Bradley Scores Twice

USA midfielder Michael Bradley scored in the 24th minute, then added another goal in the 86th during Moenchengladbach's 4-2 Bundesliga victory at Cologne. The first strike came from close range, the second on a penalty kick.

He's, uh, pretty good.

By Steve Goff  |  March 14, 2009; 12:35 PM ET
Categories:  Bundesliga , U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mystery Solved
Next: Freedom, United Friendlies

Comments

He's no Ezra Hendrickson. That's for sure.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | March 14, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

We need more coach's sons that grew up around the game.

Kenny Arena, where are you!

Posted by: Reignking | March 14, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

No, he only plays because he's the coach's kid. Sheesh, don't you read the interwebs?

Seriously, it's impressive for him to be taking penalties, here's to hoping they stay up. Or maybe better for mikey if they don't, since he's sure to get sold on then, be nice to see him get a shot at some Europe action before the world cup.

Posted by: joshuaostevens | March 14, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Hes gonna be such a big star in Europe and be the future captain of UMNT.

My favorite player.So Glad for him, Altidore,Adu should learn from him.

Posted by: wally91 | March 14, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

it sucks he's still chased by the shadow of nepotism. time to move on.

Posted by: beergorila | March 14, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Agree with beergorila 100%.
Sucks there won't be a live stream of the game tonight. I really wanted you guys to see my Party Boy get up if and when Pontius scores again...

Posted by: DadRyan | March 14, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

The only real grip was the unwarranted opportunites he got early on. But he has certainly taken advantage of his chances on every level. Good for him.

Posted by: euroman | March 14, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Bah.
-He's only getting playing time because he's the coach's son.
-He's not the best player at that position.
-He's gives the ball away too easily.
-The team need someone else in his position.

Oh, sorry......we're talking about his play at Moechengladbach....nevermind.

Posted by: DrBeaker | March 14, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I think I speak for the majority Dad when I say I'm pretty sure none of us want to see you in your "Party Boy" getup. ;)

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | March 14, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

DadRyan, where was lunch today?

Posted by: Reignking | March 14, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheGreat8 | March 14, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

"I'm hoping all the talk of nepotism when he plays the USMNT will dissipate as he keeps up his good run."

---

That would require someone on the intertubes to admit they were wrong. Such an event would probably unravel the fabric of space and time.

Posted by: ashleybone | March 14, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I'm just amazed that Bradley is the u-20 product scoring all the goals. I have a soft spot for Sal Zizzo, and I think he has the potential to be a true starting winger. He is finally getting minutes, which I am happy about.

Him aside, Freddy and Jozy are being treated with little to no care or respect. Only Fulham believes that US players are worth anything. Monaco and Xerez like the publicity, but don't realize their sitting on golden eggs.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | March 14, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

He only scored for Moenchengladbach twice because his dad is the coach of the US national team.

Posted by: sitruc | March 14, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

"Good showing by Brads (both on the score sheet and, from what I hear, overall on the pitch). Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. He's not going to be a real scoring threat.

Posted by: TheGreat8 | March 14, 2009 2:23 PM "

I guess that's true technically, since he already is a real scoring threat. Fine analysis.

Posted by: fuzzyzilla | March 14, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Dr. Beaker, you forgot that:
- every single game, he makes silly fouls and ends up with a card.

Just look at the Mexico game... er, well, maybe that's an exception... He'll get tons more, I swear.

Posted by: Modibo | March 14, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Why aren't Bob's other kids playing soccer? :-)

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 15, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse