United-Marathon, the Aftermath

United survived the first half, seized the initiative for about 20 minutes of the second half to generate three quality opportunities.....and then let the match slip away.

It wasn't an abominable performance like Saturday's fiasco at Los Angeles, but did stretch the club's overall winless streak to five (0-4-1, outscored 13-5), result in a fourth consecutive loss to a Latin American opponent (Chivas and Atlante in SuperLiga, Saprissa and Marathon in Champions League) and left it in last place in a difficult four-team group.

Not much time to recover either. Amid a killer stretch of the calendar, United will make the long trip home Thursday, train Friday and Saturday, fly to Dallas and face FCD on Sunday afternoon (maybe Moreno's return?), host Cruz Azul three days later (maybe Gallardo's return?) and then enjoy a huge 72-hour break before hosting Chivas USA. I am cramping up just writing about it.

PLAYER RATINGS
Crayton 7; Thompson 5, Namoff 4, Burch 4, Martinez 3; Fred 5, Simms 4, Dyachenko 5, Guerrero 5, Khumalo 5; Emilio 5. Subs: Peralta 5, Cordeiro 5, Kirk 5.

Click here Thursday morning for DCU quotes and additional details.

By Steve Goff  |  September 25, 2008; 12:52 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matchnight: United-Marathon
Next: Morning Kickaround

Comments

Ugh.

Posted by: Ed | September 25, 2008 1:05 AM | Report abuse

Seriously. Can we go after Nunez? And a few other players with speed?

Posted by: Fisch Fry | September 25, 2008 1:08 AM | Report abuse

I missed the first half (Randy Newman show). I guess Thompson must have showed better in the first half, because I wasn't impressed with his play in the second. Of course, the rest of the defense might have been worse.

Crayton's got some seriously cat-like reflexes.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | September 25, 2008 1:10 AM | Report abuse

FYI, Nunez will be 36 next month.

Posted by: Goff | September 25, 2008 1:13 AM | Report abuse

Dyachenko was once again horrible, givin him a 5 is being way to generous. IMO, gettin Rod back from Toronto has been a huge mistake cuz he hasnt done anything worthy of the first round draft pick we gave up for this donkey. On the real i'd rather see Kpene here instead of Dyachenko!

Posted by: DjB | September 25, 2008 1:22 AM | Report abuse

Minimal player rating for a decent effort. I'd like to see someone lambast Boyzzz for not putting at least one away. Same way Fred get's crapped on all the time. That dude between the pipes for Marathon was an idiot. I'm a little bummed no one made him pay.
Still not over. One day at a time. I have to admit that for a club that has really changed a lot since last year a reasonable amount of depth has and is being built with United. I have a feeling that the players protected list for this upcoming expansion draft is going to be dicey. Am I correct that they can only protect 10 players?

Posted by: dadryan | September 25, 2008 1:30 AM | Report abuse

Wait a sec, I missed that: You rated Dyachenko the same as you rated Fred (5).

No...friggin...way..

Fred actually had a decent match. Dyachenko, on the other hand , was his usual ball losing self.

Do you grade according to the potential of the player?

Posted by: John | September 25, 2008 1:47 AM | Report abuse

To all ROD'S HATERS: STOP CALLING NAMES,YOU,MISERABLE CREATURES. Your hatred has no limits.When Rod was in the game, there were no GOALS!What class of animals do you belong to for not having the ability for objective analysis of the situation and lacking generalization and big picture vision.it is very painful and sad.No one benefits from such a discriminated and a shallow approach to a player who makes a difference, who has his own unique identity... and who hasn't said his last word yet.

Posted by: real | September 25, 2008 2:21 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Soehn is just giving Rod some minutes so Seattle will take someone with "experience" in the expansion draft.

Can't imagine we'd trade for him again.

Posted by: Glaucon | September 25, 2008 2:41 AM | Report abuse

Way better performance than it could have been. They tried. Ugly but no disgrace. No realistic chance to advance. Focus on the playoffs. Showcase Rod in the remaining CCL games - maybe throw in a VW for incentive.

Posted by: oz4dcu | September 25, 2008 3:17 AM | Report abuse

Re the stadium -- did Fenty (aides) really put a 150 million Poplar Point deal on the table as reported in Post article? If so, MLS should beat McFarlane over the head until he accepts. DCU stadium proposal last year reeked of greed and suggestion McF turned it down because he wanted to stuff his face with an additional 75 mill of public money is sick. McF and co look like scam artists. MD suggestions cannot beat Poplar Point as a location. If Wiggins' article was correct, the city made a realistic and decent offer and the deal ought to be made ASAP.

Posted by: oz4dcu | September 25, 2008 3:31 AM | Report abuse

I thought Rod played well.

You're all haters!
You need to stop the Rod hating and the Niell jokes please!!!

Posted by: andrew | September 25, 2008 4:50 AM | Report abuse

A 7 for Crayton???

Are you that much in the tank for they guy?

Posted by: Unbelievable | September 25, 2008 6:30 AM | Report abuse

I'm surprised to see negative comments against Rod on here today too. That was his best match in months. Rating Rod higher than Fred? Absolutely.

I disagree with Andrew above though. I see no reason why the Niell jokes need to stop :)

Posted by: DCUMD | September 25, 2008 6:35 AM | Report abuse

real & andrew - did you two actually watch the game? Once again Rod was crap - turning it over with ease and never creating anything but problems for the defense. Cut him tommy - cut him now!

Posted by: bobf | September 25, 2008 7:20 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I've grown weary of Rod. He gets the ball and instead of holding it when he's not under serious pressure he forces bad pass after bad pass into defensive pressure.

Posted by: BK | September 25, 2008 7:45 AM | Report abuse

I think the Rod comments are way out of line. I didn't think Rod played bad at all. I thought his tracking back and helping to cover on the defensive half helped immensely. His turnover and cramp a moment or two before the first goal didn't help, but I thought that he probably should have been pulled before that because he was already showing signs of cramping so I don't hold him responsible for the goal. I thought Fred and Boyzzz looked really uncomfortable together, though. Seemed like they were always getting into each others way. Overall, I thought it was a good effort.

Posted by: Crippled Keeper | September 25, 2008 7:45 AM | Report abuse

I agree with the 3 for Martinez...he started off so good but has been really eating it lately.

Posted by: JAP | September 25, 2008 7:45 AM | Report abuse

You're all haters!
You need to stop the Rod hating and the Niell jokes please!!!
---------------------------------------------

I believe those were cut short quite a while ago. We wouldn't stoop so low again.

Posted by: spike_2.0 | September 25, 2008 8:03 AM | Report abuse

Steve why do you continue to use fixture congestion as an excuse for futility?

Montreal will play in the USL First Division quarterfinal series against the Seattle Sounders
Friday, Sept 26 at the Starfire Complex, at 10 pm ET
Sunday, Sept 28 at Saputo Stadium at 5 pm
then fly to Honduras for the CCL
Wednesday, October 1 against CD Olimipia

So far in Sept DCU have played 6 games W1,L4,T1 with 1 game remaining.
Montreal has played 9 games W3,L2,T4 with 2 games remaining.

Finally games played this year in all competitions DCU 38 ,Montreal 39

Posted by: Chris | September 25, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

As a Rod Hater, I have to say he didn't play as bad as he has in the last couple months. Well, at least I didn't flip out on him this game! Crayton did have some nice saves, but I really think he could have saved that last goal. It seemed like him and his defenders were taking a break when Marathon took that free kick. Definitely not their worst performance, but not their best either.

Posted by: kris | September 25, 2008 8:19 AM | Report abuse

You can't blame Dyachenko for turning the ball over anymore last night than he normally does. What options did he have? Yeah, he usually had one pass up to Emilio. That's it. That's the list.

When Moreno and Gallardo aren't in the game, we have absolutely no possession ability whatsoever. We cant play a possession style of attack when we don't have players that can do that. Unfortunately, this is going to continue until we either change our style of attack without Moreno/Gallardo in the game or get healthy/get new players who can play that way.

I'd rather fix our defense first though. It's inexcusable to give up some of the chances we did. Martinez looked horrible out there last night on the wing. I also did not like how involved Boyzzz was in the middle of field. He doesnt have enough skill to dictate the flow of the match the way he tried to last night.

Posted by: strago | September 25, 2008 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Steve,

I would love to hear Soehn's take on why he does not play Martinez centrally. I thought he was brought in to play in the middle. His overlapping has really fallen off the past month or so. Maybe he is just as undisciplined in the center and won't stay home there either?

And Kris - did you see the replay of the second goal? It hit the far post on the way in - zero chance for anyone except Manute Bol to get to that one. Actually both goals were damn well struck. Crayton may not be Cannon, but he is quite a solid keeper. Yes he is wild at times, and I would love for him to stay a bit closer to his line, but he is not the glaring weakness that Wells was.

Posted by: Henchlow | September 25, 2008 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Steve - While you're searching for relief from cramping, I'd like to provide a little perspective. I've heard DCU fans whine incessantly about the schedule congestion, and it is worse than most MLS teams. But let's compare it with a couple of USL sides that are doing OK. In the past four weeks:

DCU - 7 games (4 home, @ San Jose, LA, Honduras) - record of 1-4-2, next game - Sun. @ Dallas

Montreal - 11 games (6 home, @ Carolina, Honduras, Seattle, Vancouver, Minnesota) - record of 5-2-4 - plays in USL playoffs on Fri @ Seattle and Sun at home

Puerto Rico - 9 games (5 home, @ Costa Rica, Charleston, Rochester, Montreal) - record of 5-0-4

Please tell me why these two USL teams can succeed with a more congessted schedule? I don't think it's greater depth or more resources. Use the lesser competition argument if you'd like, but they're both in first in their CCL groups, as opposed to a local MLS team.

I'm still a huge DCU fan and don't want them to tank either CCL or the playoff run. I'm just tired of hearing the "we're tired" excuse when other teams are succeeding in worse circumstances.

Posted by: BillyBob | September 25, 2008 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Last night, I watched a team, that very well could have taken the game to the opponent, get handily beaten after several defensive let downs.

In part these were caused by the managerial decisions to do things like put in an additional defensive player when down one goal on the road. Add to that moving the existing central defender forward into a midfield role leaving the back line essentially leaderless and without an outlet going forward. In fact, If we want to point fingers this is where we should be doing it.

The first goal I can live with. The second was an unmarked man in a group of our defenders inside the 18. Given he was the obvious target man, he should not be allowed the free header.

Posted by: Wilhelm | September 25, 2008 8:45 AM | Report abuse

MLS teams at full strength are still generally better than USL teams. Open Cup results over the years bear that out.

But the low salary cap / roster limits for MLS teams are making it more and more clear that MLS teams are not "Major League" quality all the way down their rosters.

I'm not sure what the injury situation and roster depth is like at Montreal or Puerto Rico but DC cannot effectively field strong teams in simultaneous competitions when the team is missing just a few key starters like Gallrdo or Jaime.

My main concern about last night is not that DC lost but whether the players will be healthy enough and recuperated to face Dallas on Sunday.

The Impact and Islanders deserve full credit for their success thus far in this tournament.

Posted by: garbaggio | September 25, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Rod played well. Not nearly as many turnovers as otthers on the team. 5 is about right.

I have no idea about the USL teams; are they all playing out of position without their best attacking players? Do they rotate their lineups each game trying to find 11 that are healthy and can play the same spot 2-3 games in a row?

Kudos to them for getting as far as they have. The USL teams I have seen work hard.

Posted by: JkR | September 25, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Dyachenko is the reason we don't have a new stadium.

Dyachenko is the reason for the Wall Street financial crisis!

Without Dyachenko we would all be more handsome (or beautiful) and probably smell better, too!!

Posted by: garbaggio | September 25, 2008 8:56 AM | Report abuse

People dissing Rod really must not have watched the game, or watched through "rage" colored glasses. As stated by a couple folks Rod still found a way to throw a wrench in the works with his cramping up. It's a bummer he couldn't go the distance.
My biggest complaint was watching a clueless, traffic cone known as Burch in the center. I was hoping to see him and Martinez switch up after the half, although I fear with Martinez playing the worst match of his life, we may have suffered even more with him in the center.
Above all I gotta say that pros need to finish their chances. United should have come away from that game with a point. Things don't look soooo hot for United in CL play, but it's not over. That is if they get three points when Cruz Azul come to town next week.
Vamos United!

Posted by: dadryan | September 25, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Steve why do you continue to use fixture congestion as an excuse for futility?

Friday, Sept 26 at the Starfire Complex, at 10 pm ET
Sunday, Sept 28 at Saputo Stadium at 5 pm
then fly to Honduras for the CCL
Wednesday, October 1 against CD Olimipia

So far in Sept DCU have played 6 games W1,L4,T1 with 1 game remaining.
Montreal has played 9 games W3,L2,T4 with 2 games remaining.

Finally games played this year in all competitions DCU 38 ,Montreal 39

Posted by: Chris | September 25, 2008 8:14 AM

____________________________

I am going with the fact that Montreal has 34 field players on their roster who have seen the pitch this season (two who haven't) that is, in case you can't count, three entire teams. we have 24, of whom 18 are senior players. if DCU had 30 players on the roster, 22 of whom were 'senior' players, I'd let them off the hook, too.

Posted by: northzax | September 25, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Why didn't Martinez play the ball out of bounds when Dy was cramping? Instead, he turned it over, and Marathon went down and scored the insurance goal.

Posted by: Josh | September 25, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

The expectations of Dyachenko last night, were different than they usually are when he replaces Gallardo. Last night he was expected to serve a more defensive role. Sure, he gave away a few balls, but so did every other player in black. Dyachenko's performance was satisfactory.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | September 25, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

At the beginning of the season, I was hoping DCU could use Burch as a left back / Left mid sub. A guy who could play significant minutes and push the offense up in a substitute role.

The fact that he is now starting every game at CB is really telling.

McTavish started the season at MF. That must be where he was envisioned for the season, and he opens with 3 goals in 2 games against Harbor View. He's now got a lock on CB for better or worse.

Santino in my mind was going to be an attacking player off the bench with probably more than a few starts.

Namoff, a RB in every minute of every game for 5 years, is now filling in at CB.

Clyde is like the only guy on the squad who is playing his best and designated position all season with little minutes missed.

It's not a surprise to me that they are struggling for form and results.

Posted by: JkR | September 25, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

I blame Dyachenko for cramping. Drink more fluids.

Posted by: RK | September 25, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

It is great to see the USL teams doing well but it isn't all about fixture congestion with these MLS teams having CCL problems - it has a lot to do with the type of teams that they are facing. Puerto Rico beat a reserve Santos team - they used almost all of their starters in the weekend league match against Cruz Azul. Montreal beat Joe Public - which ripped apart the Revs reserves - is now being exposed as a weak team as Olimpia ripped them in Trinidad after Montreal already beat them. The Impact tied a mostly reserve Atlante team in Montreal. Bottom line is that the USL teams are still getting the job done a lot more than the MLS teams (although it would be interesting to see how Montreal or Puerto Rico would have fared in Group A - the Group of Death).

Posted by: LaLigaBoy | September 25, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Over the past few seasons, it's clear that MLS rosters cannot handle more than a couple injuries to key players. Look at last season. DC was the best until Moreno and Emilio got injured in the last few games leaving DC without any championship quality forwards. If Schelotto were injured for most of this season, do you think Columbus would be doing as well ... no way.

How many projected starters do the USL teams have injured?

If Soehn has any glaring flaws from this season, it's his inability/unwillingness to strenghten the defense while adding midfielders/forwards. I'd rather be getting draws than losing.

Posted by: InPain | September 25, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: InPain | September 25, 2008 9:47 AM

You may be right, but that implies that there are quality defenders available. If a Guerrero quality defender was available for the right price / cap number I'm sure they would have jumped on it. They've been opportunistic in the players they have added.

