USA in D.C.

The opening day of USA training camp was rather uneventful. Much of the squad was traveling to Washington today from foreign destinations and not available for today's light workout. In attendance were Ching, Dempsey, Kljestan, Bradley, Altidore, Hejduk, Szetela, DeMerit, Orozco and Donovan. Coach Bob Bradley and assistant Peter Nowak were also on site. Goalkeepers coach Zak Abdel had none of his subjects with which to work.

Oguchi Onyewu will arrive today with a broken nose, suffered in the Everton match last week. It will not prevent him from playing against Cuba.

Charlie Davies and Hammarby went down to Goteborg today, 2-0. Davies will be the only U.S. player not available for Tuesday's training session.

A non-roster item: Benny Feilhaber, who is not here, had arthroscopic knee surgery recently and is sidelined for a few weeks for Aarhus in Denmark.

More later.....

By Steve Goff  |  October 6, 2008; 3:43 PM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gallardo Out for Season
Next: A Few Minutes With Bob Bradley

Comments

Goalkeepers coach Zak Abdel had none of his subjects with which to work.
-----------------
Why didn't they give Zach Wells a call?:-)

Posted by: dadryan | October 6, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Bad news for Benny. While it's not a ligament injury, once they start snipping away the cartilage, it's never the same. Even if he doesn't hurt it again, this will take a couple of years off his career...

Posted by: Fisch Fry | October 6, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Any updates on how many tickets have been sold for Saturday's game?

Also, what color do the US fans wear?

Posted by: Gigi | October 6, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Where are the Nats working out? George Mason?

Posted by: Nine | October 6, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

@dadryan - Great Minds think alike.

Couldn't Abdel at least have reviewed some game tape with Crayton and Wells? Or are they unfixable?

Posted by: Looking Dangerous | October 6, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Also, what color do the US fans wear? We always wear RED. (dont ask me why but thats what Sam's Army does)

Insider: Are any of the training session this week open to the public? If so, when? where?

Posted by: Michael | October 6, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Michael | October 6, 2008 4:52 PM

Except when we wear white. Or blue. Hmmm.

Posted by: viv | October 6, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

AND Don't forget grey, black, charcoal, whatever our away shirt is...

Posted by: Virginia Blue Blood | October 6, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

US Fans such as Sams Army wear red.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I figure I can cover all the color combinations if I wear a tie-dyed T-shirt and plaid pants.

Pretty much what I wear to the office everyday.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | October 6, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Any idea where the nats are working out??? Anyone??

Posted by: French Buffoon | October 6, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

You could just read one of Goff's blog entries to find out where the Nats are...

Posted by: RK | October 6, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

US Fans such as Sams Army wear red.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 5:08 PM

Are you Sam Anonymous? I've been watching the US for quite awhile now, and I see red, but I see lots of other stuff too.

And, in my experience, Sam's Army has more than its fair share of dicks in it. FWIW.

Posted by: viv | October 6, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

This is the second time (that I know of) Troy Perkins has been called upon. Will he actually come? Any chance of him playing this year or next?

Posted by: kris | October 6, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

I am wearing dc united training long sleeve shirt. I don't nat's uniform and am not going to buy one.

Posted by: td | October 6, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Just wear wtf you want as long as it supports the USA at the game... (if you are supporting USA at the game)

Posted by: Dougg | October 7, 2008 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fisch Fry | October 6, 2008 4:29 PM

Good news for US fans. Benny is a one hit wonder and belongs in the nether reaches of Scandanavia

Posted by: glove | October 7, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse