Americans Abroad

GOALKEEPERS
Brad Friedel 90 minutes in Aston Villa's 0-0 tie with Fulham
(Friedel sets EPL record for consecutive starts)
Tim Howard 90 in Everton's 1-0 win at Spurs

Jozy Altidore 77 in Villarreal's 2-0 win at Huelva
Freddy Adu did not play in Monaco's 1-0 win at Auxerre
Eddie Johnson not in the 18 for Cardiff's 2-2 tie at Swansea
Jeremiah White today for Aarhus vs. Odense

By Steve Goff  |  December 1, 2008; 7:50 AM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: NCAA Roundup
Next: Monday Kickaround

Comments

Simek is back amongst the healthy, yes? Any idea why he didn't play?

Posted by: Wendell_Gee | December 1, 2008 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Good to see Clint in the team. Nearly scored as well

Posted by: Kev29 | December 1, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Just how far has Eddie Johnson fallen that he can't even make the 18 man roster for his loan team Cardiff.

I've always felt he was WAY over rated and I couldn't believe he was considered for the US Nats a long as he was.

He is done. Put a fork in him.....

Posted by: dcufan53 | December 1, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I agree that EJ was over-rated, but he has played in 14 of Cardiff's matches and been on the bench in 4. By your logic, Beasley and Adu are also done.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | December 1, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Beasley and Adu are done. Edu, too. I thought Altidore might be done, as well, but he finally got some time. Szetela and Orozco are almost done.

At least, we have Dempsey....

Glad to see Berhalter made the list. His absence was conspicuous, even if he's not likely to get back into the mix with the Nats.

Boca seems to have weathered his release from Fulham. Rennes is in line to qualify for play in Europe next year. Perhaps even the Champions League.

Posted by: fischy | December 1, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I think the nail in the coffin for EJ is that the two Cardiff strikers went down, EJ went into starting line up and now can't even make the bench. That is very different than struggling to dress and play for a team that has strength and depth in your position.

Posted by: Beckster1 | December 1, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Ok, what the hell did Rangers even sign Edu or Beasley for?

Posted by: alecw81 | December 1, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Goff, what do u have against Matt Taylor? You can't even mention he scored his 5th Bundesliga 2nd division goal and played 90 minutes this weekend because you need the space to report the "did not plays"? This is not the first time you have shown your bias against him. Whats up? Why the snubs? You have an agenda? Thanks, Jim

Posted by: jim41 | December 2, 2008 12:15 AM | Report abuse

Wow, cool out, Jim. I don't have a bias or agenda against Matt Taylor. I simply lost track of him. Thanks for the update. I'll include him in future roundups.

Posted by: Steve Goff | December 2, 2008 12:36 AM | Report abuse

What do u have against matt Taylor? You don't report that he scored his 5th Bundesliga 2 goal, but many other "did not plays"? Did you screen my first comment?

Posted by: jim41 | December 2, 2008 12:45 AM | Report abuse

Don't be so defensive!!! I will cool out. Just hard to buy there is no bias when you have consistently omited him from your reports on Americans abroad. I am out. It is your rag, print what you want.

Posted by: jim41 | December 2, 2008 12:52 AM | Report abuse

I repeat: I lost track of Matt Taylor long ago. My bad. I will include him in the future. Please stop accusing me of bias or an agenda. What possible reason, other than an oversight, would I leave him off the list????

Posted by: Steve Goff | December 2, 2008 12:58 AM | Report abuse