Video: Pachuca and Barcelona

I am off to Columbus soon. If the skies are indeed friendly, I'll rejoin you after USA training late in the day. Feel free to discuss any matters in the comments section of this thread.

Pachuca 3, America 1:

Barcelona 3, Sporting Gijon 1:

By Steve Goff  |  February 9, 2009; 10:23 AM ET
Categories:  Mexico , Spain
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Americans Abroad
Next: United Nears Deal for Gomez

Comments

"Feel free to discuss any matters in the comments section of this thread."

Uh-oh.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 9, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Barcelona has 3 of the top 5 scorers in La Liga. Only 7 points from our haul last year, and it's only the second week of February.

Well on the way to a double (hopefully more...) this season. It could be a record breaking season in terms of goals against and goals for, plus Etoo could be in third place on the all time scorer's list for Barca by the end of the season, too..

Posted by: NattyBo1985 | February 9, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Sooo, on ebay, average ticket for Wednesday is up around $125. One offer threw me for a loop, the bidding still has 5 days left...

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | February 9, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

When saying "Barca": hard "c" or soft? I never know what to tell my kids.

Posted by: joedoc1 | February 9, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Soft C, Joedoc, but perhaps you should ask Nattybo, who appears to be on the squad....?

I kid, I kid...

Posted by: JkR- | February 9, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Jose Francisco Torres was superb against Club America. He was soooo smooth and calm with the ball at his feet and moved it around errorless. He plays such a smart game it almost appears effortless because he's in such control. On the YouTube clip above, it wasn't showed but on Pachuca's 3rd goal he sent an abosultely picture perfect long ball to Edgar Benitez who slotted it to Blas Perez for the finish. JFT did these types of things all match. He completed an array of different types of passes and tracked back and disrupted America's attack. I feel sure we will see JFT, at some point, against Mexico.

Posted by: MichaelVann7 | February 9, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

When saying "Barca": hard "c" or soft? I never know what to tell my kids.

Posted by: joedoc1 | February 9, 2009 11:15 AM
==================

My mnemonic device is soft "c" like in Eurosnob. Oops, I meant like in UNICEF.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 9, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Soft "c" it is.

Now, how about Celtic?

Posted by: joedoc1 | February 9, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Whatever Tommy Smith says... or is it the opposite of whatever he says? Why are you teaching your kids this stuff anyway? Teach them how to pronounce American names, like Oguchi Onyewu and Sacha Kljestan.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 9, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

that Barca fastbreak was incredible.

Posted by: doh1 | February 9, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse