Tomorrow's TV Lineup

Lots of World Cup qualifiers on Wednesday, lots of TV coverage.

What are you going to watch/tape?

Australia-Uzbekistan 5 a.m. ET Fox Soccer Channel
USA-T&T 7:30 p.m. ESPN2, Galavision
Scotland-Iceland 7:30 p.m. GolTV
Russia-Liechtenstein 9:30 p.m. GolTV
Honduras-Mexico 9:30 p.m. Telemundo

By Steve Goff  |  March 31, 2009; 12:31 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United vs. Hotel Lobby
Next: A Few Minutes With Francisco Maturana

Comments

Italy-Ireland
England-Ukraine

Big matches, both Setanta Premium ($$PPV$$). I'll be listening to the Ireland match on RTE1 online.

Posted by: Kev29 | March 31, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

And watching the US match... of course!

Posted by: Kev29 | March 31, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm setting my alarm to get up for the Socceroos thrashing of those Uzbeks -- the "'very nosey people with bone in their brain'"

Then, I'm hanging around to watch make glorious victory for Kazakhstan over oppressed people of Belarus.

Long live Fox Soccer Channel!!

Posted by: fischy | March 31, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

If you have access to Setanta -- I recommend the Israel-Greece match. I dropped $5.99 to watch Saturday's match online on something called Omnisport. Good teams that played with great pace and pieced together solid attacking chances. Really contrasted with the USA's play against El Salvador. I'm going to poke around an see if I can figure out a way to watch it online for free...

Posted by: fischy | March 31, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

the korea battle could be a preview for the coming war.

Posted by: gode | March 31, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

that's a full day's schedule! Much fuller than Saturday seemed to be. Too bad I will be working.

Posted by: fedssocr | March 31, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Goff,

With your journey to Music City, all these WC qualifiers and the start of another MLS Season, isn't it time for you to host another Q & A????

Posted by: BaltoFan | March 31, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

what about Argentina - Bolivia game?

Posted by: gmail | March 31, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Steve doesn't list the PPV options. Most South American qualifiers are only available via pay TV or closed circuit. Argentina-Bolivia available through Setanta Premium, but I'm not sure what bars are offering it. Kind of a mess - and a shame.

Posted by: Kev29 | March 31, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Hmm... Looks like North Korea vs. South Korea early and USA-T&T late.

Posted by: mason08 | March 31, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

With only one point out of their first two matches, I'm thinking Honduras is in a must-win situation against Mexico. A loss would surely put them out of reach for one of the top three automatic positions.

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | March 31, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Turkey-Spain 2 p.m. Setanta. Screw this. Why went to Setanta? which again brings back to the accessable problem discussion. Evan I can't this nevermind that I am already paying for the preminum high skyrocked price package. These monopolis filled with greeds make our lives miserable.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | March 31, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm. US vs T&T for me. Anyone thinking about going to Garrett's and getting Benny, Burch, or Peters to serve you up some $2 G&T's?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 31, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

no tv coverage for Costa Rica vs ELS?

Posted by: RM27 | March 31, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

no tv coverage for Costa Rica vs ELS?

Posted by: RM27 | March 31, 2009 2:54 PM

To paraphrase the great Jeff Spicoli... no Mexico, no US, no dice.

Posted by: Kev29 | March 31, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

This is U.S. History, I see the globe right there.

Posted by: Reignking | March 31, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I know that dude!

Posted by: Kev29 | March 31, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I was going to use that line, but I thought it so obscure no one would get it.

Posted by: Reignking | March 31, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Curtis, I don't hear you unless you knock.

Posted by: Reignking | March 31, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

why did I drop ESPNDeportes a few months again to save some money during the down economy? The Chile / Uruguay might just determine the fourth automatic bid from Conmebol.

I'll keep mentioning it through World Cup qualifying but it's a travesty that South America has the same number of bids as Asia (4 plus 1 playoff, not too mention that Asia's playoff - Oceania is much easier than SA's playoff - Concacaf). South America definitely deserves 5 plus 1 playoff. Here's the top 6 right now:

Paraguay
Argentina
Chile
Brazil
Uruguay
Colombia

Posted by: diego_r | March 31, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

It is hard not to be intrigued by the Russia-Liechtenstein match up. The disparity in size is amazing.

Russia is 106,335 times larger than Liechtenstein

Russia has 4057 times more people than Liechtenstein

Posted by: csd1 | March 31, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

As far as match watching I will bookend the work day with:

South Korea-North Korea 7 a.m. FSC
Crap 9AM - 6PM
USA-T&T 7:30 p.m. ESPN2

If I am not satisfied a little mismatch night cap:

Russia-Liechtenstein 9:30 p.m. GolTV

Posted by: csd1 | March 31, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Mexico qualifiers are must see TV for me these days. They are always minutes away from total implosion. I expect drama in Honduras tomorrow night.

Posted by: Kev29 | March 31, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

South Korea v North Korea: You be Jong-illin' by Run DMZ

270 kickin' it old school!

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 31, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Russia is 106,335 times larger than Liechtenstein

Russia has 4057 times more people than Liechtenstein

Posted by: csd1 | March 31, 2009 4:42 PM

*****************************************
I won't bet on Liechtinstein.

Thanks for the great research!

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | March 31, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

South Korea v North Korea: You be Jong-illin' by Run DMZ

270 kickin' it old school!

====

Holla!!

Posted by: mason08 | March 31, 2009 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Anyone interested in Lichenstien's soccer credentials should definitely check out the book "Stamping Grounds," written by a British writer who accompanies the team during the 2002 WC qualifiers. At that time, the national team had 6 full-time pros (all in the Swiss league) and everyone else had day jobs. As I recall, their #10 was struggling to pick between soccer and his banking career, and their sweeper had to miss a qualifier so he could oversee his grape harvest!

Posted by: edgeonyou | April 1, 2009 12:16 AM | Report abuse

Oops, forgot the link for the book:

Posted by: edgeonyou | April 1, 2009 12:17 AM | Report abuse

I will be watching none of these other than the USA game, cause I'll spend my day around Nashville and my night in the first row. :)

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | April 1, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse