Open Cup Poll

By Steve Goff  |  August 12, 2008; 11:16 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , MLS , USL
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: USA Women Win Group
Next: Badilla-to-Revs Is Set

Comments

Who I want is DC and Charleston.

Therefore, it will be New England and Seattle.

Posted by: Bootsy | August 12, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

DC and Charleston would be awesome but Settle wouldn't let go easy. DC has a real chance advancing so I am picking DC v Seattle. Too bad.

Posted by: td | August 12, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

The Revs are going down tonight like a sweet muffin!

(of course I would not be showing such bravado if Reis was playing)

Posted by: Kev | August 12, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

GOFF - Any news on the Galaxy? Any rumors on who they might bring in to coach?

Posted by: kristin | August 12, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Hate to say it, but I think this is New England's year for everything to come together.

I'm so disgusted, it makes me want to give up Kraft Macaroni and Cheese forever.

Posted by: Joe Doc | August 12, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I'm hoping for DC & Seattle so we can go visit some friends and catch the final, but even with the Revs limited roster i'm not holding my breath for a win tonight after Sunday...

Posted by: gnat | August 12, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

..........................................

Here's a partial list of the products that you may wish to forgo:

To my knowledge, no MLS player has ever desecrated a Kraft product, the way that Esky had fun with a Red Bull product a few years ago, but the idea must be tempting.

Posted by: The Jeff | August 12, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

My predictions:

DCU 2-1 NER, CHR 1-2 SEA

Posted by: SportzNut21 | August 12, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

I have Matt Reis's blown save on repeat all day long... its a good day.

Posted by: Rt.50 & 495 | August 12, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

those are some tight poll results, with the exception of NE vs Charleston. Very interesting.

Posted by: downtown | August 12, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

..........................................

Here's a partial list of the products that you may wish to forgo:

Posted by: The Jeff | August 12, 2008 12:10 PM
-----------------
Oreo's AND Chips a HOY?!

Don't know if I hate the Revs so much to give up those goodies.

Posted by: Joe Doc | August 12, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Man, the Krafts have more food brands than the Revs have fans!

Posted by: Kev | August 12, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

from the looks of the poll so far, most ppl are predicting a charleston loss, i wouldn't count them out, they have a lot of talent, and they did beat seattle recently

the mls team may well be NE if dc decides to play the same defense they did on sunday, there's the problem with picking dc, our defense has been way too pathetic for my liking, i hope they can hold it down tonight, you never know, but lets just hope the defense decides to play

Posted by: stleforthewyn | August 12, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Not the same Kraft.

Robert Kraft owns The Kraft Group, a privately held company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kraft_Group

Kraft Foods is a publicly held company, spun off from Altria last year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_Foods

Hate to be a killjoy, but an Alecko-type desecration would be very poorly informed.

Posted by: Nick | August 12, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I think DC is going to win in PK 5-4.

Posted by: DC Revolution | August 12, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

I think DC is going to lose 6-0. And I see NE winning the Open Cup and the MLS title this year. The only future DCU has is five red cards, half of the team injured, and another 20 years playing in dirty old RFK losing to USL teams.

Posted by: NE Fan | August 12, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I really would love to see DC and Seattle advance to the final, with DC closer to full strength for the battle at Qwest, but I voted New England and Charleston advancing. I am surprised the voting doesn't trend that way.
I think the Sounders and Charleston will be a fairly evenly matched game with a slightly more rested Battery squad, maybe an even better game to watch...OH wait it'll be the only game you can watch...Unless of course you are going to RFK tonight. In which case:have fun you lucky MOFOs!
VAMOS UNITED!!!
Have at the matches folks!
I wish I was there.
Outer Banks ain't so bad though:)

Posted by: dadryan | August 12, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I meant have a blast at the matches tonight folks!
Charleston could surely beat up on the Sounders... Again I too am surprised no one seems to think that Charleston can handle the Tukwila Turd Burglars...

Posted by: dadryan | August 12, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

For whatever reason I still laugh when I hear or see Philip Morris referred to as Altria.

Posted by: sitruc | August 12, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse