The Special One

Jose, better than ever!

After you watch the Setanta video below, read this completely unrelated but nonetheless brilliant piece written by Woody Allen. Lots of giggles.

By Steve Goff  |  August 25, 2008; 4:51 PM ET
Categories:  World
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Kickaround
Next: Gridlock of Champions

Comments

Those guys are fantastic. The shows get better and better everytime. I loved the "Thriller" music everytime Nani's name gets mentioned. Priceless.

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | August 25, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

nani...

Posted by: PKTaker10 | August 25, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

LOL great stuff...

Posted by: bob | August 25, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Penelope Cruz....Scarlett Johansson...I HAVE to see this movie.

Posted by: EssEff | August 25, 2008 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Can someone please explain the thriller reference for me? I saw it on the originalwinger website and I dont get it!

Posted by: Eric J | August 25, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing it's the obvious likeness between Nani and the early Michael Jackson?

Posted by: of course! | August 25, 2008 7:15 PM | Report abuse

@Eric J

If I had to guess it would be Nani's resemblance to Michael Jackson in the Thriller video...anyone else?

Posted by: mikemc | August 25, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

the special one and the gang...

Posted by: joel | August 25, 2008 7:44 PM | Report abuse

Agreed. Brilliant show. And the Special One even mentioned Soccer Insider last season. Very nice.

Posted by: jyindc | August 25, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Loved the video, great stuff.

Posted by: footstar.org | August 25, 2008 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Weeeeeeeeellllllllllll! Well-well-well-well-well weeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllll!

I wonder if It is aware of this representation of himself, because Sam's Army chanting "Shut Up Sven" or "Wil-lie Nel-son! Clap! Clap! Clap Clap Clap!" would be epic...

Posted by: Eric B | August 25, 2008 10:11 PM | Report abuse

I know Man U is interested in Berbatov but is the Nani to Tottenham part true. This is the first I have heard about it.

Posted by: Bryan | August 27, 2008 2:45 AM | Report abuse

This is one of the funniest five min. of the week. I love this show.

BE CHAMPIIONS

Posted by: Monty | August 27, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse

BTW... if you want to watch first and second seasons, here is a link of "I'm on Setanta Sports." Be Champions

Posted by: Monty | August 27, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse