Video: USA-Sweden Goals

All five of 'em.....

By Steve Goff  |  January 24, 2009; 11:11 PM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matchday: USA-Sweden
Next: Video: Beckham's Goal

Comments

NIce Steve! I was unable to watch the match so these goals are much appreciated!
Looks like Ching finally repaid Sasha for the goal he stole at RFK...
:-) Sweeeeet Stuff!

Posted by: DadRyan | January 24, 2009 11:19 PM | Report abuse

Well, I guess there can't be any complaining about the quality of the first or third goals for a change. Those were both classy. Agree with DadRyan: thanks for the highlighs, Goffinho!

Posted by: throwin | January 25, 2009 1:32 AM | Report abuse

lousy camera work, though,

Posted by: Wendell_Gee | January 25, 2009 2:14 AM | Report abuse

Hey Goff, is DeNunzio still editing your regular story about the game? Looking forward to reading about it since I didn't get to see it.

Posted by: troy6 | January 25, 2009 4:28 AM | Report abuse

Good showing all around save for our goalkeeping. Troy looked like his legs were made of concrete. Granted, the first header was perfectly placed, but he still didn't seem to react very quickly. That's too bad as I see him sliding on the chart after last night.

I was more impressed with this team than I had thought . . . Cooper didn't show very well though, which is disappointing.

Why hasn't Ching been given a spot in some 2nd tier Euro league?!? He clearly showed he can dole it out and hold his own.

Posted by: delantero | January 25, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Still loving the free kick and Ching's touches on the third.

Dadryan if you've got people coming down for the Battery game, I may try to make the trip up, keep me posted on any plans.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | January 25, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Sasha made that 3rd goal look easy...and most good players would, but thats the kind of shot most of our strikers have missed in recent games...I really hope he gets an actual shot with Celtic.

Oh, and Perkins wasn't at fault on either goal, I think it was more poor marking.

Not a bad result considering how few of these players will get significant time (if any time) in qualifying.

Posted by: Brian76 | January 25, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

""Oh, and Perkins wasn't at fault on either
goal,""

Not a keeper, but I think a better keeper gets a hand on one of those to knock it out . .

Guzan, Howard would have saved one of them.

I think Sasha "Jump Around, Jump Around" Klestjan's price just went up for Celtic, MLS should take 3.5 million, no less . . .

And another thing, his name is too hard to Spell.

Posted by: delantero | January 25, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

I like the idea of just calling him Sacha, we all know who we're all talking about. Or Emo. For some reason it just works.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | January 25, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I thought Perkins did ok.
I miss him. COME BACK TO DC!

Posted by: Konoha7 | January 25, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I understand Sacha. But Emo?

Posted by: carmines757 | January 25, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

His hair, leftover from when it was a little shorter and cut in the "emo" style

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | January 25, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

nice work from a lot of guys last night. Ching solidified his starting gig for Columbus. Sacha made a strong case. Cooper showed he's not ready for prime time. Bob's got some interesting decisions to make.

anyone see Becks' goal against Bologna? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dtNzQL3hhE

Posted by: joshuaostevens | January 25, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

And another thing, his name is too hard to Spell.

Posted by: delantero | January 25, 2009 1:27 PM

It's not that hard, but I can see you have trouble, as you goofed it in your post.

Kljestan. It ends in "Stan" for crying out loud, it can't be that hard.

Posted by: TrueCrew | January 25, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

And another thing, his name is too hard to Spell.

Sure, Klj is such an easy, regular, everyday way to spell in the English language that I should have seen it coming. It's just so phonetic.

Posted by: delantero | January 25, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Midwest spelling and grammar police???It is difficult to remember because he's not on DCU. I'm sure by the time qualifying comes to an end, Sacha's nickname will be set in stone. Honestly though, he's kind of moving into another subset of hair styles. He's potentially on his way to some more serious hair farming, the emo phase was him just teetering on the edge and wondering if he had the balls to grow it out.
Anywho... Found this slightly funny link, with a study of some soccer player's hair, nothing new, but it does explain to the older folks what Emo's is kind of all about.

Posted by: DadRyan | January 25, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Perkins not at fault? On the second goal, a very soft near post header?

Posted by: macheath | January 25, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

(Sorry to beat you to this Joe Doc)

Sacha Kljestan
Oh your time has come.
And you know that you're the only one
To say.
A Trey

Where you going
What you looking for
You know those Swedes
Don't want to play no more with you
It's true.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 25, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

JacobfromAtlanta-ish: If I roll down there I'll be rolling with the wife and kid. No official supporter's group affiliation for me. I am still wondering where the Barra or any SE's or just regular old fans will be looking to sit?
I'm sure I could go over to BS and find out more, but... I was hoping to find some answers here. I'd love to join some tailgaters as it sounds like Charleston gets down like that:-)

Posted by: DadRyan | January 25, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Tony Sannah to LA. Read it in USA today.

Posted by: VirginiaFan | January 26, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Guzan, Howard would have saved one of them.

Posted by: delantero | January 25, 2009 1:27 PM
__________________________________________

I can't believe that no one has invoked the name of Hope Solo.

Posted by: universityandpark | January 26, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Next thread, UAP

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | January 26, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

The next thread dealt with a different match on a different continent. There was occasion to invoke Saint Hope in both places.

Posted by: universityandpark | January 27, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse