Maradona, Olsen, USA, RFK

While you are enjoying the World Cup qualifiers this afternoon, take a few minutes to read:

*The Post foreign service's feature about the cult of Maradona in Argentina.

*My Ben Olsen feature.

*A quick look at the USA-El Salvador match.

*The Capital Weather Gang's forecast for RFK.

By Steve Goff  |  March 28, 2009; 1:18 PM ET
Categories:  Argentina , D.C. United , U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United Acquires DiRaimondo
Next: Matchnight #2: United-Fire

Comments

I think it's absolutely pathetic the game will not be broadcasted on TV.

Posted by: redskinsux | March 28, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Well, it shows up on Direct Kick on DirecTV.....hoping I am getting a Chicago feed cause I can't make it to Lake RFK tonight.

Posted by: sobugged1 | March 28, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Hi Steve,
Is there any truth to the rumor that Mayor Fenty is travelling because he's being considered for an ambassador appointment? This would result in a new Mayor and possibly a more favorable dynamic for a stadium in DC?
Best,
David
PS - this internet nut started the rumor. But Fenty does seem to be making strange unannounced trips all of a sudden, even taking him away for the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival that he was supposed to kick-off.....

Posted by: dsheon1 | March 28, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Will someone please tell DC United Coach 'Nana' to call NIkolai at 703-914-5605. The boys are planning on joining him tonight!

Posted by: christpatriot | March 28, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Vamos United!

See you at RFK soon!

Posted by: Curious99 | March 28, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

sobugged1-

Let me know if you find a feed. I am desperately trying to find a stream for the game. Thanks.

Posted by: redskinsux | March 28, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

If anyone finds a stream, please post it.

Posted by: tundey | March 28, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

yes, please post the feed if you find one.

Posted by: The_Dude_Abides1 | March 28, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Fenty as Ambassador. Hmmm...that is a great rumor.

Maybe Barry is ready for a comeback to his comeback!

Posted by: roadkit | March 28, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Barry is getting read for a stretch of time for tax evasion...As for Fenty -- maybe he is trying to locate that Nigerian prince who took his money. Seriously, though. es pretty entrenched as Mayor. At least until there a Congress seat to run for...

Posted by: fischy | March 28, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

ditto on the feed...

I subscribe to Direct Kick through Comcast but the channel that the game is supposed to be on isn't working. Been on the phone with them all morning!

Posted by: lageftic | March 28, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

These are the closest things I could find. Nothing's listed as of right now except Direct Kick, but they may have a stream up before the game.

Posted by: Josh8 | March 28, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I just dropped 5 bucks on the MLS feed. Well worth it.

Posted by: notafembot | March 28, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I've paid the $20 bucks for the season pass to MLSlive.com the past two years and been pretty happy. Even if it's not perfect (I've had a few games blacked out), it's certainly worth the $20 for convenience alone. It beats spending hours searching for bootleg streams that aren't reliable. Plus, I'm sure every few dollars helps MLS out.

Posted by: garybutterworth | March 28, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse