Moment of Silence

Terrible news from D.C. United: Midfielder Fred's father died in an automobile accident in Brazil. Fred has left New Zealand, where he was on loan with the Wellington Phoenix in the Australian league, and will rejoin his family in Belo Horizonte.

By Steve Goff  |  December 10, 2008; 2:55 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: CONCACAF Champions League Pairings
Next: Terps Prospects (Continued)

Comments

Good thoughts for Fred and family. YNWA.

Posted by: JkR- | December 10, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

So sorry to hear this.. Fred is a great person and my heart goes to him and his family...

Posted by: ajs101 | December 10, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Bless Fred and his family. So sad

Posted by: Kev29 | December 10, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

YNWA
sad news

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | December 10, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Condolences to Fred and his family.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | December 10, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

My brain forgot that Washington Post is on the civilized side of the Internet and potty mouth isn't allowed.

New comment, my condolences.

Posted by: Colm1 | December 10, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Terrible, terrible news. I am sure all the DCU fan community sends its heart fealt condolences. Fred, I am very sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family. God bless.

Posted by: bstanton20 | December 10, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure we all want Fred to know he has our sympathies in a time of such great and unexpected grief. There's no United fan that doesn't like Fred.

Posted by: fischy | December 10, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

My condolences to Fred and to his entire family. Awful news. I lost my own Dad 10 years ago and it still leaves a hole. Thoughts and prayers go to da Silva family.

Posted by: oz4dcu | December 10, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Fred.

Posted by: Smitty8 | December 10, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

That sucks.
Cars are Coffins.
Healing energy coming at you Fred and family.

Posted by: DadRyan | December 10, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Sad news as the holiday season begins. Condolences to Fred and all his family.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | December 10, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Deepest condolences to Fred and his family. Can't even begin to imagine what that flight back to Brazil from New Zealand will be like.

Posted by: Juan-John | December 10, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers go to Fred and his family.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | December 10, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Rest in peace fred's father. :(

Posted by: zosodave | December 10, 2008 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Heartfelt condolences to Fred and his Family.

Posted by: bigwave | December 10, 2008 9:28 PM | Report abuse

There are few days sadder in most everyone's lives. In my prayers, Fred.

Posted by: bdwooton | December 10, 2008 11:16 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers are with Fred and his family.

Posted by: beltwayrob | December 11, 2008 7:50 AM | Report abuse

This is horrible news. Our condolences to Fred and his family. You are with us in our thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: Kosh2 | December 11, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse