norway team. They didn't respond well during that game; the next game will tell what they are made of and whether they will go through.

The US mens team continues to be punchless and the single goal may hurt them if it comes to goal difference. Watching the Argentina-Ivory Coast game after the US-Japan game was like going to another planet. The level of play was that much different.

Posted by: My oh my! | August 8, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

The Olympics are great. The Olympics as a pre-packaged TV show brought to you by McDonald's, on the other hand, is a plague upon mankind's backside.

Thank the FSM for the internet....

Posted by: JkR | August 8, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Anon.: yes, I'm going up for the game. Grateful for the early start so I can get back Sunday evening.

Posted by: Mastodon Juan | August 8, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse