TV, Anyone?

*Mexico, Tigres-Pumas, 8 p.m. Galavision
*Mexico, Atlante-Cruz Azul, 10 p.m. Galavision
*England, Portsmouth-Middlesbrough, 11 p.m. FSC
*Mexico, Atlas-Puebla, midnight Galavision

By Steve Goff  |  September 12, 2008; 11:27 PM ET
Categories:  Misc.
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United Deals Finalized
Next: Matchnight: United-Dallas

Comments

in 45 minute j league
Urawa Red Diamonds v. Oita Trinita

Posted by: myt! | September 13, 2008 12:23 AM | Report abuse

if you have MLS Direct Kick package, here's your soccer saturday/saturnight:
3:30 columbus/TFC
5:00 la/kc
7:30 rsl/metroscum (but I'll be watching dcu)
10:00 houston/san jose
that's a lot of games back to back to back to back...a virtual barrage of domestic fetbul. we should be thankful for this league.

Posted by: find a new #10 | September 13, 2008 2:10 AM | Report abuse

What -- no Sunday list?? ;-)

I kid because I love.

Posted by: Juan-John | September 13, 2008 2:51 AM | Report abuse

"we should be thankful for this league."

I for one am. I have almost nothing to whine about in my life, so MLS/DCU fill a very important role.

Posted by: Ash | September 13, 2008 4:53 AM | Report abuse

Wow what a list! Except J league is yet not on TV. Maybe some day. Mouth watering ManU v Liverpool game I am going to miss...... The rest not so much but German leagues are always entertaining to watch. Quality football, excellent fan display unlike England.

Posted by: td | September 13, 2008 7:02 AM | Report abuse

Liverpool 2 - Man Utd 1 without Torres and with Gerrard on only as a 68' minute sub. Sir Alex not going to be happy.

Posted by: Hmmm | September 13, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Little bet better day for Yanks abroad field players; Edu and Beasley starting for Rangers; Dempsey, EJ and Convey on bench for their clubs. Hopefully we'll see some playing time today.

Posted by: Beckster | September 13, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

YEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! LIVERPOOL!!!! AMAZING GAME!
Super sub Babel!
Just like how we beat Barcelona that goal!

Posted by: andrew | September 13, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

The DVR will be working overtime today for sure. Drat. I have to delete a couple classic Twilight Zone episodes to find room. No more stops at Willoughby!

For all those out there debating whether to buy tix for USA/Cuba, keep in mind that the USSF powers-that-be will be monitoring attendance at this match for consideration of future matches, so consider it a worthwhile investment for a game to come in the next round.

Posted by: MR Caretaker | September 13, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

So many games. So few TVs.

Steve's DCU-FCD preview, aka DC's injury update.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | September 13, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

@ MR Caretaker.

It's a double edged sword, isn't it. If we show up in droves, USSF will see the sales and think that they can have another WCQ here at even higher prices.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | September 13, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, it only took Rafa and Co. 5 years to beat Man United at home.

Man. United didn't deserve to win today, no excuses. They had no control of the midfield; Van der Sar had his worst game as a Man. United player today.

Posted by: Red Devil | September 13, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Telemundo is also showing tape delayed South American WC qualifiers from earlier this week:

Today
2 pm Peru-Argentina
midnight Chile-Colombia

Tomorrow
1 pm Brazil vs the Jaime Moreno Experience (aka Bolivia)

Posted by: garbaggio | September 13, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I did not see ManU Liverpool game but sounds like West Brown could be the scape goat today. What a way to lose! So without Ronaldo they really can't shine, are they?

Posted by: td | September 13, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

re: td

that wasn't the only reason manure lost...

Man u started STRONG but after the OG Man U were dead in the water for the rest of match IMHO...
Liverpool kept up the pressure and the better team won in the end...

Manu isn't a team, it's just a collection of players...

Posted by: myt! | September 13, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

WHO THE F ARE MAN UNITED!

Posted by: Chimaera | September 13, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

African Champions League - ASEC at Dynamous

Posted by: futbol picante | September 13, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

WHO THE F ARE MAN UNITED!

Posted by: Chimaera | September 13, 2008 11:25 AM
=======
Man United is THE Primier League crown champions and European crown champions!!! Who the F is Loserpool?

Posted by: td | September 13, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Man United? Liverpool?

Bring back Wimbledon! The Dons!

I kid because I have no other way to articulate my thoughts and feelings.

Posted by: Joe Doc | September 13, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone catch any NCAA action, at Ludwig Field or elsewhere, last night? I followed several men's and women's matches across the country via gametracker for a while.

Posted by: The Jeff | September 13, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I loved this part from Goff's DCU story today.

"Soehn, the absences and roster changes have undermined his need for stability heading into a treacherous final stretch.

"The frustrating part as a coach is that you want to build consistency," Soehn said."

This coming from a guy who choose to bring in almost 1/2 of a new starting line up at the beginning of the season.

Classic.

Posted by: Catchy Reader Guy | September 13, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Bring back Wimbledon! The Dons!

Posted by: Joe Doc | September 13, 2008 12:48 PM
=====================

Was the new name a combination of the first and last names of two economists? That doesn't portend victory on the football pitch.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | September 13, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Bobby Boswell gone, Ben Olsen injured, Gomez gone, Brian Carroll gone,Vanney gone, Troy Perkins gone, Josh Gros gone...
I doubt Soehn had much to do with the decision to bring in 1/2 of a starting line up but what the heck was the team supposed to do Mr Catchy Reader Guy? I know I missed plenty of other guys who are also gone, but when did you start reading about this team?
Anyway, I guess Goff is huddled in a corner somewhere bumming on Manchester United losing?
Or just proving he's got no emotional attachment to DCU by leaving everyone hanging on this sticky day in Washington?

Posted by: dadryan | September 13, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I see the weather forecast is for thunderstorms. Ahhh, just like old times.

Posted by: Glenn | September 13, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

yee haw!
guess I'll have to head over to BTB to get the lineups...

Posted by: dadryan | September 13, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Georgetown suffered its first loss after five wins today.

Posted by: The Jeff | September 13, 2008 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Yes I-270. Maybe a good crowd will drive the price up, but only a tad. We are spoiled here in the USA as to how low prices are for soccer matches. I'd much rather invest in USA/USSF than most other soccer causes (sans DCU of course).

Posted by: MR Caretaker | September 14, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse