Television, Drug of a Nation

Lots of viewing options the next two days, starting this afternoon with the UEFA Super Cup between Manchester United and Zenit St. Pete (2:30 p.m. ET, Fox Soccer Channel).

TONIGHT

Italy: Palermo at Udinese, 4:30 FSC
Mexico: Santos at Monterrey, 6 Galavision
MLS: New York at DCU, 7:30 FSC
MLS: Los Angeles at New England, 7:30 HDNet
Mexico: Morelia at Chivas, 8 Telemundo
Mexico: San Luis at Atlante, 10 Telefutura

On a separate subject, that Pumas-Harbour View Champions League preliminary match that had been postponed last night until today in Jamaica has been altogether cancelled because of poor field conditions caused by Hurricane Gustav. The series will be decided by one game, next Thursday in Mexico City.

By Steve Goff  |  August 29, 2008; 2:11 PM ET
Categories:  Italy , MLS , Spain , World
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DCU Updates
Next: Saturday in the Park

Comments

What, no Sunday game lineup??? :-)

Posted by: Juan-John | August 29, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

OMG: Goff, I like very much the TV schedule. Would you do the same for Sunday as well? Thanks.

Posted by: arlington4united | August 29, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

There are already a plethora of sources for this stuff. Try this one. http://www.livesoccertv.com/

Posted by: peridigm | August 29, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Just one game, at Pumas' home field? That's fair.

Posted by: Bootsy | August 29, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Bad news for Harbour View, and unfair as well. Their slim chances of beating Pumas just got a lot slimmer. I wonder how much money this costs the club?

Posted by: SSMD | August 29, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Good point but they don't list TV channels. I know if we check Lucky Bar, Kitty O'Sheas, and Summers they all have list but it's nice to see on SI with Washingtonpost all at once.

Posted by: arlington4united | August 29, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

So has FSC turned into the Milan channel or what?

Why get my hopes up by having Roma v Napoli listed all week on TV Sunday only to switch the match to Milan v Bolonga.

So they had the "Derby del Sole" which was one of the most exciting matches last year and they bumped it for the Milan matchup. Couldn't they have tape delayed the match and shown Milan later in the day?

The 12 people I have coming over now have to watch the match even more pixelated via the internet (P2P) then FSC's crappy feed.

Sorry for the rant but I think FSC missed the boat with the switch and now I really hope the Rosseneri miss out on the CL again with all of their old, washed up, overpaid ex-superstars. My Apologies to Kaka, Pirlo & Flamini.

Posted by: Gilly73 | August 29, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Wow, sucks for Harbour View. Lost home game and the revenue that goes with it. Yikes.

Posted by: DemonJuice | August 29, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Sucks for harbour view, but when you play a tournament in the Caribbean in the peak hurricane season, you have to expect at least game will be messed with.

Posted by: Northzax | August 29, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I don't know. I think switching to a one-game format is Harbour View's best chance of winning a series against Pumas. Anything can happen in one game, even in Mexico.

Posted by: 136 | August 29, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Anyone know if Monaco will be on TV in the near future? Would love to see how Freddy's doing.

Posted by: DBCoyle | August 29, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Hey Goffinho, I heard the Bolivians changed their mind about calling up Moreno. Apparently the list is out for the players they called up and he's not on it.

Can you confirm?

Posted by: Thora | August 29, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

@ 136 | August 29, 2008 4:43 PM

I agree; if the single match were to be held in Kingston.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | August 29, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

When is FoxSoccer going to start showing some games in high def? After watching high def broadcasts of other matches, its like seeing the old Soccer Made in Germany on UHF I used to dial in during the 70's.....

Posted by: QTip | August 29, 2008 6:47 PM | Report abuse

you must be stuck on a disposable heroes of hipoprisy kick

Posted by: california uber alles | August 29, 2008 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Hannah is headed right for Cuba and looks like it'll hit sometime Friday next week if projected path holds. Bad news for the US game next Sat. night, US might not even be able to fly Wed-Fri depending on conditions. Keep an eye on that mess...

Posted by: Glove | August 29, 2008 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Zenit - чемпион европы!

Hey, how about that russkii football?

Posted by: Grisha | August 29, 2008 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Nothing makes the new Champions League look more first rate than canceling a first leg game with no intention of scheduling a make up date.

Posted by: Publius | August 29, 2008 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Publius:

Welcome to CONCACAF.

Posted by: Chest Rockwell | August 29, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Monaco? You're best bet is Setanta.

Posted by: RK | August 29, 2008 9:38 PM | Report abuse

What the hell is wrong with ManU? With all these expensive player filled with squad and need someone like Vivic to score and lost to Znite? Disgusting!

Posted by: td | August 29, 2008 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Man U is the new DCU!
Heeee,Heeee,heeee!

Posted by: dadryan | August 30, 2008 12:26 AM | Report abuse

Monaco is playing Grenoble tonight. Freddy should come on as a sub, given the 8 practices he's been able to attend. Monaco looks to be getting Tiago for the midfield. Those two should play very well together. My predictions are almost always wrong, but I see Monaco returning to be the class of Ligue 1.

Posted by: troy | August 30, 2008 7:17 AM | Report abuse

I remember reading an interview w/ Gallardo when he first came. He said that the Ligue 1 had become very physical. I think it's also the lowest scoring league in Europe. I hope this doesn't have a negative impact on Freddie's game. I guess it could toughen him up.

Posted by: mizage | August 30, 2008 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Unfortunately nothing can change the hard reality that Adu is a tiny little man. Too bad they don't have professional 5'8" and under leagues.

Posted by: Ash | August 30, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

It may sound like I'm going off with my ideas of training, and I don't know how much Adu hits the weights, but it couldn't hurt right?

Posted by: dadryan | August 30, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

5'8", tiny???

I think Ben Olsen would like to have a word with you.

Posted by: Red Devil | August 30, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse