Every Vote Counts

The finalists for the USSF's annual awards have been unveiled.

Categories: bar, store, blog, photos, video, goals, team performance and individual performance.

Click here and then hit the respective logos to view the candidates and cast your votes.

Since you are reading a blog now and probably read a lot of them every day, here are your choices:

*Soccer Insider (Washington Post)
*Goal (New York Times)
*The Red Card (Chicago Tribune)
*Soccer By Ives
*duNord
*Unprofessional Foul
*The Offside Rules
*Behind the Badge (D.C. United)
*MNT Blog (USSF)
*WNT Blog (USSF)

By Steve Goff  |  November 17, 2008; 11:22 PM ET
Categories:  Misc.
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: NCAA Tournament Set
Next: Good, Bad for Americans in Germany

Comments

You know you're the man Steve. Thanks for putting up with my dumb, dumbyness's;-)
No handed track stand on the podium;-0

Posted by: DadRyan | November 17, 2008 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Hey everyone, vote for Jeff York's picture for Best Fan Photo

[shamless plug]

Posted by: RSF85 | November 17, 2008 11:59 PM | Report abuse

How can you view the photos anyway?

Posted by: DadRyan | November 18, 2008 12:01 AM | Report abuse

You can click on the candidate names on each ballot to view the photo/video etc

Posted by: Steve Goff | November 18, 2008 12:06 AM | Report abuse

That's worked for you Steve? I can't get up a video, pic, nothing...
Must be our MAc...

Posted by: DadRyan | November 18, 2008 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Steve gets my vote. WSC had an interesting piece on bloggers earlier this year, but it has not made it up quite yet to their online archives: http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/category/4/15/29/

Posted by: Pedalada | November 18, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

The most interesting was the Best Team Performance. I went with USMNT v Poland. I can't vote for any tie...

Posted by: Reignking | November 18, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Best team performance HAS to be WNT gold medal final v. Brazil. A mens friendly or a youth team game? C'mon.

Best goal is Lloyd's strike to win that game, and best performance is either Rampone or Solo in that game, take your pick.

Posted by: OWNTF | November 18, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

My analysis of the candidates.

Soccer Insider: The best soccerblog in the history of soccerbloggery. Vote, delete cookies, vote again, repeat.

BTB, MNT, WNT: Bogus. These are press releases, not blogs. Crikey! Why don't they just call Dana Perino's press conferences The White House Blog? These shouldn't be on the list, and for USSF to nominate its own blog is worse than worst perception of Bradley's nepotism.

NYT: Sure, if you want your blogs updated every few days or so.

Offside Rules, Unprofessional Foul, The Red Card: Never heard of them until five minutes ago.

SBI: My friends, what do we know about this Ives Ahmadinejad Chavez Jong-Il Galarcep? He doesn't see soccer they way you and I - the Real America - see soccer.

Notable absence: MLS Rumors Rumors, The Onion of soccer blogs. EdtheRed: Dude, you wuz robbed.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 18, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Clyde Simms is up for best assist, in the USOC final.

Posted by: OWNTF | November 18, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

100% agree with OWNTF and voted that way last night. The best game I watched on vacation:-)
I still can't view the fan photos. WTFAIDW?

Posted by: DadRyan | November 18, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Best individual performance not listed: Natasha Kai torching the Canadians for three.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 18, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

270 -- check the first entry for best photo, it's a crowd shot from that game . . .

OK so I'm off to a slow start at work today . . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | November 18, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Behind the Badge is not that bad. They could do more with it. Towards the end of the Season they were posting up a nice graphic of the formation, starters, etc. I know we can get it here, but I honestly found some lineups posted there before Steve got em' up.
They also gave away free tickets for the most accurate score line predictions...
Go register, just don't say anything negative or you'll get the cold shoulder:-)

Posted by: DadRyan | November 18, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse