USA-Mexico Result?

I know it's early in the buildup to the Feb. 11 World Cup qualifier, but why not ask.....

By Steve Goff  |  January 6, 2009; 11:34 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , Mexico , U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tuesday Kickaround
Next: Quaranta Returns

Comments

Jozy & a fiery Landon with the goals.

Posted by: strago | January 6, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Why isn't there a choice for other goal differentials?

Posted by: sitruc | January 6, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Begin the year
With a friendly voice
A companion unobtrusive...

I went with 2-1, Americanos. Landon has a crazy game, as he often does against Mexico. Speaking of which, just picked up Rosetta Stone-Spanish so I can read the lips of the Mexican players saying nice things to Donovan.

Posted by: joedoc1 | January 6, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

US players wear special Apollo Oho signature boots and skate to a 6-0 victory.

And the fans sing:
Shala shalay hey hey.
Skateaway

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 6, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

... reading lips of Mexican players and London taxi drivers

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 6, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

... reading lips of Mexican players and London taxi drivers

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 6, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Is the next training camp going to be in a cold weather city in preperation of the Columbus temps?

Posted by: suns13 | January 6, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: suns13 | January 6, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Ya know that Ole Yanki-Yank had to go wit the 2-0. It's almost become a tradition. Are we gonna send our neighbors a bag full of Orange soccer balls again (coz the white ones will be nearly invisible in all that snow???)

I'm gonna make like Sportstalk 980's "Count and the Amount" from the Sportsreporters show (coz I'm a Ravens fan and they are such HUGE soccer supporters):

2 Assists for Landy.
1 Goal for Demps
1 Goal for DMB

5 yellow cards between the two sides. Lots of love. They continue the utterly classless and shameless tradition of refusing to shake hands and exchange jerseys as they sulk away (maybe Sven has more balls and class than his predecessors) after we hurt their feelings. My Tri supporting friends over on BS continure to justify their team's lame behaviour and tell me that I am taking it all too personally when it really is not.

Call your bookie right now. Another YYFreebie... Bet your March mortgage. Take a little out of your kids' college fund. If my pick doesn't win, I'll give you the rest of my WCQ picks for FREE... Don't you wanna be RICH?!?! You wife will thank you after you show her your winnings... You will owe me for the extra Valentine's Day Luvin... What are you waiting for???

Posted by: yankiboy | January 6, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Bet your March mortgage?! After Jan. 20, all of our mortgages will be paid off for us, won't they?

Love the Dire Straits reference, I-270. Well in.

Posted by: joedoc1 | January 6, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

yankiboy you my friend are a mofo'n riot dude!

I-270: I hope that was a typo. It's Apollo Anton Ohno. You better procure a NOS Ohno soul patch before you make those trips out to Seattle bro. Those Pacific Northwesters are fierce sticklers.

I say 2-0 USA. Good question on the run up training though eh?
Couldn't terrible conditions work against some of our players?
Looked like the Guats discovered Under Armour in Denver... How long will it take the Mexicans?

Posted by: DadRyan | January 6, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

My bad, I should have typed Chapines:-)

Posted by: DadRyan | January 6, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Yeah. It was a tyop.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 6, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

i haet tring to spel

:D

Posted by: mcontento | January 6, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

One L in Apolo Anton Ohno, if we're aiming for correctness. :)

2-1 USA. Altidore and Dempsey, both assisted by Landon.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | January 6, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

I don't know; we've been kicking Mexico's a#$ for so long now that they may be due for an upset. Sure hope not, though.

Posted by: hacksaw | January 6, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

SportzNut21 you don't live in Seattle do you? ;-)

Posted by: DadRyan | January 6, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse