Kamara Suspended

Houston Dynamo forward Kei Kamara has been suspended two league matches and fined $500 by MLS Commissioner Don Garber for an incident at the Feb. 15 friendly against San Jose. After an investigation, the league ruled that Kamara made inappropriate comments to an official. He will miss Saturday's opener against visiting Columbus and the March 28 home opener against the Earthquakes.

By Steve Goff  |  March 16, 2009; 7:36 PM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: USA, T&T, Freedom, Real Md.
Next: Tuesday Kickaround

Comments

Two matches for comments? I dont't think I want to know what he said.

Posted by: sitruc | March 16, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Five hundred bucks. Wow. Can you imagine an NBA player getting fined $500? He'd pull out a wad and ask, "So, who do I give this to?"

Posted by: joedoc1 | March 16, 2009 8:07 PM | Report abuse

If I was an NBA player and the fine was $500, I might do it to the commissioner out of spite.

Posted by: sitruc | March 16, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Dudes. Screw the NBA. Is anyone else gonna join the Soccer INsider Argy Bargy fantasy league over at fox soccer/Mlsnet.com?
Bring it on folks, we got to *grow the league*:=)

Posted by: DadRyan | March 16, 2009 10:02 PM | Report abuse

and Blanco got what for allegedly assaulting someone?

Posted by: diego_r | March 16, 2009 10:07 PM | Report abuse

And this was before Houston's bench-clearing brawl vs. Chivas USA in another friendly where Ricardo Clark was ejected.

Kinnear's a good coach but a total hothead and he seems to be transmitting it to the team. Fear of losing what they had. Desperation after that ugly loss to Atlante.

Posted by: Shmenge | March 16, 2009 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Does the MLS season really start in 2 days? Is it me, or is this the least publicized MLS campaign in recent history?

Posted by: churtmah | March 17, 2009 1:19 AM | Report abuse

"Is anyone else gonna join the Soccer INsider Argy Bargy fantasy league over at fox soccer/Mlsnet.com?"

Is it single table?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 17, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Ha! Why yes it is I-270Exit1, come join the party.

Posted by: DadRyan | March 17, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I'll be all over the Soccer INsider Argy Bargy fantasy league! thanks for putting the word out BEFORE the season started.

Posted by: The_Dude_Abides1 | March 17, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

btw, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Posted by: The_Dude_Abides1 | March 17, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Good to see Houston continuing their winning ways...

Posted by: Brokenbil | March 17, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse