TV, Anyone?

MLS, New England-Kansas City 7:30 p.m. Direct Kick
Mexico, Tigres-Necaxa 8 p.m. Telemundo
MLS, Colorado-RSL 9:30 p.m. HDNet
MLS, San Jose-Toronto 10 p.m. Direct Kick
Mexico, Atlas-Santos 10 p.m. Telemundo
MLS, Chivas USA-Houston 10:30 p.m. FSC

Skip down to the rest of this thread for Sunday listings.....

SUNDAY
Mexico, America-Chivas 7 p.m. Univision
Germany, Hoffenheim-Hamburg 10 p.m. GolTV
England, Tottenham-Bolton 10 p.m. Setanta
Argentina, Racing-San Lorenzo 11 p.m. FSC

By Steve Goff  |  October 24, 2008; 3:00 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sol Women
Next: For Quaranta, a Special Day

Comments

Rats! Gotta Tivo the Chelsea game.

Posted by: Section117 | October 24, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Darn. It's supposed to rain this weekend. I guess I can't go out and rake leaves. I'll just have to find something else to do.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 24, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for hooking it up with the Sunday schedule too! I really like this weekly post!

Posted by: kris77 | October 24, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

UUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRs!

Posted by: Kev29 | October 24, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

I-270,

You haven't lived until you've faced your TV out your picture window so that you can rake leaves AND watch soccer.

Of course, sitting on the couch is much preferable.

Posted by: Kenobi | October 24, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Looks like my Sunday afternoon will be busy, oh so busy. Vamos United!

Posted by: SSMD1 | October 24, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kenobi | October 24, 2008 3:27 PM

Throw in a beer helmet and I can buy into that

Posted by: Kev29 | October 24, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Hi Guys. I used to be Karen but I guess I'm not anymore. Despite all my protestations to the contrary, I just added Setanta to my Cox Cable account. It will be too dark to rake at 7:00 o'clock in the morning, but that beer helmet idea sounds good.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | October 24, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Rivalry weekend....

PSG-Marseille
Sunderland-Newcastle
America-Chivas
RSL-Colorado...

OK, strike that last one.

Posted by: IamAM | October 24, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Got plenty of TV out here in Haymarket. Our town flower is the satellite dish.

It'll be like watching the entire Lord of the Rings movies without interruption -- except to refill the beer helmet, of course.

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 24, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

joedoc, that's a WV joke!

Love that Villarreal match.

Posted by: Reignking | October 24, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Veron to RBNY? C'mon now....

From Diario Hoy:

Just as before, when Juan Sebastian Veron re-signed with Estudiantes de La Plata, next week delegates from Red Bull New York will arrive to offer a succulent sum of dollars to "La Brujita" and convince him to join the Yankee team. The exact numbers have not been revealed, but MLS is talking about offering him a contract on level with David Beckham's ($250 million over five years). Brujita joked, "It makes me happy that they think I am still capable of playing soccer."

Believe it or not....

Posted by: 22206no1 | October 24, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

RSL-Colorado...

OK, strike that last one.

Posted by: IamAM | October 24, 2008 3:48 PM

Ha!

Posted by: Kev29 | October 24, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

This is a very, very good weekend to have Setanta, Karen.

By the way, if any have Setanta on DirecTV or Broadband - you can see the Sunderland-Newcastle and Bolton-Spurs matches live.

Posted by: Kev29 | October 24, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

DadRyan: You're gonna need another TV.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 24, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

"joedoc, that's a WV joke!"

Paddle faster, I think I hear banjo music!

(Seeing as I went to a WV school -- but not in Morgantown -- I can crack on the Wild and Wonderful state)

What has 3 teeth and is 50 yards long?

The line at the funnel cake stand at the West Virginia state fair (or, you can insert, "the line at the ticket window at a Liverpool game.")

For you Liverpool fans, I-270 told me to write that...

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 24, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

"For you Liverpool fans, I-270 told me to write that..."

Note to self, after dental appointment, add JoeDoc and I-270 to the list...

Posted by: BillUrban | October 24, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

I'm not afraid of all Merseysiders, just Joey Barton and his family.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 24, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

GO LIVERPOOL!

Posted by: mbhowa | October 24, 2008 9:39 PM | Report abuse

SMB-Newcastle is on Setanta Xtra live at 745am or whenever the game is supposed to kick off.

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | October 24, 2008 10:11 PM | Report abuse

The Hull City West Brom game is VERY entertaining!

Posted by: Beckster1 | October 25, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

DadRyan: You're gonna need another TV.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 24, 2008 4:50 PM

I actually need to upgrade, I don't get FSC or Setanta for that matter. I've heard folks talking about some changes in the channels lately, I recall whispers of Setanta showing up on peoples packages all of a sudden?
I'm in Arlington with basic comcast, anyone have a recommendation between Verizon, and Comcast? My heart tells me that switching companies may get me a 3 month deal but in the long run which is the best service to get in the 22203?
I'm prohibited from planting Haymarket's town flower as it's against the condo rules...
One perk to my basic comcast package is that I have Telefutura, and Telemundo, so I've caught a lot more CCL and also the Sunday MLS matches.

Posted by: DadRyan | October 25, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Verizon's FIOS digital package (the name has changed since I signed up) in MoCo has FSC and Setanta, as well as the ESPNs: regular (HD), -2 (HD), -Classic, -News. With broadbamd, it's cheaper that what I was paying for Comcast. The downside is that you lose Telefutura.

Besides, Comcast will keep telling you how much they miss you (your money), so you could switch back if you don't like it.

Tell MomRyan that FIOS HD has more educational channels for BabyRyan. (this statement has not been verified by the FCC)

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 25, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool FT

I'm going to be sick all week.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | October 26, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse