Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?

SATURDAY

Mexico, America-Toluca 5 p.m. Univision
Mexico, Puebla-Necaxa 5 p.m. Azteca America
UNCAF Cup, Guatemala-Costa Rica 7 p.m. Galavision
Argentina, Boca Juniors-River Plate (taped) 8 p.m. FSC

By Steve Goff  |  January 23, 2009; 10:40 AM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Kickaround
Next: DCU Scheduling Change, Kirk Update

Comments

Fulham.

German press calls Donovan "Der US-Boy" among other things.

Posted by: OWNTF | January 23, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

What about the South American U20s? Man I'm bummed Dish dropped Gol TV.

Posted by: MitchTooMuch | January 23, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Um, not listed:
Sunday:
England FA Cup, Liverpool-Everton 11 a.m. ET Setanta

Match of the weekend, IMHO.

Posted by: EdTheRed | January 23, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Is Beckham playing for the Rossoneri?

I'm interested in watching Guzan for Villa, though the Spurs-United match is by far the most interesting match-up on that side of the pond. The Boca-River Plate match is the most appealing clash of all. But, the SUM-sponsored Sweden-USA match will be the only can't miss tilt for me.

Posted by: fischy | January 23, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

"Der US-Boy?" Good thing there are no purity in language rules for German media.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | January 23, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

@I-270Exit1: the only purity rule the Germans really care about is the Reinheitsgebot.

Posted by: EdTheRed | January 23, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the reminder, EdTheRed

I added that game as well as the Arsenal match

Posted by: Steve Goff | January 23, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Is Beckham playing for the Rossoneri?

=====================

I think he's gone 80+ minutes last 2 games. One I watched he was working hard on defense, which was a bit of an oddity.

Posted by: OWNTF | January 23, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I'm disappointed that Gol TV is showing a rerun of a U-20 match instead of Villarreal v Osasuna. Jozy was named to the squad, and Nihat is once again hurt.

Posted by: Reignking | January 23, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

There's never anything on.

Posted by: sitruc | January 23, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

No TV on Saturday -- I'll be at the VYSA Workshop in Arlington. If any Insider colleagues are there, stop by and say hello at the PSW booth (43, I think).

With the changes Arena is making in LA, along with good form from Beckham upon his return from Italy, I'm afraid the Galaxy may be in the hunt again this year.

Posted by: joedoc1 | January 23, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

ManU-Spurs; Juventus-Fiorentina; San Luis-Pachuca; River Plate-Boca Juniors;Bologna-AC Milan and some other games on espn360. I dupmed comcast and got verizon FIOS. It's great. So many channels of beautiful game that none of the cable tv have thought about.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | January 23, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Interesting triple header on Galavision

Posted by: Kev29 | January 23, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: joedoc1 | January 23, 2009 11:52 AM

Wooah now!
Hold them horses!!!

Posted by: DadRyan | January 23, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Wife starts class this weekend...

Doncaster-Aston Villa
Manchester United-Spurs
USA-Sweden
Cardiff City-Arsenal
Liverpool-Everton
Torquay-Coventry

:-)

Posted by: Kev29 | January 23, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

It's the Gals. They'll be competitive again once my dog begins announcing games for FSC. Then again, Max Bretos is still employed there, so maybe Ol' Red has a better chance of gainful employment then I thought....

Posted by: throwin | January 23, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait to see EJ against Arsenal. Dempsey should get some playing time.

Posted by: socceraddict | January 23, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

The Boca v River game has got to be the most exciting of all games going on this weekend, even though it is only the Copa Torneo de Verano.

I am quite excited for it.

Posted by: bigbadbri | January 23, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Kev, if you really LOVED your wife, you'd spend Saturday painting.

Posted by: joedoc1 | January 23, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

My dream slate for the weekend:
FRIDAY
U20 South American Championship, Ecuador-Colombia 6:00 p.m. GOL-TV
U20 South American, Argentina-Peru 8:00 p.m. GOL-TV

SATURDAY
England FA Cup, Doncaster-Aston Villa 10 a.m. FSC
England FA Cup, Manchester United-Spurs noon FSC
La Liga, Barcelona-Numancia 4 p.m.
England FA Cup, Kettering Town-Fulham 4:30 p.m. FSC
Argentina, River Plate-Boca Juniors 7 p.m. Fox Espanol
Friendly, USA-Sweden 8:30 p.m. FSC, Galavision

SUNDAY
La Liga, Real Madrid-Dep. La Coruna 3:00 p.m. GOL-TV

Posted by: soccerman | January 23, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I thought my husband said he wanted to see Pompey this weekend. I thought: they're playing Swansea but is it on TV? Turns out he thinks we've been watching too much football and he wanted to see the Pompeii exhibit at the National Gallery.

You say pom-pay; I say pom-pee.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | January 23, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Kev, if you really LOVED your wife, you'd spend Saturday painting.

Posted by: joedoc1 | January 23, 2009 2:08 PM

Yeah, like she trusts me to do that!

I can't wait to see EJ against Arsenal.

Posted by: socceraddict | January 23, 2009 1:04 PM

You'll probably have to watch him sit on the bench for some, if not all, of that one.

Posted by: Kev29 | January 23, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse