Video: Donovan's Goal

Second-half header during Bayern Munich's 2-0 friendly victory at Kaiserslautern:

By Steve Goff  |  January 20, 2009; 9:52 AM ET
Categories:  Bundesliga , U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Inauguration Pitch
Next: Tuesday Kickaround

Comments

So, what's his transfer fee going to be?

Posted by: noptov | January 20, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

As much as I dislike Landycakes youthful ability to disappear... maybe the third times a charm and this will lead to his development of a world class player?

I promise to politely golf clap every USMNT goal he scores.

Posted by: PocketKings | January 20, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Hey Goff, Any updates on how Moreno is doing with his recovery? Will he be ready for training soon?

Posted by: kris77 | January 20, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Can't stand Donovan, but that's a very well taken goal.

Posted by: edgeonyou | January 20, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Good luck, Donovan. Hopefully, you'll earn your keep in Europe. We don't want to see you back in MLS for another six years or so, at the earliest. :-)

Posted by: SSMD1 | January 20, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Bianca could actually land a paying gig acting in German TV.

Posted by: alecw81 | January 20, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Fantastic goal!

He should have had an assist on a wonderful bending cross to Toni who botched a sitter.

Posted by: Palin-McCain2012 | January 20, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Donovan needs this transfer- USMNT needs it as well

Posted by: carmines757 | January 20, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I bet it was Landon's receeding hairline that helped make him more aerodynamic and thus contributed to the goal.

I'd also like to second the idea of Palin-McCain in 2012.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | January 20, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

I'd also like to second the idea of Palin-McCain in 2012.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | January 20, 2009 2:26 PM
===================================
I'm sure your endorsement will take em all the way!
(or at least make Obama's second campaign like stealing candy from a couple of kids on the short bus.)
Aloha!

Posted by: DadRyan | January 20, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

My endorsement should be taken as sarcasm. I'm a Ron Paul guy.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | January 20, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Great......politics. Can't even escape on my favorite escape blog. Thanks!!

Posted by: sobugged1 | January 20, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

I second any ticket with Palin on it. It's my fervent hope that the GOP puts her on the ticket for the next 30 years....

Posted by: fischy | January 20, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

That's a clinical finish.

Posted by: ImThatGuy | January 21, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse