AC, Inter, Chelsea U.S. Details

The official match schedule and TV details won't be formally unveiled until 12:30 p.m. this afternoon, but according to Ticketmaster, here are four of the six games:

July 21: Chelsea vs. Inter Milan at Rose Bowl, Pasadena
July 22: AC Milan vs. Club America at Georgia Dome, Atlanta
July 24: AC Milan vs. Chelsea at M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore
July 26: AC Milan vs. Inter Milan at Gillette Stadium, Foxborough

The America-Inter and America-Chelsea games were not listed.

By Steve Goff  |  March 24, 2009; 9:02 AM ET
Categories:  England , Italy
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: Tracy's Goal
Next: World Cup, NCAA Style (Midwest Region)

Comments

Huge game for Atlanta -- I just wish that it were on a weekend.

Posted by: Reignking | March 24, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Steve, do you know who is organizing these games?

Tickets are on presale for Falcons season tickets owners, so maybe Arthur Blank is involved. If he is, he may want to have some Atlanta MLS supporters organize for the match.

Posted by: Reignking | March 24, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Hey Goff- Will you be giving us any updates from RFK today?

Also, will you be doing your "The Good, the bad and the ugly" blog this season?

Posted by: kris77 | March 24, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

The Baltimore blast are selling the tickets for the Baltimore game. My ticket guy at the blast is 410-558-4360

Posted by: BmoreFan | March 24, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

i ordered from that number...and i realized how silly it was to just give that guy my CC. then i search the Blast's number, and it seems legit. If I get defrauded here, I will lose faith in humanity.

Posted by: jonfhoffman | March 24, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Big chance for Atlanta to prove what I've been saying. I'm expecting a huge turnout...just watch.

But I always thought the GA Dome was too narrow for soccer.

Posted by: afadgsafhgd | March 24, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I found some more info -- the Falcons / Blank are organizing the game in Atlanta.

Posted by: Reignking | March 24, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Reignking | March 24, 2009 12:30 PM

Well, its about time. The only reason all these other people don't believe Atlanta's potential is we've never been given the chance. This is the first world-class game to be played in the city that I can remember.

Posted by: afadgsafhgd | March 24, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone really care to see any of these teams?

At least they are going to new cities.

Posted by: davidc4 | March 24, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I personally wouldn't mind going to the game in BMore, as I mentioned before the *desperate housewives* of my condo suggested making a *family trip* up there and tailgating all day...
Considering it's on a Friday I'd be really surprised to see everyone willing to take it off, Beckham or not...
I'd also agree that there might be something to seahawkdad's suggestion that United fans try to create a strong presence at this game to somehow show Maryland how soccer crazy we all are. That being said, I have to pinch pennies to make it to the United matches I get to go to, and it's not like United has any involvement in this game. A butt ton of Tifo and loud fans somehow drawing the right kind of attention to themselves would be crucial, I just don't know if that's in the cards for me.
We'll see though...
Baltimore is a party boys paradise....

Posted by: DadRyan | March 24, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, been thinking for a week, and we need to, at multiple times during the Atlanta game start a song to the tune of "Now bring us some figgy pudding"

"Now bring us an mls team,
now bring us an mls team,
now bring us an mls team,
would you please Arthur?"

The only reason I don't already have my ticket is beacuse I will wait for my friends to say "yes" and my check next week.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | March 24, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse