Greetings From the Warehouse

Actually, it's a Fairfax County indoor facility -- unheated, buzzing lights, small turf field. D.C. United is here because the RFK training grounds were buried by a rare March snowstorm and because they're not leaving for Charleston until Thursday.

All four goalkeepers are here: Crayton, Platter, Thorpe and Kocic. Unless something unexpected occurs, Platter will be acquired from Minnesota and Kocic or Thorpe will fill the developmental slot. Kocic has a Swedish opportunity as well.

Details and quotes to come after training.....

By Steve Goff  |  March 3, 2009; 1:29 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: MLS, World Cup, WPS Updates
Next: DCU Update

Comments

Did the team request that you not name the practice location?

Posted by: Curious99 | March 3, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Hey, look who gets to play today...

Cardiff vs Barnsley

Cardiff: Konstantopoulos, Blake, Gyepes, Roger Johnson, Kennedy, Parry, Rae, Ledley, Whittingham, Eddie Johnson, Chopra

Subs: Capaldi, Owusu-Abeyie, Comminges, Scimeca, McCormack

Posted by: Kev29 | March 3, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Oh to be young and have a Swedish opportunity . . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | March 3, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Anyone have that link to the indoor facility being constructed in PG County that had United's logo at midfield?

Posted by: alecw81 | March 3, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Can I guess the location... South Run?

Posted by: Gooner | March 3, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Steve maybe you could enable the GPS and along with the twittering we could know exactly where you are at all times. A kind of virtual Soccer Insider?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 3, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

At the Warehouse...

Posted by: Reignking | March 3, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Gooner, I suspect you're correct, based on Steve's description. However, I did see Tommy S. at Dulles SportsPlex on Saturday. Perhaps he arranged a session while he was there (presumably watching one of his kids?)

Nice guy, Tommy. I bugged him for a moment and introduced my 11-year-old son, and Tommy didn't hesitate to start a (brief) conversation with him. All of 2 minutes, but it was nice of him to give the time.

Posted by: joedoc1 | March 3, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

@ alecw81: I tried to play in the PG county league and I found out that the facility hasn't even been built. They don't even have investors yet. I'm afraid it's more wishful thinking than anything else.

Posted by: mbyrd28 | March 3, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing South Run as well!

Posted by: DCU_VW | March 3, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I think South Run is the winner as well. Dulles Sportsplex isn't in Fairfax County.

Posted by: owendylan | March 3, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse