El Salvador Highlights

Read my match report. Watch the video of El Salvador's two golazos, courtesy of a fan in the upper deck and his editing skills:

By Steve Goff  |  October 23, 2008; 9:10 AM ET
Categories:  CONCACAF
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matchnight: El Salvador-Bolivia
Next: Rhine to Retire

Comments

Woo....great goals/win by El Salvador!

Posted by: ES | October 23, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Alright! Nice Goals! Let see how ELS prepares for the next round of concacaf. Hope there is some sort of TV deal to see all the games for the next round. GO ELS!

Posted by: RM27 | October 23, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

12,000 for a weeknight friendly isn;t bad. Interesting that RFK opened the upper deck for this.

No spacing or punctuation in the UserID, but same highway and exit.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 23, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I was very disappointed with Bolivia's output. Their #10 would just stand on the ball and wait for the entire population of San Miguel to show up and take the ball off of him. I expected more from them, but that shows you what I know.

That said, I was very pleased with Jaime's 20 minutes with his team down a man. He was definitely the classiest player out there, but you could tell his was playing like he was Jason Statham in Crank (you have 20 minutes to live, what are you going to do with it).

It was a fun time and two great goals.

Posted by: richardharless | October 23, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

My initials were RK. Sneaky, huh?

FYI, if you are having trouble, I had to go to another blog (sports bog) and there was a link at the bottom that let me log in and choose an alias.

Posted by: Reignking | October 23, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Memo to: Bolivian Defenders
From: Your Goalkeeper

Message: Pressure the ball!!!

(Looks like I'm no longer just Joe Doc, but joedoc1. Alas...)

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 23, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

It's like I don't even know who you people are.

Posted by: Reignking | October 23, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Kev29 = Kev :-)

Posted by: Kev29 | October 23, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Not a bad video - nice work!

Agree with Joe Doc (a/k/a joedoc1 :)) - step up to the ball, lads!

Posted by: Str8Red | October 23, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I would have made those saves.

Oh crap! I can't use "Hope Solo."

(For the record, I only posed as her once, and it was last year after the WWC).

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 23, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Way to go Q2!

Posted by: Dynaformer | October 23, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

(Looks like I'm no longer just Joe Doc, but joedoc1. Alas...)

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 23, 2008 10:05 AM

Yeah, something's up. I guess we all have to deal with this appended 1s for the rest of time.

Posted by: Colm1 | October 23, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Those video editing skills really are nice. I dig the slow-mo and creative use of the stadium screen. His skills are almost as nice as Eliseo's goal.

By the way... I used to post as "Amanda" but they would only give me "Amanda4" and that was too boring so I've switched to this very creative User ID.

Posted by: WorldCup | October 23, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

my mane is unaffected! Woo hoo!

Way to go Eliseo!

Posted by: DCAustinite | October 23, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

looks empty, didnt get a chance to go but good overrall
it was a cold night!

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | October 23, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Yikes the Bolivians were doing some serious ball-watching on the second goal.

Posted by: Ron16 | October 23, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

We should give that Quintonilla guy a look. :)

Posted by: dsheon | October 23, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I should have gone ahead and arranged tickets for my Bolivian and Salvadorean friends to go to this game together. Unfortunately, neither family is all that into National Team soccer to justify the ticket prices for Premium Level seating.

OK, I admit it: I'm posting just to see if WaPo would allow me to sign as "Stevan in Gaithersburg" now.

It appears the answer is "no."

Posted by: StevanF | October 23, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

hey, awesome play by ES
hope they go on to the WC!

KHSpartan11
formely known as Spartan..

Posted by: KHSpartan11 | October 23, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Quintanilla still sucks :)

Posted by: GoUnited | October 23, 2008 7:26 PM | Report abuse

hereĀ“s another video of the match

Posted by: info51 | October 23, 2008 11:55 PM | Report abuse