Also, sometimes adding MF/F that can hold the ball and attack can relieve your defenders.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

DC United needs to start planning for next year. Forget about this year. At least DCU got a trophy. The team needs to focus in keeping or replacing their stars, build the depth of the team, and develop DCU reserves to be capable of starting for the team.

Posted by: DC United Devil's Advocate | September 25, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: northzax | September 25, 2008 9:28 AM

I'd let you off the hook, but you're not comparing apples to apples. According to DCU's own stats, 28 players have seen the pitch this season, and there are 5 others on the roster who haven't played (the three new signings, Jeff Carroll who's injured, and Thorpe). Looking at the roster on the web site, there are 30 DCU players listed, 21 of whom are senior. My point is, you can't always go by what's on a web site.

Posted by: BillyBob | September 25, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I realized that MLS teams are not better than USL teams. Even the MLS reserves should have been better players than regular ULS players given the fact that it's "MAJOR LEAGUE vs LOWER LEAGUE or FIRST DIVISION" but obiviously as you can see the consistant results on the pitch they are clearly not. Either MLS recruters failed to recognize the talent and ULS recruters do or something else...I don't know. It's a disturbing and unpleasant reality to see. You can bring all these excuses of roster depth, salary cap, bla bla bla..but I don't see the quality of MLS players.

Posted by: FOOTBALL | September 25, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

It is simple economics - a USL player capable of being a MLS reserve can make $30K - $50K in USL or $12K in MLS. Until the MLS senior roster is expanded and the developmental roster wage and minimum senior roster wage are increased, MLS can expect the same results. The comparisons of minor league baseball wages to MLS developmental roster players is a joke - developmentla roster players are called upon to play 1st team matches throughout the year while most minorleaguers never play MLB.

Posted by: LaLiga Boy | September 25, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

The proof is there in the checks that are written. When MLS reserves are willing to play USL or in smaller European Leagues it shows that MLS is chincing at the bottom and justifying it by saying that these players have the opportunities to earn senior spots and get the financial rewards.

Sure - and I can be the MD at my firm in 3 years too!

But, because the talent is willing to take a step down in order to earn a decent wage, MLS is plugging it's rosters after guys 14 and 15 with projects that Mel Kiper wouldn't waste a 7th round pick on.

I don't ask MLS to improve over night or to answer every question before next season. But I do expect there to be some move on both the schedule (SuperLiga becomes middle tier expo - Single Table) and the salaries (Guaranteed Minimums above 55-60k.

I would rather see benches exploding with depth than finding a way to add "Marquee Names" with the additional money the investors are willing to spend.

More Goldman Sachs - Less Lehman Brothers.

Posted by: Virginia Blue Blood | September 25, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Major League vs Lower League or 1st Division does not dictate the quality of the player in the league- money does. I don't know the USL pay scale but I bet their regulars make more than dev. salaries.

You get what you pay for and MLS reserves are never going to be any good until they get paid.

Posted by: laur | September 25, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

FOOTBALL,

regarding your comments, "I don't know..." and "I don't see...";

thank you for sharing your ignorance with us. I don't see the need to respond to the rest of your post since, by your own admission, you do not know what you are talking about.

Posted by: Ron | September 25, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

The more I think about it, the more I realize that we didn't stand a chance in this match without Gallardo, Moreno, or Quaranta. Those are really our only 3 options at CAM. Without them in the middle, we turned to… Khumalo??? The dude has looked ok filling in at withdrawn forward, but he is not creative enough or skilled enough to play CAM.

But I'm still frustrated with the low number of shots on target. It seemed like their goalkeeper probably isn't all that good, yet we weren't able to test him.

Posted by: DCUMD | September 25, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DCUMD | September 25, 2008 10:56 AM

Pretty much agree all around. The 3 missing players you mention are by far our best at 'creating' goal opportunity's. The only other player that does that is Fred. Emilio finishes them but doesn't create them.

The rest of the squad are the worker bees, the guys who play both ways, doing the work to support the creators.

We had 10 of those guys last night and at least 9 over the past month.

Posted by: JkR | September 25, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

They didn't look bad for a team with no forward. If Martinez is going to desert his line the minute they start the game, why not try him out on the front line. He is headed that way anyway. I thought Rod was not bad. Kirk did nothing. How did he get a 5. He scared off an opponent by his size but that was all. Is something wrong with Pat Carroll? He would have fit in well last night. Thompson did a great job for someone who spends his life on the bench. He was tired by the end of the game but kept on going. Hats off to him.

Posted by: VirginiaFan | September 25, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Nuñez is 36 and is faster than everyone on DC United, that is sad!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

A 7 for Crayton???

Are you that much in the tank for they guy?

Posted by: Unbelievable | September 25, 2008 6:30 AM
------------

Wow, are you clueless.

Take up another sport.

Posted by: Goff | September 25, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

at Ron: With all due respect, I am not asking you or anyone to respond to my post. I am just simply posting my frustraion as most of the posters do here. Since you are the expert on everything, why don't you post something that is valuable for ignorant like me?

Posted by: FOOTBALL | September 25, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

How sad is it that posters are fighting over whether Rod played well or not. He was put into a position not suited for him and did his best. Bottom line is right now he is a bench player at best, a decent striker coming off the bench. DCU sucks because the team was built hastily in the offseason with no real forethought, hard to have depth with the salary structure, but Tommy does not get the most out of what he has. Point fingers at Payne, Kasper, Tommy and the players. The whole org was not ready for this season. Some injuries are going to happen each year and this has been rough but some players are injury prone and if the team had done it's homework you know Gallardo is one of those players. Christian is more durable than Marcello. Let's just hope we can make the playoffs and get hot right at the end. Will need to play all your reserves during the CCL and rest starters for MLS games.

Posted by: glove | September 25, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Fatigue and "fixture congestion" aren't the reasons DCU are struggling. The answer is simple: injuries. Without half the team being injured at one time or another you have the ability to substitute to manage fatigue, you have the ability to put up-and-coming players in for 20-30 minutes instead of 70-90 minutes, you have the ability to field your best team at the start of each match. No one wins consistently with half the starting lineup injured. The coaching staff have done everything they can to bring on board the best talent that was available at a managable cost.

Posted by: Common Sense | September 25, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Fire Soehn (Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap)
Fire Soehn (Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap)

Posted by: Alan | September 25, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

This economic crisis is all Rod's fault too.

Posted by: dyadem | September 25, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Common Sense | September 25, 2008 1:27 PM

Finally.......some common sense!

Posted by: boda united | September 25, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I think DCU actually played a decent game. It was an entertaining game to watch. Unfortunately, we came out on the losing end!

Posted by: Ken | September 25, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

What is it that Clyde Simms does that keeps him so fit? Don't tell me it's cuz he's a brother... Namoff is white as a ghost, and it seems that those two are our Ironmen.
Is Soehn a push over when it comes to training, and being match fit? I guess another problem with so little depth, is that there is no real ability to bench players. I know Emilio got that kind of treatment for all of one game earlier in the year and it created positive results.
Again I think Rod did a hell of a better job on the ball than I think I have ever seen him. Maybe he was borrowing Tino's shoes?:-)
He also had some bad moments with the weight of his passes, but he worked hard. My problem really is that he cramped up the way he did, and it lead to the first goal. I don't think he should not get more playing time because of the way he played, but his inability to stay hydrated in one of the most important starts of his life is pretty unprofessional.
I sure hope we get at least two of the missing necessities back this weekend. I'll be happy to not see Burch this weekend... He's really one upped McTavish last night with those god-awful sliding into second base style tackle whiffs...

Posted by: dadryan | September 25, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Common Sense | September 25, 2008 1:27 PM

Dear Common Senseless,

This line of thought has gotten to be completely tiring. Injuries don't account for the unorganized defensive fiasco that's become known as DC United this season. This has been a problem day one.

Posted by: Soehn The Exit | September 25, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse