USA in D.C.

Twenty-one players participated in training today. The exceptions were forward Charlie Davies, who just arrived from Sweden and was doing regenerating work following a game on Monday, and defender Jay DeMerit, slowed by an undisclosed ailment.

The team played 10 v 10 (nine field players) for a portion of training. The groups were:

-- Cherundolo, Onyewu, Bocanegra and Pearce; Dempsey, Bradley, Donovan and Beasley; plus Ching.

-- Orozco, Edu, Califf and Hejduk; Szetela, Kljestan, Torres and Adu; plus Altidore.

Read into it. Or not. But I wouldn't expect too many surprises in Saturday's starting lineup.

I'll be back later with comments from Freddy Adu and Troy Perkins.

By Steve Goff  |  October 8, 2008; 4:51 PM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Kickaround
Next: A Few Minutes With Freddy Adu

Comments

The good vs the bad huh.

Posted by: the jim | October 8, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Oh, I'm reading into it alright.
First group are starters plus Howard and someone from the 2nd group.
How does Torres look Goff?

Posted by: swag | October 8, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

I would guess the 11th starter will probably be Kljestan (or maybe Edu) given those teams today.

Posted by: dabes2 | October 8, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

We have to read into it. How else will we inflate the hits on Soccer Insider?

Ching starting tomorrow? Maybe paired with Jozy?

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | October 8, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

I interpret this practice to mean Bradley is planning to start Orozco, Edu, Califf, Hejduk, Szetela, Kljestan, Torres, Adu, and Altidore? Where's Kenny Cooper?

Posted by: DWE4 | October 8, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Jozy will come off the bench. I think Bob Bradley's head would explode if he started a younger player who's not part of his family tree.

Posted by: Kenobi | October 8, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Any scoring?

Posted by: Ben | October 8, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Edu, Szetela, Kljestan, Torres, Adu, Altidore. That team should destroy the other team if you believe what's posted on various soccer message boards. So what happened?

Posted by: PS | October 8, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

So Edu is playing on the back line?

Posted by: Russ | October 8, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Someone slip tarded juice into the water cooler today?
What channels are Champions League on tonight and at what time?

Posted by: dadryan | October 8, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Heard it was 3-1 to the new gus

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Who were the goalkeepers for each group?

Posted by: sitruc | October 8, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Santos Laguna vs. Puerto Rico 19:00
Olimpia vs. Atlante 20:00
Municipal vs. Tauro FC 20:00
Joe Public vs. Montreal 20:00

Check your local neighbor's TV for the channels. I have not clue whether the times are local, GMT, or by Jack Warner's Rolex.

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | October 8, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Good looking on the times I-270. In Arlington it looks to be Santos Laguna vs Puerto Rico on Telefutura @ 8 followed by Olimpia vs Atlante @10. New South Park on tonight too...

Posted by: dadryan | October 8, 2008 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Montreal Impact 4 - Joe Public 1

Posted by: I-270, Exit 1 | October 8, 2008 10:01 PM | Report abuse

I interpret this to mean the RoboBob is an over conservative coach whos has done nothing to progress our program and will get us no farther than we got last time.

RoboBob is another USsoccer android whose head would explode if he actually took chances.

Posted by: Thora | October 8, 2008 10:52 PM | Report abuse

anyone catch Vilar's free kick golazo?

Posted by: dadryan | October 8, 2008 11:05 PM | Report abuse