Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch? How about Manchester United-Chelsea on Sunday?!

SATURDAY
Spain, Valencia-Villarreal 4 p.m. GolTV
Italy, Genoa-Torino 4:30 p.m. FSC
England, Portsmouth-Manchester City 5 p.m. Setanta
England, Everton-Hull 6:45 p.m. Setanta
England, Middlesbrough-Sunderland 8 p.m. FSC
Argentina, Independiente-Racing 11 p.m. FSC

Continue below for Sunday listings.....

SUNDAY
Australia, Sydney-Wellington 2 a.m. FSC
England, Wigan-Spurs 8:30 a.m. Setanta
Italy, Juventus-Siena 9 a.m. FSC
Spain, Mallorca-Real Madrid 11 a.m. GolTV
England, Manchester United-Chelsea 11 a.m. FSC
Italy, Roma-AC Milan 2:30 p.m. FSC
France, Bordeaux-PSG 3 p.m. Setanta
Spain, Osasuna-Barcelona 3 p.m. GolTV
Interliga finals, 7 p.m. Fox Espanol
Interliga finals, 9:30 p.m. Fox Espanol

By Steve Goff  |  January 9, 2009; 12:05 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Kickaround
Next: Soccer History (Continued)

Comments

Definitely Man-U vs. Chelsea....should be a good one!

Vamos United!!

Posted by: Smitty8 | January 9, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Definitely Man-U vs. Chelsea....should be a good one!

Vamos United!!

=======
except that ManU sucks right now that they can't even beat Derby.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | January 9, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

except that ManU sucks right now that they can't even beat Derby.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | January 9, 2009 12:32 PM

You mean their reserves "suck" right now. Not that I'm apologizing for them.

A pretty good Chelsea line-up failed to beat Southend at Stamford Bridge last weekend...

Posted by: Kev29 | January 9, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

My father is over in England at the moment on a bit of a football tour with the University of Evansville soccer coach. Incredibly, they have tickets to see both the Villa-West Brom and Stoke-Liverpool matches on Saturday, as well as the ManU-Chelsea match on Sunday.

Posted by: mkpage | January 9, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

i'm sure all the EuroSnobs are drooling over this one! they'd rather watche these english nancy boys than do something REALLY american and watch the nfl playoffs.

Posted by: pimpdaddy2000 | January 9, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Which NFL game is on at 11 am, Nancy?

Posted by: JkR- | January 9, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Silly me. I thought one of the founding principles of this country was freedom of association.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | January 9, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Oops I had an extra "freedom" in there. How unpatriotic of me.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | January 9, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

HOw many days till the first game Curious99?
All this pointy ball and EPL talk is enough putting me to sleep.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz.
Wake me up when Champions League starts up again.

Posted by: DadRyan | January 9, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I'll be watching the Valencia Villarreal derby, with two Americans on the roster...

Posted by: Reignking | January 9, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

ManU reserves? They might not have run out a complete first team, but I wouldnt call Ronaldo, Rooney, O'shea, Vidic, Scholes, Nani, Rafael, Anderson and Tevez a bunch of reserves. Did you even watch the game?

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | January 9, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

wha- whaaaaat?!?!!?

Cristiano Ronaldo at 11am followed by the epic battle between Francesco Totti vs. Davod Beckham?!?!

time to get the smelling salts out people!

Posted by: vmrg1974 | January 9, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | January 9, 2009 1:57 PM

Yep - congrats to Derby on the first leg.

Ronaldo, Rooney and Carrick were substitutes. Kuszczak, O'Shea, Scholes, Nani, Rafael, Welbeck and even Tevez are not in their Premier League first 11.

Posted by: Kev29 | January 9, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | January 9, 2009 12:59 PM
===============

That's why the Potomac bridges are closed on January 20th - to keep you tea-drinking soccer-loving, Northern Virginia liberals out of real America.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 9, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Another TV note (well Intertubes)...

Reading v Watford on ESPN360 now (3 ET)
Jay DeMerit playing - Bobby Convey not even on the bench :-(

Posted by: Kev29 | January 9, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Independiente v Racing and Roma v AC Milan for me.

Posted by: CHICO13 | January 9, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

@mkpage

I'd like to think there is alternate universe, or somewhere in England, where someone says on their Baseball Insider blog that their father has traveled to the U.S. to see Orioles-Twins and Nationals-Reds on the same day.

I hope... I hope...

Posted by: IamAM | January 9, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Plenty of tasty matchups, going to be pushing my DVR to it's limit. A perfect TV weekend for the snowstorm which is hitting here in Chitown.

However I will be missing some live NFL on Sunday to watch this:

AS ROMA vs AC MILAN

Welcome to Serie A, Mr. Beckham!

Posted by: Gilly73 | January 9, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Saturday morning is for cartoons!

Posted by: fonkyou | January 9, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Definitely will watch then Man. United v. Chelsea game, its time Man UNited get back on track to the title. Hopefully Tevez starts and scores the winner.

Then I'll watch the Roma v. AC Milan depending on how the playoff game goes.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | January 9, 2009 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Saturday morning is for cartoons!

Posted by: fonkyou | January 9, 2009 5:58 PM
=====================

Another cable-less household heard from.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 9, 2009 11:02 PM | Report abuse