Marshall in Germany

Michael Parkhurst is gone. Will Chad Marshall be the next out-of-contract center back to head overseas?

The MLS defender of the year who helped Columbus win its first league championship has turned up at German club Mainz for a trial.

By Steve Goff  |  December 8, 2008; 2:24 PM ET
Categories:  Germany , MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: College Cup TV and Times
Next: United Updates

Comments

To the last post:
I'm kind of shocked to hear other clubs interested in Gallardo. I suppose if he signed elsewhere, it would be a positive for D.C.

Posted by: redskinsux | December 8, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Steve, I'm disappointed. Chad Marshall has a try-out in Germany, yet you don't title the thread "The Marshall Plan"? You shouldn't have used up all the clever on Jimmy Buffet.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | December 8, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Add Jaime to the list of United players having hernia surgery in Germany...

Mainz, #1 in B.2. Not bad.

Posted by: Reignking | December 8, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: joedoc1 | December 8, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, joedoc1, for rubbing it in.
And they don't even mention how hideous the Sounder FC's "Rave Green" uniforms are. That is one bad green.

Oh, and good luck to Chad! Since his coach will (hopefully) be coming to Seattle, it's best to jump ship now.

Posted by: sounder4life | December 8, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SportzNut21 | December 8, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

> okay, maybe I'm crazy for noticing this, but did anyone else notice that soccer is lumped in with "women's sports" in the Onion's sports section?

Of course it is! 'Cause they are genii!

Posted by: sounder4life | December 8, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse