United-Revs, the Aftermath

Nice comeback. No, not the extraordinary one by that other New England team tonight. I'm talking about DCU against the Revs.

For some perspective, read my match report.

The video is here.

Tom Soehn, commenting on the young players' impact after filling in for injured starters all year: "It has helped us through some really difficult times and yet it has matured them in different ways. Now a guy like Francis steps up and is the hero on the day."

Soehn, on scoreboard-watching this weekend: "We can control only what we do. We will watch it and obviously know which teams to root for, but in the end, we just have to continue to do what we do. We still have one more game. We can't think that this is enough."

On Saturday, United needs Columbus to beat or tie New York, San Jose to beat or tie Kansas City and RSL to beat or tie Dallas. On Sunday, D.C. would like to see Chivas USA beat or tie Colorado. Got it?

PLAYER RATINGS
Crayton 7; McTavish 6, Peralta 6, Janicki 6, Burch 5; Khumalo 6, Simms 6, Quaranta 6, Guerrero 6; Doe 8, Emilio 5. Subs: Martinez 5, Moreno 7, Fred 6.

By Steve Goff  |  October 17, 2008; 12:59 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Conway, Parke Suspended, Fined for Substance Abuse
Next: Weekend Kickaround

Comments

I thought Burch had a pretty good game. 6/7

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 1:21 AM | Report abuse

Reposted (with edits) from the other thread:

I'm afraid to call that awesome, because it was even better than that. DCU playing as well or even better than they've played all year, but unable to put it in the net. They go on a break so promising it seems like there's no way they won't score, but Emilio somehow manages to give it up. The Revs come back with a great counterattack, leaving Crayton helpless (by the way, I've now looked at those replays several times and I'm 100% convinced the Revs' play was onsides all the way -- just a really well-timed run).

It's looking grim, but Soehn looks to his bench and finds some magic. Jai-me Mo-reno! Two magnificent goals by Doe. Sprung by Jaime's pass, he puts a serious move and makes a great shot to beat Reis, who left just enough room at the near post. Second goal -- by rights, he probably should have gone done with Parkhurst pulling at him, hoping the ref would have the sense to call a penalty. But, Doe refused to trust in the refs, and he fought to stay up and get the ball. He struck an incredible shot to beat Reis, this time to the far post. Sheer ecstasy! Utter Bedlam! I threw my beer after Doe's first goal! I never throw my beer.

Bill in Md -- you stole my line. I was going to promise to name a child, boy or girl, Francis Doe. If he never does anything else to remember while wearing the DCU kit, we'll never forget his performance tonight.

Doe actually looked really good all game. Even before his goals, I thought it was his most skillful performance.

I might add that Louis Crayton's save on that free kick late in the first half -- was the #3 play on SportsCenter's top plays. Definitely deserved to be there. Too bad they didn't also recognize how extraordinary Doe's performance was. Either of those goals could earn Goal of the Week. Forget Schelotto. Doe gets my MVP vote, if United makes the playoffs -- and, yes, just on the strength of one game.

Columbus -- look out -- there's a big, bad, black head of steam headed your way...

Absolutely magic tonight.

As Goff hinted at -- the Boston Red Sox somehow borrowed that DC United magic to stave off elimination tonight, too. The biggest comeback ever in a postseason elimination game.

There was magic in the air tonight.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | October 17, 2008 1:25 AM | Report abuse

I thought Burch did play pretty well, but Goff might have had a better vantage point. I will note, though, that he struck a wondrous free kick that would have been the play we'd all be talking about, if Reis hadn't made a great save.

I thought he hit some devent frees, too He did kill one attack by blasting a long-range shot right into the guy defending him. But, I thought he deserved better than a 5. When the difference between being the big hero and getting a 5 is a couple of inches, maybe the 5 is a bit harsh. In any case, I'm glad that Soehn is letting him take the free and the corners, now. He's easily the best choice, and I don't know what took Soehn so long to figure that out.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | October 17, 2008 1:30 AM | Report abuse

I guess the question that needs to be asked is, Where has that sense of urgency, that was so obvious tonite, been for the last two months? Don't start talking about how Columbus needs to be quaking in their boots until United actually get into the playoffs.

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | October 17, 2008 2:00 AM | Report abuse

Is Martinez in the dog house (not starting)?

Posted by: RIP General | October 17, 2008 2:15 AM | Report abuse

Well said, Fry

"Too bad they didn't also recognize how extraordinary Doe's performance was. "

The camera angles were not in good position. If there had been a camera directly behind Doe, it could easily be a number one on Sports Center.

Magnificent Goal.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 2:25 AM | Report abuse

Being a Maryland Alumnus, I have learned to put down all solid objects at passionate points during sporting events.

Hey, that hole in the wall was there when I moved in...

Posted by: Colm | October 16, 2008 10:21 PM

=============================

Once broke my TI-82 graphing calculator after wildly swinging my bookbag against the floor after losing a game of hockey on playstation freshman year at UMD.

Also, lord knows how many holes are in my childhood bedroom walls from various losses on Nintendo/Super Nintendo/Playstation games.

Oh yeah, not too bad of a game by DCU.
Anyone else notice Dyachenko didn't play? And DCU won?

Put 2 and 2 together.....

Posted by: Chief Clancy Wiggum | October 17, 2008 3:09 AM | Report abuse

P.S.

If there was ever any doubt that Jaime Moreno has a magical hold over this team, let tonight dispel it. When announcers and pundits refer to someone as "talismanic" (Christian Miles, please please please take note), it's not just that the guy scores a lot of goals. That makes the player a great scorer; of course you do better when your top scorer plays. "Talismanic" refers to players like Moreno who conjure greatness out of players who, without his influence, tend towards the ordinary. It's something beyond numbers. I think of players like Matt Le Tissier at Southampton, or Gianfranco Zola when he was at Chelsea. Steven Gerrard is talismanic for Liverpool these days. Marcos Senna is bordering on it with Villarreal. These are the kind of players that you don't just mentally trust to help your team succeed because they're better than other players; it goes beyond that.

And let me close by apologizing for letting what was supposed to be a simple "Moreno is magic" one-liner turn into a full paragraph on the slight misuse of a word.

Posted by: Chest Rockwell | October 17, 2008 4:23 AM | Report abuse

geez, I just read the rediculous comments from the loser-boy Steve Nicol claiming Doe was offsides on the first DC goal. I just watched mlsnet.com and Heaps (#6) easily kept him onside. For the 10,000th time I say: shut up Steve.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 6:40 AM | Report abuse

Agree with Fisch Fry that Doe looked great even before scoring. Not sure I agree on naming him MVP though ;)

I thought Burch and McTavish both played well tonight in defense, and Janicki too before leaving. I don't know if Martinez is in the dog house, but he probably should be after the Twellman goal. More likely I think he just lost his starting job to a more consistent player in Janicki.

Posted by: DCUMD | October 17, 2008 6:53 AM | Report abuse

I have always believed. Why would I stop now? :)

Posted by: GoUnited | October 17, 2008 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Great time at RFK last night. The Barra had that playoff vibe going thru it. The leaders got the Jaime Moreno chant going 5 minutes before he came in. Maybe there's our coach in there somewhere. ;-)

Posted by: DirtyHarry | October 17, 2008 7:44 AM | Report abuse

If you had to put DC's success last night and over the past 11 seasons in one word this would be it...

Moreno

Posted by: Southeasterner | October 17, 2008 7:52 AM | Report abuse

The game absolutely changed when Moreno got in there. He holds the ball, changes direction and puts the other guys in such a great position, that nobody else on the team can do. His influence the second he jogged on the field was noticable. Last year, I thought he was losing a step and then he got hurt. When he came back and started coming in during the second half of games last year, I noticed what he does to a game and have been a bleiever ever since. I will never question his worth again after last season. I know he is getting old, but I see no reason why he shouldn't be an integral part of this team until he decides he's done.

Posted by: moreno4prez | October 17, 2008 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Martinez should be in the doghouse after getting beat and trying to depend on the ref's making a call. It is that lack of discipline that is the coaches fault for not instilling a never die attitude. I fault the player too but the real culprit of the coaching staff.

Posted by: bobf | October 17, 2008 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Last night reminded me of the Open Cup game in Germantown against the Fire. Same as last night, Jaime came in and absolutely changed the dynamic of the game. He's been carrying this team on his shoulders for a long time now. Although I'd love to see it at a home game but if he gets assist #100 on the road they should give him ghe game ball.

Posted by: Chico | October 17, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Steve,

Do you know if there was any signal from the ref that he would have called a penalty kick if Doe hadn't scored that second goal? He was getting held up pretty good, but you never know if that call will actually happen.

Posted by: TG | October 17, 2008 8:20 AM | Report abuse

I thought Emilio deserved a better rating. Move the first header right 1 foot, and the second down an inch and we're up 2 goals at half time. If he didn't aggravate his hamstring, I think he will be on against Columbus.

Posted by: JAP | October 17, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, not too bad of a game by DCU.
Anyone else notice Dyachenko didn't play? And DCU won?

Put 2 and 2 together.....

Posted by: Chief Clancy Wiggum | October 17, 2008 3:09 AM
-------------------------------------------

My thoughts exactly! I said this walking back to my car last night. If they put Dyachenko, the entire stadium would have boo'd. I would like to think that Soehn is not that dumb to do something like that, but the fact is, he has done that before.

Great game overall! Good for Doe! He really needed that! Hopefully, they can take this momentum to Columbus next week.

Posted by: kris | October 17, 2008 8:37 AM | Report abuse

After the match, Soehn looked like he had just gotten a call from the governor saving him from the electric chair . . .

Nicol and the Revs would have liked nothing more than to knock us out of the playoffs! Not today!

Posted by: delantero | October 17, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Has anyone ever purchased RSL tickets? They dont use Ticket Master and the site is amazing! I'm heading to SLC this weekend and wanted to catch a game.

Unlike Ticket Master you can actually see all the seats that are available and pick the ones you want instead of having the one and only option Ticket Master provides you.

Plus they don't have the crazy per ticket "convenience" charges that Ticket Master has.

Please DC United do something like RSL and for the love of god end the Ticket Master scam.

Posted by: Rio Tinto Fan | October 17, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

So, if all those teams that Goff said needs to lose or tie, then we control our destiny next Sunday at Columbus?

If some win, then we are not technically out, but on the ropes?

Posted by: delantero | October 17, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

I was actually afraid that when they were up 2-1, Soehn would put in Dyachenko. I'm glad he didn't.

Not saying he's horrible, just that he tends to pass to the other team.

Posted by: Himes | October 17, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Stuff:

- Very fun match, wonderful sense of urgency from DCU that has been sorely lacking. Not perfect by any stretch, but man it felt good!

- Doe ran all night. Period. At one point in the 2nd half he tracked back 3/4 the length of the field to help out on D. Awesome display of reponsibility.

- Khumalo looked good, great touch receiving several long balls.

- Santino needs to take some off when volleying - just get it on frame, lad!

- Will they make the playoffs? Dunno. But this is very much the way to end the regular season at your home ground, by giving the fans hope, if not for now, then for the season to come.

Posted by: 22206 | October 17, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Had Santino been on target at all, that game would've been a blowout.

Posted by: RK | October 17, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

What's up with all the injuries to muscles. Does DCU have an incompetent fitness and conditioning coach? Do they have one at all? Is it our field or the way we train? Seems to me that we get way to many strains and pulls and the like.

Posted by: RRP | October 17, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Unbelievable atmosphere last night. Unbelievable game. Vamos United!!!

Posted by: Smitty | October 17, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

What a night! Both goals scored under my nose. The kids were sceaming and throwing popcorn. It sure felt good.

You have to feel bad for Santino. Just couldn't get it in the net. Something was off.

BTW, Goff, on Monday morning please make sure you list Shalrie Joseph's girlish pigtails under Coyote Ugly. What's up with that?
Wait... something in the back of my head is telling me you did list it before. True?

Posted by: MezzSouthGol | October 17, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Based on your grading system, how did Quranta get a six? Did you mean 6-3? He had better games.

Posted by: DC Fan | October 17, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Santino was like the catcher who couldn't throw the ball back to the mound after a pitch :)

Posted by: RK | October 17, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Steve: as we were leaving the stadium, my 6 year old asked, "Is Steven Goff going to write about this in the newspaper?" Just thought you'd like to know that you have name-recognition among the elementary school crowd.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | October 17, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

just a great game, doe's second was heroic. it's funny - this win might end up being meaningless if results don't go our way over the next two weekends, but i was more excited last night than i was at the open cup final.

Posted by: stairs | October 17, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

16k for a Thursday night game is quite good...

Posted by: RK | October 17, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I thought for sure Emilio was going to score after he missed a sitter, was a foot wide of the post, and then hit the post. Bad luck for him.

Posted by: strago | October 17, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

If DC United can win in Columbus, then they deserve to make the playoffs. The last time the Crew lost at home, it was July 20 against West Ham. You'd have to go back to June 7 to find the last time an MLS team (San Jose) beat them at home.

Posted by: TCompton | October 17, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Quaranta missed his shots, but he was in positions to take those chances that nobody else on the team has been able to get into all year.

Posted by: AlecW81 | October 17, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

@RRP
We covered this the other week, DCU doesn't seem to have a true conditioning coach (not listed in the web site, anyway)

But you bring up a good point about the field being the possible culprit for the muscle injuries. A DCU staffer told me back in June during the comical, deluge rainout with Houston, that the whole field was changed when the Nats moved in. They put in a firmer layer under the turf. This is why it doesn't drain well (baseball doesn't care since the sissies don't play in the rain)

You just have to wonder if it's a factor in the injuries. A good conditioning program with diet control and hydration mandates would help, too. You just have to wonder, what's Clyde Simms doing differently?

Posted by: MezzSouthGol | October 17, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Funny scene at the end of the match: Wells is walking off the field with Santino and laughing while swinging his left foot, as if to say "you would have had two goals if you hadn't insisted on using your right peg!"

Posted by: Hedbal | October 17, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

What a game!!

DC looked all kinds of ready for the fight and played well. But when Twellman slotted them 1 up my heart sank to my gut and I had that all to familiar feeling start to take over. That lasted for all of a few seconds, because of the way the team carried itself last night. They did not drop their heads, they rushed back to the business and continued the fight. Now if Twellman would have scored that second one? Well, let's just say it's a good thing that he didn't.

Was it just me or were those some of the most astute subs that Soehn has made in a while (if ever). I know, the injury situation molded that outcome somewhat but Soehn immediately going another DEF COM level up told the team, told the fans what had to be done.

One word...one name...JAIME. What happened after was best captured by Fry and his magic was best described by Chest. All I can say is that it's been a long, long time since I last enjoyed a DC game like last night's (and that includes some of the 1-0 wins we had when we were winning).

Bottom line these guys battled yesterday, and I give props to every single one of them. Some guys who were very impressive? Crayton, of course. Are you kidding me with that freekick save? Janiki (until he got hurt) - I really like this kid. Doe. I have been down on Doe for a while as he appeared to be all speed and no skill. I have never been so happy to have been so wrong. Kid still has a bit to learn, but he's farther along than I thought. Mush love to Emilio, as he was also a menance and was putting himself in great positions. Blast his injuries for robbing him that final, lethal finish that he is more than capable of sinking. And then there's...JAIME (I do not have the words to say more).

VAMOS UNITED!!

Posted by: Kosh | October 17, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

MezzSouthGol

He didn't, but I did throw it in the comments, so it sorta kinda has been covered.

Posted by: Jacob | October 17, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

solid performance last night and the defense came through in stopping and dangerous attacks. I'm not as concerned about the NE goal as it goes into the category of "stuff happens." The ongoing problem is the lack of central midfield control. Too many long balls were played as we don't have a true playmaker with Gallardo out.

Moreno coming in was a game changer as now there was someone who could actually direct play. Quaranta cannot do this and is really a winger, not one to play in the center. If Jaime's knee is bothering him he should be used for spot duty in the second half of the Columbus match for the mid-field spark we will need.

Posted by: Orange14 | October 17, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

What a great match. One word for Doe's second goal -- BEAST! Absolute refusal to be denied, just an awesome individual effort. These past few matches have been fun, just to see a lot of guys playing their hearts out. Good stuff, regardless of the outcome.

Posted by: teamn | October 17, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I'd like to appeal Goff's ruling that the NE goal was not offside. The offside problem is not Castro. He was on when the ball was struck. But Twellman was not. He was a step and a half ahead and therefore not eligible to receive the ball from Castro. The AR was probably looking primarily at Castro, who was closer and was receiving the ball and may well also have obstructed the AR's view of Twellman's position. The AR was probably pleased with himself for making the right, tough call with regard to Castro (and I'll admit when I saw it live I wrongly thought they were both off). But he missed Twellman, and the goal should have been called back. If you could score goals like this with impunity, final soccer scores would be 12-10 or 16-15.

Posted by: dcca | October 17, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

dcca -- that's what I thought! I asked the question on the next post, but was told I was wrong -- two different plays. Oh well...

Posted by: teamn | October 17, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Silently good game from Peralta, as well, who hasn't seen many minutes lately

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

twellman's position when the ball is played to castro does not make him ineligible to get a pass from castro.

the only question is whether castro was offside.

great game.

Posted by: scar | October 17, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

dcca:

Twellman's position on the play is irrelevant, sadly. You can be in an offside position when the ball is played, and if either a) you're not the target of the pass, or b) you're not interfering with the run of play, you're not offside. Further, once Castro passed Twellman with the ball, Twellman was no longer offside, since he was behind the ball, making the square ball Castro played to Twellman for the goal was perfectly legal. It was a difficult, but correct, call.

Posted by: Mike | October 17, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Dear Mr. MLS linesman:

I'm sorry. You were right on the offside no-call on the Castor/Twellman goal.

I also take back my suggestion, made after the first DC goal, of where you could then stick your whistle.

Carry on...

...hey, I gotta give them props when they are right. Don't know when it might happen again.

The other odd thing was the replay on the little monitor on the quiet side seemed to affirm my eyes: that he was offside. It wasn't until I saw the ESPN camera angle at home that I saw the glory of a correct referring decision in the MLS.

Posted by: Rob | October 17, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts on the game got eaten by the Post's blogging software (hence the one post I do have here starting with "P.S."). To try and sum up:

- Pro-Doe since we signed him, even after his disastrous showing against Rochester; kid has come up big in big games (Superliga, @ Saprissa, last night).
- Game was good but not great; slow start to both halves was once again a problem.
- Quaranta's courage enabled him to make a crucial play (flick-on to Doe) on a night where his finishing threatened to undermine his confidence. Great example of still coming through on a bad night. You can see that he is doing everything he can to learn from Olsen and Moreno.
- Seems reasonable to expect wins or draws for Columbus, RSL, and Chivas over NY, Dallas, and Colorado. KC is our problem this weekend, since the Quakes seem to have spent all their energy just to get back into the race. They have looked like a dead team in the past couple games, and KC is playing with a lot of grit and intensity. Still, getting 3 favorable results out of 4 would be nothing to complain about.

Posted by: Chest Rockwell | October 17, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Silently good game from Peralta, as well, who hasn't seen many minutes lately

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 12:20 PM

Can't agree. Not only did Peralta give up the ball when he was the last chance to prevent a Revs goal, I can't think of a single good play he made. Watching highlights, it seems ESPN credited him with clearing a ball out the box. I'm pretty sure it was Janicki who made that play. He got called for a grotesque shoving foul, that should've gotten him a card. He also got away with another one. I don't consider that a good play, just because the ref didn't whistle it. While I'm no fan of Martinez, I think Peralta has been even worse. They've both made some good plays, to be sure. On balance, though I'm sure we could do better.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | October 17, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DirtyHarry | October 17, 2008 7:44 AM

@ Dirty Harry -- I heard the chant, too --that's why I put it in my long post at the start of this thread. However, when I heard that chant, I was curious about why -- so I looked over at the far sideline and Moreno was checking in with the fourth official at midfield.

It might be romantic to think the Barra had anything to do with that substitution, but it was all Tommy Soehn. Moreno couldn't come on until there was a stoppage of play but the Barra chant started because Moreno was already up to sub in -- not the other way around.

I will note that it seemed to me the ref wasn't going to let Jaime come in. He seemed to be trying to get the play started without ever looking over to the 4th official, when the announcement came over the loudspeaker about the sub. It seemed to me that the announcer forced the ref into allowing the sub at that moment Did anyone else have that impression?

Posted by: Fisch Fry | October 17, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Fisch- I wasn't at the game, but watching on tv, the "JAIME MORENO" chant from the Barra was audible well before he entered the match. I have no idea whether or not he was already at least standing up getting his final instructions from Soehn when it started though. I don't think the chant influenced the coaching staff at all. I just think it was evident to everyone in the stadium that we needed to get Moreno in ASAP after Twellman's goal. Either way, that was totally cool.

Posted by: DCUMD | October 17, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to apologize publicly to the linesman, his mother, his sister and all other family members who I disparaged last night after what I swore was a missed offsides call on Twellman for NE's goal. I haven't seen the game on DVR, yet, but if Goffinho says he wasn't off, then I what I said last night was inappropriate and just wrong.

:-)

Posted by: Beaker | October 17, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

1.Peralta too high,Burch too low. In addition to his shots, Burch made several game-changing long passes; no one else can do that.
And pls remember, he is a converted forward,still learning D
2.Best game in a long time, but precisely because Moreno (and Fred) did NOT start. It was the young and hungry runners who set the tone. Bringing in Moreno for
PT in the second half should be the rule henceforth. No way can he play 90 minutes unless a healthy Gallardo is at his side.
He excells always for 5-15 minutes
but preciselt b/c he changes the flow, sort of like some relief pitchers in BB.
3.Agree with posters that Santino is not a normal CMid,but a winger
(as when he came up under Bruce and the MNT). Right now the USMNT has same problem b/c Bob B. refuses to let Freddy play that position.
4.Every successful team--club or n'l-- in the world has a SYSTEM which is orchestrated by an
acknowledged playmaker that others accept as such; e.g.Zouzou,
Marco E.earlier,Valderrama for years,Ballack,etc, all different but the team revolves around them.
Simms,Brian Carroll, Richie Williams,etc.did the dirty work so the maestro could direct. SQ
is running his butt off to help and compensate all over the field;
it is too much to ask him to also orchestrate and finish (maybe Essien when healthy?). DCU has to decide if they want to be a slower-moving Latin team with short passes and delicate touch or a hard-working fast-paced team without JM,Fred,Emilio,or even C. Gomez (last year) in the middle.
You can't be both,and you can't mix personality styles; e.g.why has Brazil failed to score at home in 3 matches straightwith their superstar-laden roster??
Or,why is England scoring under Capello and not his predecessors?
(My answer:B/c their present coach sees things on the field that others don't---and I put TS in the latter caregory).Coach P.

Posted by: CP | October 17, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I have a serious question to ask....Has Steve Nicol EVER lost a game that wasn't the refs fault?

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | October 17, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, not too bad of a game by DCU.
Anyone else notice Dyachenko didn't play? And DCU won?

Put 2 and 2 together.....

Posted by: Chief Clancy Wiggum | October 17, 2008 3:09 AM
-------------------------------------------

Posted by: kris | October 17, 2008 8:37 AM
===========================================

All of you Dyachenko haters missed him executing perfectly putting on his sweatshirt early in the first half though he did drop it first (twice) then kicked Fred in the shin and head butted Wells as he was leaning to pick it up.

You guys have to give him a break, I expect that by next year, he'll be able to flawlessly put on his clothing without assistance! Give him time.

Posted by: JSF | October 17, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Crayton: Sensational
Moreno: Sublime
Doe: Brilliant

The Drums & Crowd Energy Supporting DC United Last Night: Priceless

Posted by: spike_2.1 | October 17, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Himes | October 17, 2008 9:09 AM
...........................................

Perhaps you should be thankful that all three subs had already been used. Otherwise, who knows what might have happened?

Posted by: The Jeff | October 17, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

All haters of ROD!STOP,STOP, STOP showing your narrow-mindness and PREJUDICE!DO NOT BLAME HIM FOR ALL MISSED GOALS!DO NOT MAKE HIM THE SECOND CRAYTON IN THE LITERAL AND FIGURATIVE SENSE EVEN WHEN ROD WAS NOT IN THE GAME!

Posted by: person | October 18, 2008 3:44 AM | Report abuse