Video: Goals

*David Beckham's superb strike against Genoa:

*The lone goal during Universidad de Chile's victory over Pachuca in the first leg of a Copa Libertadores preliminary-round series:

By Steve Goff  |  January 29, 2009; 12:28 AM ET
Categories:  Beckham , Italy , Libertadores
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United Statement on Marcelo Gallardo
Next: Thursday Kickaround

Comments

If we could have waited just a little while longer, we could have had the Swedish goal that beat Mexico.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | January 29, 2009 12:43 AM | Report abuse

I ask and I shall receive. News about Gallardo, Gomez and Beckham. I guess there's not too much surrounding Veron so I'll let you slide, Steve.

Thanks!

Posted by: redskinsux | January 29, 2009 12:47 AM | Report abuse

Do you remember when Gomez took a shot just like that against the team from Chile? (Catholic University? or something) in the Copa Sudamericana?

Ah... what a fantastic goal that was... a thing of beauty... then we blew the lead and got knocked out.

Posted by: TCompton | January 29, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Bye-bye, Becks...

Posted by: Juan-John | January 29, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

No way beckham is coming back.
I hope MLS gets a crapload of money for him; but good riddance.

Posted by: hacksaw | January 29, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I keep thinking the only people making money off this Beckham mess is adidas. I don't think this is much of a conspiracy with all the Milan and Herba-laxy kits being sold recently.

Posted by: IamAM | January 29, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse